• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Diaby is more effective than Wheelchair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much more. What does Wheelchair actually do? He doesn't affect the game at either end of the field and he doesn't run a game like a Modric/Alonso/Pirlo etc, he just plays these nice looking snappy 5 yarders, turns and receives, but in the grand scheme of things what is he actually achieving? Diaby just runs through teams at ease and plays incisive passes that actualy matter.

Much more. What does Wheelchair actually do? He doesn't affect the game at either end of the field and he doesn't run a game like a Modric/Alonso/Pirlo etc, he just plays these nice looking snappy 5 yarders, turns and receives, but in the grand scheme of things what is he actually achieving? Diaby just runs through teams at ease and plays incisive passes that actualy matter.

Very true

I bet if he wasn't English he would barely be noticed.

What does he actually do that makes him so good?

Ive never failed to not be impressed with his drive, his engine, his attitude to win, his quick passing, the way he breaks up play...

I hate him but actually think he is a very very good player

Ive never failed to not be impressed with his drive, his engine, his attitude to win, his quick passing, the way he breaks up play...

I hate him but actually think he is a very very good player

Those sound like any number of ways we could describe a player like Livermore (apart from maybe the quick passing..) or perhaps any number of English/British players; but can you name more than 6 games (and not just CL dead-rubbers of Carling cup ones) where Wheelchair's presence made the difference in terms of Arsenal's result?

Those sound like any number of ways we could describe a player like Livermore (apart from maybe the quick passing..) or perhaps any number of English/British players; but can you name more than 6 games (and not just CL dead-rubbers of Carling cup ones) where Wheelchair's presence made the difference in terms of Arsenal's result?

fudging hell I dont have that much interest in them..

Spinning your post on its head name 6 or more games that Diaby has done the above

I can't because I don't memorise Arsenal games but away to Liverpool earlier this season Diaby just bossed it completely and strode through them at will. Liverpool have a player much like Wheelchair, looks really good but actually there's not much substance to him - Joe Allen.

Spinning your post on its head name 6 or more games that Diaby has done the above

I'm not saying Diaby is all that (slightly above average CM) but he is better and more effectibe than Wheelchair (when he plays, that is).
Diabey was probably the difference when the won against Liverpool and seemed to boss things when they played away to City. Can generally play box-to-box, which Wheelchair does not.

Wheelchair is the classic get the ball and play it 5 yards and look good kind of Arsenal player. Not fit to lick Febregas' or Modric's boots, for example

I'm not saying Diaby is all that (slightly above average CM) but he is better and more effectibe than Wheelchair (when he plays, that is).
Diabey was probably the difference when the won against Liverpool and seemed to boss things when they played away to City. Can generally play box-to-box, which Wheelchair does not.

Wheelchair is the classic get the ball and play it 5 yards and look good kind of Arsenal player. Not fit to lick Febregas' or Modric's boots, for example

Wheelchair's very good with the snarl and dismissive sneer.

Practices them at home on his corgi.

Jimmy Greaves-class at the bar, too.

Last edited:
Wheelchair's very good with the snarl and dismissive sneer.

Practices them at home on his corgi.

Jimmy Greaves-class at the bar, too.

Don't forget..

80481599.jpg

:-#

Wheelchair is a little tinkle-ant but he is twice the player Diaby is. It is rare indeed that Diaby strides through anything. He may have done it in the odd match but he is massively inconsistent, and his time at Arsenal is characterised by his inability to hold down a starting spot. Wheelchair is a long way from the finished article but I see a touch of the Roy Keane about him. Good at everything and a desire to win at all costs.

Wheelchair is a little tinkle-ant but he is twice the player Diaby is. It is rare indeed that Diaby strides through anything. He may have done it in the odd match but he is massively inconsistent, and his time at Arsenal is characterised by his inability to hold down a starting spot. Wheelchair is a long way from the finished article but I see a touch of the Roy Keane about him. Good at everything and a desire to win at all costs.

Two reasons. One of them was Alex Song and the other is injuries. He's injured more than any player i've ever known.

Wheelchair is average at everything. He doesn't show any kind of spark but he tries hard, which seems to be enough for an English footballer..

Two reasons. One of them was Alex Song and the other is injuries. He's injured more than any player i've ever known.

Wheelchair is average at everything. He doesn't show any kind of spark but he tries hard, which seems to be enough for an English footballer..

I'd say there are three reasons and one of them is that he is not that good.

I think your underselling Wheelchair too, much as I dislike the little fudge.

I'd say there are three reasons and one of them is that he is not that good.

I think your underselling Wheelchair too, much as I dislike the little fudge.

I wouldn't mind Wheelchair as much if he had the ability to back up his arrogance. I've just never seen it in him. I'm actually rather glad he signed a new contract at Arsenal. I'd rather have him there being average than them try and buy someone who's actually any good.

I think your underselling Diaby. I get the feeling our paths will not cross on this.. :p

I must admit I really liked Song as a player (well, when on form). Tbh I think there are more than a few in La Liga and the Bundesliga who can do what Wheelchair or Diaby do (consider that last season Modric had much higher passes and Key Passes rates than either of them this season...stats can't embody everything, but I think KP is pretty useful for the deeper playmakers), though I am undoubtedly biased and I pretty much only watch Arse in the CL or when they lose in embarrassing fashion. :)

We're definitely in a five-way fight for two positions imo. Chelsea will find themselves up there even with Benitez at the helm, Arsenal and Everton both manage to finish pretty strong every season, and I think even Liverpool are starting to find rhythm. Let's hope we actually do something this window besides a loan for a geriatric as usual.

Don't say that about Parker though - people will get very angry ;)

Diaby started the season very well and was bossing games - what happened afterwards - another injury?

He's very underrated, imv by glory-hunting hollow Goons who expect to be signing players to the standard of Xavi Hernandez every transfer window. Get over it - those days are dog-gone.

Back