• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

On what basis should it be 2 transfers per window? A bit arbitrary methinks

Well, i wasnt gling to say 2 but lets say a set figure then. But as usual, theory and practice doesnt always work. Limiting transfers is a great idea for me and there are good arguments for it but taking a pragmatic view, it would never work.

Re: Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Not a chance mate. Dembele would walk into every team in the league bar Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea. Giroud wouldn't start for any other team in the top 6.

That's besides the point anyway because RvP is head and shoulders above any player we lost from last season.

I don't want to bang on about this, because this isn't the right thread for it. But in my opinion if we had RvP this season? We'd be title contenders. If we still had Modric and VDV? We wouldn't be. That isn't a slight on Modric or VDV because they are both excellent players. But RvP is world class and world class players can be worth 10+pts a season to a club all on their own. RvP certainly was to an otherwise very ordinary Arsenal side last year and for me RvP will be the main factor in why Utd win the title this year. A great purchase by old red nose.

in VdV and Modric we lost creativity and goals from our midfield - two aspects which haven't really been replaced at all. Dembele is a great player but he is neither a playmaker or goal scorer

Even if you choose to ignore Clint Dempsey, Sigurdsson and Dembele are outperforming VDV and Modders in terms of combined goals and combined assists so far this season.

I will not be satisfied we have got anything over these c'unts till we finish the season above them, also beating them in a heart breaking manner, similar to being 2-0 down ht at the effeminates, coming back to win 3-2. Also, blowing their dreams sky high, which they and the blue scum love to do to us.

Rant over - for now...

And people saying they wouldn't want City's billions. Can you imagine what it felt like to be one of their fans, doing Utd over for the title, with practically the last kick of the season. Beating them 6-1, all the hurt they've endured v Utd, payback time at last.

How I'd love to see us do something like that to Arsenal, not that Arsenal are anywhere near as good as Utd, but still, beating them to win the title, how sweet would that be.

And people saying they wouldn't want City's billions. Can you imagine what it felt like to be one of their fans, doing Utd over for the title, with practically the last kick of the season. Beating them 6-1, all the hurt they've endured v Utd, payback time at last.

How I'd love to see us do something like that to Arsenal, not that Arsenal are anywhere near as good as Utd, but still, beating them to win the title, how sweet would that be.

It would be sweet. It would also be far sweeter without 'City's billions'.

It's like playing Theme park. You can play the normal way, build up your park slowly and when it gets to be massive you look at it and marvel at how much work you have done and how well it has gone.

Or you can cheat with unlimited cash and get bored twenty minutes in because there's no longer really any point.

For me, it's taking a very looong run up and tackling them head on. For a long while, the quality of our squad was lacking, and the managers couldn't do their magic. Theirs were filled with stars, winners.

As bad as they have been, their worst under wenger has been better than our best.

Back to wenger's proposal, it has it's pros and cons and you can see what it can mean when taken to an extreme. Big money teams as well as those teams in dire straits would be tied down, the latter case perhaps unfairly. I doubt it'd be put into effect, so the point is moot for me.

Even if you choose to ignore Clint Dempsey, Sigurdsson and Dembele are outperforming VDV and Modders in terms of combined goals and combined assists so far this season.

Well if that is the case id maybe have to re evaluate my opinion - doesn't sound right to me though tbh

Honestly, what current Spurs players would you replace with Arsenal ones?

Without thinking too deep in to formation/tactics id take Podolski, Walcott, Wheelchair, Sagna, Carzola - Mertesecker has a bad rep but has actually become quite a solid CB so a case could be made for him as well.

Front 3 of Bale Podolski and Walcott.
Sandro Wheelchair and Carzola in the center
Back four, Benny Vertonghen Kaboul Sagna
Lloris in goal

The two sides are evenly matched but their experience combined with Wengers consistency gives them the edge at this point in time, imho - once we break the duck and finish above them (if it ever happens!) could ser the mentality switch in our favour

If everyone was in top form than Vermaelen and Adebayor would both probably start.

On current form i guess Vermaelen or Mertersacker should be in my team above in front of Kaboul and Dembele should be in for Wheelchair.

Id also say that on paper last season we were better than Arsenal - this season it is a lot closer (id say it is marginal one way or the other)

On paper last season : Friedel, Ekotto, Vermaelen, Kaboul, Sagna, Parker Modric, VdV, Bale, Lennon, RvP

Last edited:
It would be sweet. It would also be far sweeter without 'City's billions'.

It's like playing Theme park. You can play the normal way, build up your park slowly and when it gets to be massive you look at it and marvel at how much work you have done and how well it has gone.

Or you can cheat with unlimited cash and get bored twenty minutes in because there's no longer really any point.

