• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

70 mill? could significantly strengthen their spine imo

Reina - 12 mill

Alderweireld - 10 mill

Moutinho - 23 mill

Strootman - 15 mill

Villa - 13 mill

thats around 73 mill... more experience, power, and presence.

If you offered Liverpool £12m for Reina they would bite your fudging hand off. I don't rate Szczesny, but he's better than Reina IMO.

If you offered Liverpool £12m for Reina they would bite your fudging hand off. I don't rate Szczesny, but he's better than Reina IMO.

Reina gave up on Liverpool long ago. Once Benitez left and Liverpool went down the Woy, KKK and Brenton route he could see the slide right before his eyes and he wanted to leave quite a while back

Keepers make mistakes, he's made quite a few recently, but there is a very good keeper in there that just needs motivating again. Someone like Mourinho will help a lot.

Chesney's confidence is shot. He needs a timeout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztJFYF2xCE&feature=player_embedded

Cant believe what Im hearing from Wenger in this press conference today. This is a man who has cracked up ! :ross:

Comedy gold at 2.30 mins \o/

:lol: and a bit later when he says that he doesnt want to talk about the weekends result, saying that this is a CL conference, so then a German asks about Bayern Munich and Wenger says he doesnt want to speak about Bayern :lol: loopyland

It is at least possible that we will see "wounded tiger" effect when Arsenal play Bayern. Hopefully we will see "three legged tiger with insane zoo keeper gets clubbed on head", and the start of a disastrous run, but after what Chelsea did last season, anything is possible.

I rate Wenger quite highly (begrudgingly), think that lot would be mad to get rid of him but he comes across as a complete **** in that interview.

Don't think it creates a siege mentality at all. He didn't own any of the journos and made a big deal out of nothing. He was asked about the game at the weekend and said he wouldn't answer questions on it because he would only answer questions on the CL. That's a nonsense answer. The Blackburn game was relevant and if they'd won he would have happily answered questions on it. He looked a complete taco when he asked the journo "What are you looking at me for?" If I was a player, I'd think he's lost it to be honest. One female journo tried to help him out and say "The desire to win is still there" and he replied sarcastically (and it wasn't even funny). Okay it was a stupid question and the fact he isn't English mightn't help but Mourinho could pull that sarcasm off (as could Harry when he got a similar question after drawing with Leeds in the Cup a couple of seasons back and one could argue that Harry struggled with English too!!).

If you're gonna argue with journos, do it and make sense. Like Fergie does, like AVB did earlier in the season over Lloris/Friedel or even like Joe Kinnear did a couple of years back. You don't have to be right but there has to be some grain of sense in what you're saying so the players can buy into it. Wenger just came across as a nutter who is letting the pressure get to him. I'd be worried if I supported that lot. Thankfully, I'd rather a good dose of leprosy than have that inflicted on me.

I think the interesting thing he said was... "if i dont do well i will consider my future"

Surely if he meant that he would've gone ages ago lol

Out of interest, does anyone know any Arse fans that are under 18ish? For them it must bit weird, they will not have won a trophy in their time as a fan but would constantly hear about the unbeatables and the 90's teams.
Do these fans have less respect for wenger or are the older ones that have witnessed the good times and are now seeing the steady decline more anti-wenger?

I think the interesting thing he said was... "if i dont do well i will consider my future"

Not sure if serious... (maybe the lol means you aren't).

I'd love it if he left. I believe they would struggle badly. Where do Arsenal really think they should be finishing?

It's a completely different level but I remember 6-7 years ago, people were saying Alan Curbishley had taken Charlton as far as he could and they needed someone else to get to the next level. He left and both Curbishley and Charlton sank like stones.

If Arsenal get a new man, get ready for years of transition IMO

As much as I would love them to get mullered 2mor.. would it not be better to lose 2-0 or something and still need to play there strongest 11 in the 2nd leg only to go out anyway.. not that I care really. 2 x 6-0 stuffings would be fine by me too ;)

I'm in agreement. Want to see them shoot their bolt in this tie, with their domestic form taking a hit as a result. Big chance for Villa to take points on the weekend.

Last edited:
Arsenal are playing at home tonight, they're not going to get mullered. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they won this leg actually, only to lose the tie overall.

As for Wenger, it only makes sense to get rid if there is someone to come in who can do a better job? I'm not sure that list is too long tbh.

He has always said that.

Don't worry, if he considers Ramsey, Gervinho and co to be doing well, I'm sure he'll consider himself to be doing a fine job.

Arsenal are playing at home tonight, they're not going to get mullered. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they won this leg actually, only to lose the tie overall.

As for Wenger, it only makes sense to get rid if there is someone to come in who can do a better job? I'm not sure that list is too long tbh.

Whinger is not good for arsenal anymore. In that regard there are plenty who could come in and improve their fortunes.

I have a horrible feeling they will win tonight and draw away. I think we'll be sweating like last year until the semi final. Hope I'm wrong.

I know we always say it, but frankly, I cannot remember a more important derby in years.

I think there have been a number of pivotal derbies over the last seven or so years.

2006 - Carrick almost waltzes through the entire gooner team. Match finishes 1-1 and some uncooked horse finishes the job for them.

2008 - CC semi, our first win over them for donkeys years and its a hammering. Gives us the belief to build, plus bragging rights with regards to trophies over the last 7 years

2010 - Rose, THAT goal and we are boosted back into the hunt for CL places. The making of Bale, signing of VDV, recruitment of AVB all off the back of that campaign I'm sure.

2012 - if Saha and Ade had done their job properly we would have been 3-0 up and secure in third. Hazard/Moutinho/Leandro or players of that quality would have signed and maybe we would have opened up an even bigger gap this season. Bale would have ripped a hole in that Bayern defence by now too :D

I agree with what your saying mate but I think the gap is closing closing closing and it feels inevitable that we will over take them. But yeah, a win that eventually seals a league position ahead of them would probably be the biggest catch of them all.

Back