• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Yaya has been awful, Garcia has been poor. Barry has been awesome for us, and Milner has been very good in recent weeks. We'll play Barry and Garcia together in the middle, which is probably the slowest middle two in history. Scared at the prospect of Cazorla and Wheelchair attacking these. We'll miss Nasri more than Yaya; not having Yaya means we will hopefully play slightly quicker.

We've never won at the Emirates in the league. We actually haven't won away at Arsenal for what must be about 20 years now. Not expecting anything other than a defeat to Arsenal. Sorry/You're welcome.

Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy; Milner, Barry, Garcia, Silva; Tevez, Dzeko

Is that how you'll likely lineup?

Yaya has been awful, Garcia has been poor. Barry has been awesome for us, and Milner has been very good in recent weeks. We'll play Barry and Garcia together in the middle, which is probably the slowest middle two in history. Scared at the prospect of Cazorla and Wheelchair attacking these. We'll miss Nasri more than Yaya; not having Yaya means we will hopefully play slightly quicker.

We've never won at the Emirates in the league. We actually haven't won away at Arsenal for what must be about 20 years now. Not expecting anything other than a defeat to Arsenal. Sorry/You're welcome.

It's a season for change.

Us at United, you at The Effeminates.

Hopefully.

Why do you have such a poor record against them? Is it because you rolled over so many times for Arsenal when they were challenging United for the title?

Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy; Milner, Barry, Garcia, Silva; Tevez, Dzeko

Is that how you'll likely lineup?

I reckon Mancini will pull his favourite stunt, and play Balotelli instead of Dzeko. But the rest of the team is most probably certain.

Why do you have such a poor record against them? Is it because you rolled over so many times for Arsenal when they were challenging United for the title?

I think it's pretty much this. This fixture is always a write off for us, I will never look forward to it. On the pitch, they used to just take the tinkle out of us. Remember when Henry and Pires tried that penalty where one passes it to the other? That was against us, and it was absolutely humiliating that they would try that against us. You won't find any Emirates Marketing Project fan looking forward to this game.

What's the general feeling amongst your fans aobut Balotelli? Seems like there are still a fair few who defend him. I'd say his overall contribution has been more negative than positive.

Asked if his squad can cope, Wenger said: "Yes, if we have no injuries.

"Let's first keep the players we have and maybe add one or two. We lost [Marouane] Chamakh and [Johan] Djourou now, so there's some room."

"I am frustrated because I wouldn't want [a replay] but if that's the choice between going out or staying in the hat then I would rather take the replay at the Emirates, and they have a lot of games too," he said.

"Today we had four players at home, and I didn't bring on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Francis Coquelin or Tomas Rosicky.

"Abou Diaby is coming back and if we find one or two on the transfer market, then why not."

What's the general feeling amongst your fans aobut Balotelli? Seems like there are still a fair few who defend him. I'd say his overall contribution has been more negative than positive.

Patience was running out last season. But he had a fantastic Euros, so the majority of us thought he will finally come good. But this season he has been awful; nothing more than disruptive on and off the field. He's only scored twice this season. He's only ever assisted one goal throughout his time here (although it was Aguero's goal against QPR). He was trying to sue the club at one point, and then the thing in training last week. This must be something like the seventh time I've gone to my mates and said "Surely he's had his last chance". You can't grab your manager by the his manager, you just can't. I can't stand the guy, and in general, I believe most Emirates Marketing Project fans agree with me.

Patience was running out last season. But he had a fantastic Euros, so the majority of us thought he will finally come good. But this season he has been awful; nothing more than disruptive on and off the field. He's only scored twice this season. He's only ever assisted one goal throughout his time here (although it was Aguero's goal against QPR). He was trying to sue the club at one point, and then the thing in training last week. This must be something like the seventh time I've gone to my mates and said "Surely he's had his last chance". You can't grab your manager by the his manager, you just can't. I can't stand the guy, and in general, I believe most Emirates Marketing Project fans agree with me.

I think Mancini lost any hope of getting respect from his players with the way he dealt with Tevez.

I suspect the only choices for your club now are not to employ 'characters' like Balotelli or get a new manager who the players respect.

I think Mancini lost any hope of getting respect from his players with the way he dealt with Tevez.

I suspect the only choices for your club now are not to employ 'characters' like Balotelli or get a new manager who the players respect.

I'm afraid you're right. The way Tevez has been welcomed back has been shocking and disappointing. I was pleased with how we stood firm at first, then when he said sorry everyone acted like nothing happened.

Apparently the men upstairs are reluctant to sell Balotelli because he helps put our name out across the globe.

I know I am not supposed to, but I like Ballotelli. Funny situation at City at the moment-only lost twice in the EPL but miles behind United.
The manager was fishing for a new club in the summer-Toure off to the ANC..
hang on a minute-this is the Arsenal thread...please a draw..and Walcott to leave..

O/T Anyone see the Ramsey dive in the box today. Utterly shameful if it had been bale would have been a yellow. Not even a card would have been off to.

I really think Walcott will leave Arse this summer, and my bet is he'll re-unite with Van Persie at United. That is, if he continues to preform well until the end of the season and Utd will want him.

O/T Anyone see the Ramsey dive in the box today? Utterly shameful if it had been Bale would have been a yellow. Not even a card- would have been off too.

Their manager feels the best form of defence is attack. We have been having quiet words with refs and Gareth winds up with a ban.
On ITV now for those who missed it.

I really think Walcott will leave Arse this summer, and my bet is he'll re-unite with Van Persie at United. That is, if he continues to perform well until the end of the season and Utd will want him.

I just want him away from Arsenal ASAP. He is inconsistent but when he is hot, he is hot.

I can get behind everything other then that.

Villa played Heskey in CM against us in recent years.. HESKEY ffs!..

Well put.

I think Mancini is essentially done unless he wins the league again this season, I think he could have been gone already, but that they are just waiting for one of their preferred manager targets to become available.

Well put.

I think Mancini is essentially done unless he wins the league again this season, I think he could have been gone already, but that they are just waiting for one of their preferred manager targets to become available.

I don't agree. I think they hope he stays. He won the FA Cup and last year the EPL. Changing winning managers is not generally a good policy.

I think it's pretty obvious that City are rolling out the carpet for Guardiola this summer (considering their ex-Barca backroom), or possibly Mourinho since he fits them so well and will add to their publicity even further. I can't see Utd going for Mourinho's tendency to change clubs after 3 years, while Roman isn't about to apologize and take him back, and PSG's league is too low-key for Mourinho. Mancini is simply not glamorous enough a name for City.

Think Arsenal are going to win this one, though I'm hoping City will hold out for the draw. But it's not important what happens there as long as we win ourselves and keep looking up. :)

Back