I do find it amusing that while Chelsea won the league in their 2nd season under Abramovich and walked the title for two seasons, won countless FA cups, league cups and reached the latter stages of the CL from the get go from the result of Roman's cash, Emirates Marketing Project barely scraped the title in the last minute of the season, on goal difference despite having the best squad by a distance, have only one other trophy to their name under Mancini, have flopped spectacularly in the CL two seasons running and are 5 points behind United as it stands in the title race.

Without thinking too deep in to formation/tactics id take Podolski, Walcott, Wheelchair, Sagna, Carzola - Mertesecker has a bad rep but has actually become quite a solid CB so a case could be made for him as well.

Front 3 of Bale Podolski and Walcott.
Sandro Wheelchair and Carzola in the center
Back four, Benny Vertonghen Kaboul Sagna
Lloris in goal

The two sides are evenly matched but their experience combined with Wengers consistency gives them the edge at this point in time, imho - once we break the duck and finish above them (if it ever happens!) could ser the mentality switch in our favour

We don't play a front three and if we did, would you play Bale through the centre? Because Podolski hasn't played through the centre for a long long time, probably because he is poor there. Podolski is an excellent inside left forward though, so for me it's not him and Bale, it's him or Bale. I am not convinced Bale can play as an inside forward however, and if we ever do properly switch to a 4-3-3 it may be once Bale has left the club.

Walcott vs Lennon? Well we play two banks of four at the moment and I'd have Lennon all day long. Likewise I wouldn't play Carzola centrally in a four man Premiership midfield. Wheelchair vs Dembele is a close call, but again I think they play slightly different roles. To indulge in a 4-3-3 fantasy my team would be Lloris, Sagna, Dawson, Vertonghen, Ekotto as the defensive unit. Sandro, Dembele and Wheelchair through the middle. Bale and Lennon on the flanks. Adebayor leading the line.

just checked the stats and Dempsey has 5 goals and 4 assists - which puts him more or less on target to equal VdVs contribution last season (11 and 6) - which i find a little surprising tbh. Sigurdsson has 4 assists and Dembele 1 goal and 3 assists.

so yeah i guess VdVs contribution last season is potentially being matched by his replacements

Last edited:

We don't play a front three and if we did, would you play Bale through the centre? Because Podolski hasn't played through the centre for a long long time, probably because he is poor there. Podolski is an excellent inside left forward though, so for me it's not him and Bale, it's him or Bale. I am not convinced Bale can play as an inside forward however, and if we ever do properly switch to a 4-3-3 it may be once Bale has left the club.

Walcott vs Lennon? Well we play two banks of four at the moment and I'd have Lennon all day long. Likewise I wouldn't play Carzola centrally in a four man Premiership midfield. Wheelchair vs Dembele is a close call, but again I think they play slightly different roles. To indulge in a 4-3-3 fantasy my team would be Lloris, Sagna, Dawson, Vertonghen, Ekotto as the defensive unit. Sandro, Dembele and Wheelchair through the middle. Bale and Lennon on the flanks. Adebayor leading the line.

if i was picking a team out of the two sets of players i would pick a formation to get the best out of the players available - hence 433

as a RWF Walcott is superior to Lennon, goals and assists stats back that up all day long - Lennons great and is one of my favorite players before anyone starts . . .
Bale as a LWF, which i believe he has every attribute required to do so permanently and Podolski in the center purely because Adebayor is way off the boil and Defoe doesn't match up to him (imo) i also believe he played tyhrough the center in Germany at club level with a fine scoring record (Adebayor of last season would be in my team over Podolski though tbf)

a central 3 of Sandro Wheelchair and Carzola covers all the bases - creativity, goals and steel - pretty self explanatory that one.

back four i don't think many will argue with, maybe Vermaelen or Mertersacker in at CB instead of Kaboul (Vermaelen when on top form or Mertersacker on current form)
Sagna > Walker
Benny > whichever clown they play at LB

Lloris - clearly the better player.

my 433 with the players above would beat any 442 you could put together with the same pool of players ;)

Last edited:
I do find it amusing that while Chelsea won the league in their 2nd season under Abramovich and walked the title for two seasons, won countless FA cups, league cups and reached the latter stages of the CL from the get go from the result of Roman's cash, Emirates Marketing Project barely scraped the title in the last minute of the season, on goal difference despite having the best squad by a distance, have only one other trophy to their name under Mancini, have flopped spectacularly in the CL two seasons running and are 5 points behind United as it stands in the title race.

It certainly comes across as spectacular mismanagement of tremendous resources.

Different time though, Cheat$ki upset the apple cart (they were the only sugar daddy club), changed the game, and brought in one of the best managers in the world.

Now, other clubs in the league have adapted to having to compete with Sugar Daddy clubs, City spends a lot, but so does Cheat$ki, Manure and Pool, Scum is still around and we are a far better side than we were when RA arrived (as are Everton to be fair).

City has the best full squad in the league by some distance, I've admired Mancini, but if he doesn't win the title this year, they need to replace him.

City play just like a typical Italian side. Defensively solid, boring and some top strikers that can conjure up things on their own.

Back