• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Arsenal have a supremely gifted midfield (Ateta, Carzola, Wiltshire). Their passing and movement is still excellent. We would be foolish to write them off. Their defence looks a bit fragile though and that will give us a chance of finishing above them. The NLD could be key. It really is a must not lose game for us.[/QUOTE]

It is, an Arsenal win will give them the momentum to go on one of their runs, and with us having to visit Anfield the week after it could be a key 7 or 8 days

Arsenal have a supremely gifted midfield (Ateta, Carzola, Wiltshire). Their passing and movement is still excellent. We would be foolish to write them off. Their defence looks a bit fragile though and that will give us a chance of finishing above them. The NLD could be key. It really is a must not lose game for us.

They are the biggest threat by far. We beat them in the NLD and I'll be confident we'll get top 4

Any Spurs fan would be a mug to write them off. I certainly ain't. I think it will go down to the last game just like last season. The North London derby isn't necessarily a must win, but it's a must not lose. What fudges me off is every season they lose a top player, but someone ALWAYS steps up, this season it's Wheelchair.

I hope not, we have had food poisoning and a nobbled goalie, what could they come up with this time? :)

Arsenal have a supremely gifted midfield (Ateta, Carzola, Wiltshire). Their passing and movement is still excellent. We would be foolish to write them off. Their defence looks a bit fragile though and that will give us a chance of finishing above them. The NLD could be key. It really is a must not lose game for us.

I agree that is an extremely talented midfield. I really thought that they would miss the steel in the middle of the park but they have coped well. That's what irritates me you can bet that Spurs with that midfield would be midtable.

I agree that is an extremely talented midfield. I really thought that they would miss the steel in the middle of the park but they have coped well. That's what irritates me you can bet that Spurs with that midfield would be midtable.

They keep the ball so well that its hard to get at them. What Wenger does is he moans about how physical and rough the opposition are; the opposition then think that they should take on Arsenal by playing "football" and be gracious/glorious about it and all. That's what Saudi Sportswashing Machine tried to do and plenty of other teams tried to do, as being the football "purists" that Arsenal are any team that tries to go rough gets treated badly in the press/media etc. That is when Arsenal will outplay them, as they have the players to do so. However the real way to get at Arsenal is to outmuscle and outfight them, play a deep line and catch there slower midfield on the break. I wish we had more muscle in CM, Dembele is insanely strong, parker fights but lacks the athetlicism and physicality, and likewise for holtby. But to beat them, we need hardwork and hope that BAE and the LCB are on their game to stop Wall****.

If those three played for us the post would be annihilated for your failure to spell any of their names correctly! As it is, they're Arsenal players so don't deserve any respect. ;)

They keep the ball so well that its hard to get at them. What Wenger does is he moans about how physical and rough the opposition are; the opposition then think that they should take on Arsenal by playing "football" and be gracious/glorious about it and all. That's what Saudi Sportswashing Machine tried to do and plenty of other teams tried to do, as being the football "purists" that Arsenal are any team that tries to go rough gets treated badly in the press/media etc. That is when Arsenal will outplay them, as they have the players to do so. However the real way to get at Arsenal is to outmuscle and outfight them, play a deep line and catch there slower midfield on the break. I wish we had more muscle in CM, Dembele is insanely strong, parker fights but lacks the athetlicism and physicality, and likewise for holtby. But to beat them, we need hardwork and hope that BAE and the LCB are on their game to stop Wall****.

TBF I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine were just sh1t, so were west ham.

Recently, Arsenal foul us a hell of a lot more than we foul them. In previous years we've been the ones with the pretty passing and they've looked like Stoke when they try to win the ball back.

ARSENE WENGER has warned Tottenham: We'll fight you to the end.

Arsenal remain four points behind their neighbours in the race for Champions League qualification.

But Wenger knows everything can change quickly in the final third of the season after plugging a 10-point gap to finish above Spurs last term.

And the Gunners boss reckons his side showed their character in beating Sunderland on Saturday despite being reduced to 10 men.

Wenger said: “There are many games to go.

“We are in the fight and the game on Saturday showed that we are ready for a fight.

“Our character was questioned many times.

“You saw on Saturday that we have plenty. I liked the last 20 minutes when we were pushed back.

“We headed every single ball. We tried like mad and that’s fantastic to see.

“Sometimes you have to just dig in and some players played in uncomfortable positions.

“When we have the desire to win, it helps a lot.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4789876/Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-will-fight-Tottenham-for-fourth.html

I can't seem to find the part about us in his quotes. They probably just forgot to put them in there. 8-[

ARSENE WENGER has warned Tottenham: We'll fight you to the end.

Arsenal remain four points behind their neighbours in the race for Champions League qualification.

But Wenger knows everything can change quickly in the final third of the season after plugging a 10-point gap to finish above Spurs last term.

And the Gunners boss reckons his side showed their character in beating Sunderland on Saturday despite being reduced to 10 men.

