• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

City won the Prem, something we haven't even smelt let alone won.

They won it by pipping their bitter rivals in the last game, how sweet is that? Sweeter than anything ever we have produced over Arsenal, even the 91 semi-final doesn't match that.

Oh and we haven't won the FA Cup since then, City have.

They and their fans have had far more joy in the Prem era than us, thanks to stacks of money.

I've never ever seen Wheelchair take a game by the scruff of the neck and win it (Apart from the Swansea game in the FA Cup). I don't actually know what Wheelchair does except try and stand in midfield and act all hard.

I'd take Cazorla in a heartbeat though.

I've seen Wheelchair take games by the scruff of the neck, whatever that means, far more than Cazorla. I'd take Wheelchair over him any day, mainly because it would hurt Arsenal so much more.

I'd take Walcott, no danger, better than any of our strikers. And I'm a big Dempsey fan. Used to be a big Ade fan too, no more.

Not sure about walcott. He is certainly doing well at the moment but too inconsistent for me and definately not the world class striker we crave.

Last edited:
Not sure about walcott is certainly doing well at the moment but too inconsistent for me and definately not the world class striker we crave.

Fair enough, but for me he's more consistent than JD or Ade, and better than Dempsey.

As for world class, why would a world class striker join us? Can't see that ever under ENIC. I've been splitting my sides for years over the deluded idea that Falcao might join us. So many Spurs fans have a ridiculously inflated idea of our station in world football, or simply don't understand how good Falcao is to even dream of it, let alone seriously suggest it.

Walcott would never join us for obvious reasons, but our current strikers are about the level we will get, and one of them, Dempsy I rate big-time.

The last world class striker we had was Klinsmann, and that was the much maligned Sugar who got him in, not ENIC.

I've seen Wheelchair take games by the scruff of the neck, whatever that means, far more than Cazorla. I'd take Wheelchair over him any day, mainly because it would hurt Arsenal so much more.

If you're not sure what it means..

How do you know you have seen it?

8-[

Fair enough, but for me he's more consistent than JD or Ade, and better than Dempsey.

As for world class, why would a world class striker join us? Can't see that ever under ENIC. I've been splitting my sides for years over the deluded idea that Falcao might join us. So many Spurs fans have a ridiculously inflated idea of our station in world football, or simply don't understand how good Falcao is to even dream of it, let alone seriously suggest it.
Walcott would never join us for obvious reasons, but our current strikers are about the level we will get, and one of them, Dempsy I rate big-time.

The last world class striker we had was Klinsmann, and that was the much maligned Sugar who got him in, not ENIC.

Almost agree except they got in Berbatov who I believe ( rightly or wrongly) is in that World class bracket.

JPG - we had berba, who at times his finishing was drop dead, jaw droppingly stunningly gorgeous - imho. I think in recently our midfield quality has been better than the scum's.

So they lose RVP, the man who pretty much scored all their goals last year yet they are still there or thereabouts. It's baffling, surely they will have more hiccups to come, surely Giroud won't come good... Surely this is the year we finally beat them.

Fair comments, but I don't think Berbatov was seen as world class when he joined.

It's a bit of a circular argument I know, but had Berbs been rated as world-class I'm pretty sure Utd would have taken him then. They dithered, because there were doubts, IIRC.

JPG - we had berba, who at times his finishing was drop dead, jaw droppingly stunningly gorgeous - imho. I think in recently our midfield quality has been better than the scum's.

See above - you can argue Berba became world class after we signed him, but was he seen as world class when we signed him. My computer and FIFA raknings says no :) Just to be clear this last bit's a joke, I've no idea what his FIFA ranking was.

So they lose RVP, the man who pretty much scored all their goals last year yet they are still there or thereabouts. It's baffling, surely they will have more hiccups to come, surely Giroud won't come good... Surely this is the year we finally beat them.

They've lost RVP but they've gained a better player in the Walcott of now than last season, and crucially Wheelchair is back, a massive boost for them.

Also they had terrible defensive injuries last season - I think the first time they fielded a decent back 5 for months was, yep you guessed it, when they did us 5-2 in that season-changing game.

article-2269223-17340631000005DC-820_634x404.jpg

Olivier Giroud was Arsenal’s FA Cup hero on Saturday, but their victory was marred by ugly clashes between their own supporters.

The Frenchman scored twice before substitute Theo Walcott hit a late winner for Arsene Wenger’s side against resilient Brighton.

But the win was overshadowed by a fight among Arsenal supporters after a fan unfurled a banner calling for Wenger to leave the club.

It read: ‘Arsene, thanks for the memories but it’s time to say goodbye.’

The banner sparked fury among Wenger supporters who ordered the supporter to put it away.

The brawl, which occurred around the 80-minute mark, saw a number of punches thrown.

One supporter, understood to be the man who unravelled the banner, was ejected from the stadium.

Frustrations among supporters were growing after Brighton twice pegged Arsenal back after Giroud put them ahead on two separate occasions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269223/A-fight-broke-Arsenal-supporters-fan-revealed-banner-calling-Arsene-Wenger-leave-club.html

beware of Theo

Back