• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

As I said before yesterday Arsenal are favourites to finish above us and rightly so. They're even stronger favourites now. Wheelchair also showed yesterday just why I think he's such a good player for them and could be their next Adams, at just 20 he gets stuck in and drives that team on, a born leader.

It is strange that generally the Arsenal defence is lambasted for being frail etc. Yet they have conceded less than many team (including us) and have a lot of clean sheets (7?)

I suspect only Stoke and/or Emirates Marketing Project have more. Oh and they've only lost 4, which at this stage, it top 3/4 form. Sigh...

Arsenal do get ridiculous amounts of good luck and dodgy decisions, but in the end there's nothing mystical about the fact they get Cl football season in, season out, they have a good squad and a good manager. They're not the force they were, and I hope they continue potless for years to come, but us finishing above them is a massive ask.

I truly think we have a better more balanced side. Last season Van persie's goals carried them over the line somewhat fortunately. This season they lack any defensive steel especially in the middle of the park,and have no truly world class players for the 1st time in years. Thing is since Wenger has gone there they seem to have an indian sign/some voodoo brick over us. Soo many times you think we are going to finish above them but lady luck kicks us in the ghoulies. This means logic goes out of the window and I cannot write them off. Take away luck/bad luck I see no reason why they should finish above us.

Just got back from the pub, some taco in there was talking about how great they are to win 7-3 had to tell him they were only 4-3 up with 10 minutes to go when Saudi Sportswashing Machine tired after playing boxing day.

Bet the media go crazy about it stupid ****s in this country and they all support arsenal.

I'm happy for them to be winning by these score lines against average teams. Makes me confident they'll still leak goals against good teams but those good teams won't let them get 7 of their own.

I'm happy for them to be winning by these score lines against average teams. Makes me confident they'll still leak goals against good teams but those good teams won't let them get 7 of their own.

I have a worry that 4th will come down to goals difference this is in arsneal favour.

Agree with this. It may be bias but I really feel they are very ordinary. For f**ks sake they lost to Bradford and were passed off the field by Swansea. They will drop a lot of points especially as they lack strength in the middle of the park . Last season they fluked it thanks to Van Persie. Love seeing everybody bigging up Walcott. He was afforded soo much time and space today he will not get that against the bigger teams and they will struggle to get goals- I hope.

Arsenal have now scored 39 goals. You'd think they are pretty free scoring, but looking closer it shows they scored
6 v Southampton
5 v us
5 v reading
7 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine
23 goals of the 39 from just 4 games. They do tend to go on a goal glut when things go well for them but let's hope they struggle in front of goal in other more difficult games.

Arsenal have now scored 39 goals. You'd think they are pretty free scoring, but looking closer it shows they scored
6 v Southampton
5 v us
5 v reading
7 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine
23 goals of the 39 from just 4 games. They do tend to go on a goal glut when things go well for them but let's hope they struggle in front of goal in other more difficult games.

So 16 goals scored in the other 19 games.

So 16 goals scored in the other 19 games.

Actually it's 16 from 15 games, but they hit 3 v west ham, so that's 13 from 14, lol. Ahh maybe that sounds desperate now, 1-0's are good enough, I'm just hoping they will go through a bad spell or two again. They can look impressive at times when spanking a few clubs but it often papers over cracks.

I wish we'd have had our whole XI on the pitch and mainly Dembele. Would loved to have known how we would have done. Arguably they may have still dingdonged us as they did last season, but I would hope we'd have done a lot better

Oh this old chest nut is going round twitter :lmao

Theo Walcott vs Gareth Bale last 3 seasons: 104 vs 103 games, 38 vs 33 goals, 28 vs 18 assists.

Back