Wenger said: “There are many games to go.

“We are in the fight and the game on Saturday showed that we are ready for a fight.

“Our character was questioned many times.

“You saw on Saturday that we have plenty. I liked the last 20 minutes when we were pushed back.

“We headed every single ball. We tried like mad and that’s fantastic to see.

“Sometimes you have to just dig in and some players played in uncomfortable positions.

“When we have the desire to win, it helps a lot.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4789876/Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-will-fight-Tottenham-for-fourth.html

I can't seem to find the part about us in his quotes. They probably just forgot to put them in there. 8-[

I wonder which THFC employee the club will nominate to come out on the eve of the game and announce that we are better than Arsenal. It was Freund in November. How about we just keep quiet, beat them on the pitch, finish above them and THEN we can gloat about how we are better than them.

I wonder which THFC employee the club will nominate to come out on the eve of the game and announce that we are better than Arsenal. It was Freund in November. How about we just keep quiet, beat them on the pitch, finish above them and THEN we can gloat about how we are better than them.

dawson, it will be dawson

I agree that a physical DM is not really necessary if you can circulate the ball quickly and cleverly, which makes you hard to press (yes, I think Barca would do very well on a wintry night at Stoke). However, the likes of Chelsea traditionally always pummel Arsenal by being both decent passers *and* physical specimens who just batter them. I actually think the new-look, fully-fit Saudi Sportswashing Machine would do very well against Arsenal too - Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko are not only technically sound but very tough. Southampton are a very decent pressing side under their new coach too.

I don't really care so much about getting more muscle or pace in our team - I think what we need are more technical, faster passers who play one-touch football, along the lines of the gooners; Holtby and Ade are a good start, but I think we need some genuine continental types in the CM and FB positions.... players who can read the game and shine on the ball as much as off of it. We're good at pressing the opposition off the ball these days, but for long periods of the game we struggle to retain it. Part of that means we need better movement (note how we pull up after giving the teammate the ball, whereas United speed up their runs) which can be coached into the team, but the other part is the technical ability and intelligence/vision of the passer.

I agree that a physical DM is not really necessary if you can circulate the ball quickly and cleverly, which makes you hard to press (yes, I think Barca would do very well on a wintry night at Stoke). However, the likes of Chelsea traditionally always pummel Arsenal by being both decent passers *and* physical specimens who just batter them. I actually think the new-look, fully-fit Saudi Sportswashing Machine would do very well against Arsenal too - Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko are not only technically sound but very tough. Southampton are a very decent pressing side under their new coach too.

I don't really care so much about getting more muscle or pace in our team - I think what we need are more technical, faster passers who play one-touch football, along the lines of the gooners; Holtby and Ade are a good start, but I think we need some genuine continental types in the CM and FB positions.... players who can read the game and shine on the ball as much as off of it. We're good at pressing the opposition off the ball these days, but for long periods of the game we struggle to retain it. Part of that means we need better movement (note how we pull up after giving the teammate the ball, whereas United speed up their runs) which can be coached into the team, but the other part is the technical ability and intelligence/vision of the passer.

This is the first Arsenal side I've seen under Wenger without a "traditional DM" in fact their sucessful teams have been built on strong midfield DMs or box to box (petit pois, gilbert and of course viera). Even now they trample the brick or medium brick teams but come up against any quality side and they are fooked. Like I've said in previous threads I believe that Wenger is setting out to finish 4th and that's the extent of their ambition. Hence they are content that there are enough brick teams to batter which will enable them to do so.

Last edited:
dawson, it will be dawson

I could see Benny saying it, or someone like Holtby, probably quite confident being German an all. I have no problem with them believing it, in fact, I hope they do believe, but I see no reason to say it publicly.

The first 20-25 minutes of the last derby gives me confidence that we can beat them. We will have Dembele (hopefully) for this derby, Holtby and Bale hopefully still in brick hot form.

I could see Benny saying it, or someone like Holtby, probably quite confident being German an all. I have no problem with them believing it, in fact, I hope they do believe, but I see no reason to say it publicly.

The first 20-25 minutes of the last derby gives me confidence that we can beat them. We will have Dembele (hopefully) for this derby, Holtby and Bale hopefully still in brick hot form.

holtby is a good shout because he does not understand how we always fudge up, i will go for dawson as it is the sort of thing him and jenas say a lot

we need a striker to hit some form, we can not carry on till the end of the season and stay in top 4 without a striker hiting form of that im sure

Unfortunately, I would love us to play 2 amazingly gifted technical players in midfield, but we seem to have a lack of them at present. At least when Sandro was in we had physicality, now I feel or CM looks quite exposed.

Apparently the first time they've gone out to a lower league side under Wenger. Also their first FA Cup loss at the Death Star. If we can trust the American pundits.

563528_10152561559825475_370538017_n.jpg

Back