• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Everybody might know now about Friedel's big flaw , but it took a lot of lobbying by us Lloris fans before it seemed to register with a lot of Brad fans. Also the goal I, or rather Windy, highlights, precisely shows poor decision-making by Brad, being in the wrong starting position. Given he's over 40 I understand his more 'defensive strategy' but that doesn't make him better than Chesney.

Still acting like a pompous ass on this thread, I see!

Still acting like a pompous ass on this thread, I see!

It is this thing women do with celebrities they follow them and call themselves team"angelina jolie" as if they are supporting a football team. Now the feminine football fans are doing it, i expect to see guys walking round with team Lloris t-shirts and holding copies of grazia soon.

Everybody might know now about Friedel's big flaw , but it took a lot of lobbying by us Lloris fans before it seemed to register with a lot of Brad fans. Also the goal I, or rather Windy, highlights, precisely shows poor decision-making by Brad, being in the wrong starting position. Given he's over 40 I understand his more 'defensive strategy' but that doesn't make him better than Chesney.

Lloris fan? Brad fan? We're not 8 years old mate. We're Spurs fans (or Emirates Marketing Project fans, or Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans). You don't support the player you support the club.

Not that I didn't jump for joy with Koscielny's sending off, but does Mike Dean have some 'history' with Arsenal..???

They've only won once (ironically against us) when Dean has reffed scum games, but I think he got the Koscielney red card spot on. Dzeko would have got there IMO. The Kompany one was harsh, but I can see why a ref would decide that's a red in this day and age.

They've only won once (ironically against us) when Dean has reffed scum games, but I think he got the Koscielney red card spot on. Dzeko would have got there IMO. The Kompany one was harsh, but I can see why a ref would decide that's a red in this day and age.

Yeah, didn't someone post of video of him doing a sort of little 'jig' when we scored one of our goals in that match?

I agree about Kompany, from the refs view it looks two footed but from other angles you can clearly see his left foot is behind his right leg and is not a two footed challenge.

Yeah well I could cite goals where Szeznsey's starting position was awful and made it easy for the striker, the Michu goal the Emirates recently springs to mind.

I honestly can't think of too many mistakes Friedel made last season.

We're talking about this season. You prefer Brad, I prefer Chesney, it's unlikely either of us could come up with cast iron stats to win the argument either. To me Chesney just looks like a better keeper.

I agree about Kompany, from the refs view it looks two footed but from other angles you can clearly see his left foot is behind his right leg and is not a two footed challenge.

I think most fans can agree, no matter who they support that tackling is well on its way to becoming outlawed which is a big shame, I mean this is football, not flower arranging. Kompany does have previous in terms of jumping in two footed, but that wasn't the case today.

I think most fans can agree, no matter who they support that tackling is well on its way to becoming outlawed which is a big shame, I mean this is football, not flower arranging. Kompany does have previous in terms of jumping in two footed, but that wasn't the case today.

I agree.

I think sometimes a little too much focus is put on the two footed part. Against Arsenal Kompany more or less just sat down and stretched his legs out, I struggle to see how he's going to injure someone like that.

The dangerous thing is when players go in with their legs straight, studs showing and with a lot of force. That's where the red cards should be shown.

Arsenal's Mikel Arteta ruled out for three weeks

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has been ruled out of action for three weeks with a calf strain.

So, what was Arsenals record without him again? :p

I did not do the mind the gap thing last season but I did the RVP tray thing many, many times. I have already done the mind the gap this season and will continue.

Can someone do an animated gif of that Gooner fan giving Dzeko the tosser sign then realising he is on tele and sweeps the hair like he wasn't doing the tosser sign to Dzeko but making his hair look nice. It was on MOTD.

Arsenal's Mikel Arteta ruled out for three weeks

Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has been ruled out of action for three weeks with a calf strain.

So, what was Arsenals record without him again? :p

You can compound that equation with Koscielny's three game absence. Just as the fixtures pile up, he puts his feet up. He'll miss the FA Cup replay home to Swansea on Wed., plus Chelsea away on Sunday and West Ham at home Wed.

Last chance for a trophy, or least a lovely outing for the fans to Brighton, plus two crucial London derbies. Bet he finds tinkle in his change room shampoo soon.

Back