• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Re: Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

If we're basing this on over ally quality and absolutely nothing else then:

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Sagna-----------Vertonghen-------Vermaelen-----------Ekotto

------------------------------Sandro------------------------------

---------------------Wheelchair---------Dembele-------------------

------Cazorla---------------------------------------------Bale----

-----------------------------Adebayor------------------------------

^ Carzola plays through the middle doesn't he?

how many times have you argued against that kind of line up for Spurs because there isn't enough goals in the middle? (maybe not you actually, but plenty on here do) playing Walcott wide right and Carzola in the middle (instead of Dembele) will make the team a much more potent attacking threat

I'm probably going to get flamed for it, but there is no player on the Scum's side that I would want, none are that standout (no truly WC players).

The Scum are extremely inconsistent, and the bottle/fight of their squad in general needs to be questioned. Manager (in place for over a decade), System (same) and experience is what gives them the edge now. But they are not an improving side, simply one trying to hang on to the last money spot.

The Lennon/Walcott argument is a perfect example, pro/cons to both, Walcott more inconsistent imo, is a c$%t and on stupid wages and is not a guaranteed improvement on Lennon, why would anyone be interested?

Lots of players in the league I would go for, think could walk into Spurs first team, just for the first time in my memory, none would come from Scum (last one was obviously RVP)

^ Carzola plays through the middle doesn't he?

how many times have you argued against that kind of line up for Spurs because there isn't enough goals in the middle? (maybe not you actually, but plenty on here do) playing Walcott wide right and Carzola in the middle (instead of Dembele) will make the team a much more potent attacking threat

Cazorla played as a right sided playmaker a lot for Malaga and Villareal and has played there for Gooners a few games. Dembele would be playing a different role than he does with us if he's partnering a deep lying playmaker like Wheelchair.

Cazorla played as a right sided playmaker a lot for Malaga and Villareal and has played there for Gooners a few games. Dembele would be playing a different role than he does with us if he's partnering a deep lying playmaker like Wheelchair.

still a lack of goals there mate

and Raz, re Walcott/Lennon - he has more goals and assists in the past 3 seasons than Bale (only slightly) make no mistake, if he played for us we'd all be hyping him up big time

He's played against West Ham and Brighton.

(sigh) you're right...of the two, counting wet spam as serious opposition is bang out of order. Apologies! :lol:

p.s. especially as I used that exact argument when saying their win over spam meant nowt! :eek:

AHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Briiiiiiighton!!!!! Yes!

Cheeky bid?

Honestly? He simply HAS to have a bit more STYLE. He currently looks like some provincial French lumpen youth trying to look 'cool' plus he has to do something about that 'I've got a duck up my arse' waddle-walk he has. That's if he EVER wants to get CLOSE to wearing our shirt!!!

Honestly? He simply HAS to have a bit more STYLE. He currently looks like some provincial French lumpen youth trying to look 'cool' plus he has to do something about that 'I've got a duck up my arse' waddle-walk he has. That's if he EVER wants to get CLOSE to wearing our shirt!!!

Not in the slightest :lol:

I'm probably going to get flamed for it, but there is no player on the Scum's side that I would want, none are that standout (no truly WC players).

The Scum are extremely inconsistent, and the bottle/fight of their squad in general needs to be questioned. Manager (in place for over a decade), System (same) and experience is what gives them the edge now. But they are not an improving side, simply one trying to hang on to the last money spot.

The Lennon/Walcott argument is a perfect example, pro/cons to both, Walcott more inconsistent imo, is a c$%t and on stupid wages and is not a guaranteed improvement on Lennon, why would anyone be interested?

Lots of players in the league I would go for, think could walk into Spurs first team, just for the first time in my memory, none would come from Scum (last one was obviously RVP)

Agree mostly with this except I would have Wheelchair for his ability to pick the game by the scruff of the neck and win it. That is the kind of player we are missing.

I've never ever seen Wheelchair take a game by the scruff of the neck and win it (Apart from the Swansea game in the FA Cup). I don't actually know what Wheelchair does except try and stand in midfield and act all hard.

I'd take Cazorla in a heartbeat though.

I've never ever seen Wheelchair take a game by the scruff of the neck and win it (Apart from the Swansea game in the FA Cup). I don't actually know what Wheelchair does except try and stand in midfield and act all hard.

The swansea game is a brilliant example of central midfield/playmaker play. Hate to say it but it was a virtuoso performance. Can't say I agree with your assessment of him at all. He has so much drive, brilliant passer and scores goals.

He makes simple five/ten yard passes and occasionally fouls people.

That's all i see. Arteta and Cazorla are a class above him.

The swansea game is a brilliant example of central midfield/playmaker play. Hate to say it but it was a virtuoso performance. Can't say I agree with your assessment of him at all. He has so much drive, brilliant passer and scores goals.

One goal in 50 premier league appearances for Arsenal.

Last edited:
I completely agree.

Barcelona have 11 Jack Wilsheres in there youth team.

TBH can't believe I am defending a goon but unfortunately I really do see him as potentially a very special player for them. Not only is he already a very good player but he seems to have an incredible will to win. That's enough of the goon love in I'll have to go and lie down.

I'd take Walcott, no danger, better than any of our strikers. And I'm a big Dempsey fan. Used to be a big Ade fan too, no more.

Back