• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I think Wheelchair is a top player for his age. I love the way he plays, just like I love the way Dempsey plays, they're fighters, I love that in a player.

When you consider he's only a few months older than Tom Carroll, that just puts it into perspective how good Wheelchair is. No disrespect to Tom, but Wheelchair goes out there and plays like a captain and was doing so before he was injured too. To me he could be a Tony Adams 'Mr Arsenal' style player, that's how good I think he is and can be.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Wheelchair as much if he had the ability to back up his arrogance. I've just never seen it in him. I'm actually rather glad he signed a new contract at Arsenal. I'd rather have him there being average than them try and buy someone who's actually any good.

I think your underselling Diaby. I get the feeling our paths will not cross on this.. :p

Life would be boring if we all agreed ;)

I think Wheelchair is a top player for his age. I love the way he plays, just like I love the way Dempsey plays, they're fighters, I love that in a player.

When you consider he's only a few months older than Tom Carroll, that just puts it into perspective how good Wheelchair is. No disrespect to Tom, but Wheelchair goes out there and plays like a captain and was doing so before he was injured too. To me he could be a Tony Adams 'Mr Arsenal' style player, that's how good I think he is and can be.

Agreed. He's a ****, but he's the type of player I wish still existed in numbers around the world's clubs. A fighter, a captain and a never-say-die type growler. When allied to the technical ability he clearly has.....Arsenal have a fudging gem, and it sickens me to admit that.

aresnela are going to be active in january, mark my words. at least two players in to bolster their first team in january. one of which may become a regular in the first 16

aresnela are going to be active in january, mark my words. at least two players in to bolster their first team in january. one of which may become a regular in the first 16

Er what?

Two players for the first team (which is the first eleven no?), one of which will become a regular in the first 16 (16 is arbitrary no? if it's the squad it's 18)?

How can you buy two players for the first team if only one of them is going to be a regular in the first 16?

I r confused.. :(

Love that quote, TBH we wouldnt want you helmet your brick compared to what we have

Arsenal’s most bitter rivals are their North London neighbours Tottenham and Szczesny said: “I couldn’t play there — never ever!

“I can’t imagine any circumstances which could force me to play there.

“There are some things you can’t do in your life.”

But what would happen if Spurs came in with an offer of four times his Arsenal salary?

He said: “I have an ambition to have a contract like that at Arsenal

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...r-is-still-GHod-at-Arsenal.html#ixzz2HrDUCBMv

Love that quote, TBH we wouldnt want you helmet your brick compared to what we have

Arsenal’s most bitter rivals are their North London neighbours Tottenham and Szczesny said: “I couldn’t play there — never ever!

But what would happen if Spurs came in with an offer of four times his Arsenal salary?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...r-is-still-GHod-at-Arsenal.html#ixzz2HrDUCBMv

Good. I really wouldn't want him if he came out and said 'I'll happily play for Tottenham'. A rivalry is a fudging rivalry, and too few players seem to respect that nowadays, Luka Modric esquire being one of the offenders in our colours recently.

However, their acquisition of old Sol still hasn't been repaid in kind by us, soooo......

Good. I really wouldn't want him if he came out and said 'I'll happily play for Tottenham'. A rivalry is a fudging rivalry, and too few players seem to respect that nowadays, Luka Modric esquire being one of the offenders in our colours recently.

However, their acquisition of old Sol still hasn't been repaid in kind by us, soooo......

Not with him though, he isnt that great and is a 1st class ****

That **** wouldn't even be our 2nd choice keeper.

There's no doubt in my mind that Chesney is better than Friedel, by a fair distance I'd say. He's not as good as Lloris, but it's close,. For me, he's one of the better keepers in the Prem.

Massive result for us today, and as I've said elsewhere our result v QPR was better than theirs, plus Everton and Pool's. So despite a lot of moaning by some/many it's turned out to be a decent draw vRangers.

And given they're sit bottom of the league, QPR's celebrations over a home draw might look a bit silly come May.

There's no doubt in my mind that Chesney is better than Friedel, by a fair distance I'd say. He's not as good as Lloris, but it's close,. For me, he's one of the better keepers in the Prem.

Massive result for us today, and as I've said elsewhere our result v QPR was better than theirs, plus Everton and Pool's. So despite a lot of moaning by some/many it's turned out to be a decent draw vRangers.

And given they're sit bottom of the league, QPR's celebrations over a home draw might look a bit silly come May.

Don't agree at all. Szezcney would be in the top 10, but Friedel is far more consistent.

Don't agree at all. Szezcney would be in the top 10, but Friedel is far more consistent.

Friedel's consistently average at Prem level I'll give him that, but Chesney has more in his locker. I'd pick him over Brad all day long.

Here's a classic example on today's NewsNow of why Brad rarely keeps clean sheets these days.

http://windycoys.com/2012/12/analysis-of-the-goal-conceded-against-panathinaikos-612/?

Lloris definitely would have come for that cross and I think Chesney would have done too.

Last edited:
Friedel's consistently average at Prem level I'll give him that, but Chesney has more in his locker. I'd pick him over Brad all day long.

Here's a classic example on today's NewsNow of why Brad rarely keeps clean sheets these days.

http://windycoys.com/2012/12/analysis-of-the-goal-conceded-against-panathinaikos-612/?

Lloris definitely would have come for that cross and I think Chesney would have done too.

Everyone knows Friedel's big flaw is his tendancy to stay rooted to the line, but I rate his decision making higher than Szezsney.

Everyone knows Friedel's big flaw is his tendancy to stay rooted to the line, but I rate his decision making higher than Szezsney.

Everybody might know now about Friedel's big flaw , but it took a lot of lobbying by us Lloris fans before it seemed to register with a lot of Brad fans. Also the goal I, or rather Windy, highlights, precisely shows poor decision-making by Brad, being in the wrong starting position. Given he's over 40 I understand his more 'defensive strategy' but that doesn't make him better than Chesney.

Everybody might know now about Friedel's big flaw , but it took a lot of lobbying by us Lloris fans before it seemed to register with a lot of Brad fans. Also the goal I, or rather Windy, highlights, precisely shows poor decision-making by Brad, being in the wrong starting position. Given he's over 40 I understand his more 'defensive strategy' but that doesn't make him better than Chesney.

Yeah well I could cite goals where Szeznsey's starting position was awful and made it easy for the striker, the Michu goal the Emirates recently springs to mind.

I honestly can't think of too many mistakes Friedel made last season.

Back