• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Our last two defeats against them were both down to the wounded tiger effect with them playing out of their skins against their arch rivals, so it's worrying the way things are going against Bayern. By the time it comes round they may feel there's nothing like a NLD to wind them up and give them back their edge.

Our last two defeats against them were both down to the wounded tiger effect with them playing out of their skins against their arch rivals, so it's worrying the way things are going against Bayern. By the time it comes round they may feel there's nothing like a NLD to wind them up and give them back their edge.

Seriously if we are not more wounded than those ****s on the back of two 5-2 NLD defeats then I give up. I don't care how bad their results might be in the lead up, we should have been pumped for this ever since that last defeat.

I think there have been a number of pivotal derbies over the last seven or so years.

2006 - Carrick almost waltzes through the entire gooner team. Match finishes 1-1 and some uncooked horse finishes the job for them.

2008 - CC semi, our first win over them for donkeys years and its a hammering. Gives us the belief to build, plus bragging rights with regards to trophies over the last 7 years

2010 - Rose, THAT goal and we are boosted back into the hunt for CL places. The making of Bale, signing of VDV, recruitment of AVB all off the back of that campaign I'm sure.

2012 - if Saha and Ade had done their job properly we would have been 3-0 up and secure in third. Hazard/Moutinho/Leandro or players of that quality would have signed and maybe we would have opened up an even bigger gap this season. Bale would have ripped a hole in that Bayern defence by now too :D

I agree with what your saying mate but I think the gap is closing closing closing and it feels inevitable that we will over take them. But yeah, a win that eventually seals a league position ahead of them would probably be the biggest catch of them all.

I'm not kidding, every time I see Carrick play football, that run goes through my mind.

greatest goal never scored, he slalomed his way through 16 arsenal players before just missing the target (those who counted will remember Ginola against Leeds was only 14 opposition players)

I'm hoping that when we win freund and AVB break out a little improv street dance duet in wengers technical area

greatest goal never scored, he slalomed his way through 16 arsenal players before just missing the target (those who counted will remember Ginola against Leeds was only 14 opposition players)

I'm hoping that when we win freund and AVB break out a little improv street dance duet in wengers technical area

wasnt it Barnsley ?

They were wounded animals when we played them at the Emirates last season. The big difference now is, we have them at home. I think their fans realised last season that they needed to get behind their team for that game as it was win or bust with regards to CL qualification. Even Spurs wouldn't have thrown a 13 point lead away surely?

That being said, I never look forward to North London derbies. I hate every minute of them!

I think that this Arsenal team is on the edge and their fans arent behind them. We can really crush their spirit with a big win against them.

I will hold back until we've played them. Not long now.

Agree with this 100%.
Their pride is hurt.
We simply have to hope we keep doing what we're doing.
I believe.

p.s. yes, two 5-2 defeats at the scumirates in a row, but the difference between them each was huge. This season was simply an unreal result skewed by a sending off and three mistakes. We played well for large tracts of the match. I hope the lanky grey haired taco is made to pay soon!

BTW, I have it on excellent authority that Steffen Freund is one of the few who really DOES HATE THE GOONERS! I think you would see his bet pogo yet should we prevail...

Agree with this 100%.
Their pride is hurt.
We simply have to hope we keep doing what we're doing.
I believe.

p.s. yes, two 5-2 defeats at the scumirates in a row, but the difference between them each was huge. This season was simply an unreal result skewed by a sending off and three mistakes. We played well for large tracts of the match. I hope the lanky grey haired taco is made to pay soon!

We could be playing away to Barca with half our team missing and you still think we'd win :lol:

I do admire your optimisim, I am the complete opposite.

And why do Arsenal ALWAYS start off slow in games? Especially at home. Even when they were title contenders, they always came alive in the 2nd half.

I vote for Mcleish.

What he said. They are more likely to push the boat out and get Mourinho alas, we'll see. The only sour note is that IF they do well in the NLD, they can turn the whole season around. Wenger will bill it as a pivotal moment, he will sell it to the players as a pivotal moment, a chance to redeem the season. GHod I hope we completely stuff them...

bdf05gncqaa13d.jpg

Back