• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I think their onetouch passing has regressed too, esp in getting more direct and pacy but less intelligent and less possession-cultured players like Walcott, Podolski, Gervinho, Giroud, AOX, Gibbs....Cazorla and Arteta are big exceptions but nevertheless these days they are packed with 'lethal' weapons more than lovely stylists. The loss of Song (well when on form) was actually a big one. Though we're in the same position IMO, just without even a Cazorla.

The flashy dribblers get more attention, but I really think a team must be built on a foundation of cultured schemers and orchestrators, with a few big guns. Best of all would be to possess both incredible one-on-one skills with incredible playmaking and vision..step forward, Julian Draxler :) Looks a technical class above everyone even in Schalke! Seriously if he were a goon we'd never stop hearing about him as the next Messi. :lol:

haha wouldn't surprise anyone. But in game where City will be without Toure. Diaby would be crucial. He'll BOSS that midfield like he does when he plays allowing the likes of Cazorla, Wheelchair to work there magic.

Yeah I've said before that I think Arsenal will turn Emirates Marketing Project over, I would take a draw from that game right now if it was offered.

I think their onetouch passing has regressed too, esp in getting more direct and pacy but less intelligent and less possession-cultured players like Walcott, Podolski, Gervinho, Giroud, AOX, Gibbs....Cazorla and Arteta are big exceptions but nevertheless these days they are packed with 'lethal' weapons more than lovely stylists. The loss of Song (well when on form) was actually a big one. Though we're in the same position IMO, just without even a Cazorla.

The flashy dribblers get more attention, but I really think a team must be built on a foundation of cultured schemers and orchestrators, with a few big guns. Best of all would be to possess both incredible one-on-one skills with incredible playmaking and vision..step forward, Julian Draxler :) Looks a technical class above everyone even in Schalke! Seriously if he were a goon we'd never stop hearing about him as the next Messi. :lol:

Podolski has been hit and miss, but he comes alive in the box. They don't have RVP, but their midfield is easily better than it was last season as they have Wheelchair back plus Cazorla.

I'd love Spurs to sign Draxler by the way.

Podolski has been hit and miss, but he comes alive in the box. They don't have RVP, but their midfield is easily better than it was last season as they have Wheelchair back plus Cazorla.

I'd love Spurs to sign Draxler by the way.

It's not really about how "alive" an individual player is or even how productive flair he is for me; you can't compose a team of Messis or Ronaldos for a crude example. I think they have lost some intelligence on average over the pitch even though Cazorla is such a clever player and Wheelchair ain't too shabby...it's just that if even just a few of the others cannot pass and move to the same level of precision and speed of thought, then the sort of 'walking the ball into the net' as a team becomes harder, since one of them is going to slow or break down the move or not make the clever run. I prefer a 'decentralized' model of football intelligence (high minimax, high average) over one reliant on one genius playmaker to pull all the strings, even though the former may require much slower building to pull off.

then they're macarons, which isn't hard to believe with them being gooners :lol:

the guy is so so good. they have definitely missed him.

then they're macarons, which isn't hard to believe with them being gooners :lol:

the guy is so so good. they have definitely missed him.

They both played football to county standard and one manages a county football side, yes they are both macarons footballing wise

Diaby is so so good?:ross:

Jesus Mumorn what are you talking about? he's average, has no position sense, doesn't physically dominate despite his size and is injury prone. Most Gooner fans think he's average personified but when you're seeing the white Jenas known as Ramsey get games then you sort of think every alternative to that is World class.

I remember when Ramsey was at Cardiff, Man Utd massively wanted him but he signed for the Goons and they saw it as a massive coup

I know he gets dogs abuse from the AFC fans, is he really that crap, maybe a move would freshen his career up ???

I remember when Ramsey was at Cardiff, Man Utd massively wanted him but he signed for the Goons and they saw it as a massive coup

I know he gets dogs abuse from the AFC fans, is he really that crap, maybe a move would freshen his career up ???

I didn't see him at Cardiff tbh but when seeing him for Gooners he's been tinkle poor.

yet you moan and call premier league footballers turned pundits clueless.

Lets be honest, when has Redknapp Jnr ever said anything of any note as a pundit, GNev has said more in 6 months than Redknapp, Smith, Quinn, Nicholas, Thompson ave ever said put together

and id take the opinon of my mates who watch him every week when fit over you somebody who plays FM all day every day

Lets be honest, when has Redknapp Jnr ever said anything of any note as a pundit, GNev has said more in 6 months than Redknapp, Smith, Quinn, Nicholas, Thompson ave ever said put together

and id take the opinon of my mates who watch him every week when fit over you somebody who plays FM all day every day

im not disagreeing but what makes your mate any more right than an ex-Premier League footballer? I imagine it's because he's your mate.

don't see what FM has to do with anything, because he's brick on that.

BARpTo7CIAAkLyw.jpg

Gooner fan sent me this...

Arsenal wages:

Arsenal Wages pt 1.jpgArsenal Wages pt 2.jpgArsenal Fringe Wages.jpg

Source: Sulia.com (apparently used by journalists such as Guillem Ballague..)

Interseting...

(Not sure how to make the images bigger..anybody who can let me know that would be great;))

Back