• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

So player a isnt better than player b because hes getting loaned out to get game time at a Premier League club?

I'm just saying we don't exactly have a great deal of competition for left back, but Rose still gets sent out on loan. He didn't even stand out when he was on loan at Bristol City.

Danny is at a big disadvantage in that he's playing for Sunderland and most fans as illustrated by many on here only care about the top 6 and just dismiss anyone else. He's had a real bad stroke of luck in that if Benny had gotten his injury just a week earlier then he could have ended up being the starting left back for a club competing towards the top of the table rather than the bottom, he's also unfortunate in that he's competing with another very good player in his position. Gibbs on the otherhand is rated higher because he plays for Arsenal, who cares what he plays like and whether he can manage two games in a row, he plays for the Arsenal. It's not like he has anyone to compete with either, well, Andre Santos but he's hardly competition.

I'm just saying we don't exactly have a great deal of competition for left back, but Rose still gets sent out on loan. He didn't even stand out when he was on loan at Bristol City.

Andros Townsend, Jake Livermore, Iago Falque, Tom Carroll are 4 players who haven't stood out on loans and not looked the best. From what I hear Ashley Cole didnt look good on his loan at Palace neither when he was younger.

If Gibbs was at Spurs, he'd probably of been sent out on loan too because he is no where near Ekotto's level.

Could we not recall him early then?

Even so, Benny has no competition for his job apart from Verts who isn't even a left back.

No, we can only recall him in January, by which time BAE will be fit again.

Because he was played as a left winger, he's not a good left winger. You play Ekotto there and he'd not do too well either. He's standing out at Sunderland though, at Premier League level, which means more to me than not doing well out of position at a Championship side.

Danny is at a big disadvantage in that he's playing for Sunderland and most fans as illustrated by many on here only care about the top 6 and just dismiss anyone else. He's had a real bad stroke of luck in that if Benny had gotten his injury just a week earlier then he could have ended up being the starting left back for a club competing towards the top of the table rather than the bottom, he's also unfortunate in that he's competing with another very good player in his position. Gibbs on the otherhand is rated higher because he plays for Arsenal, who cares what he plays like and whether he can manage two games in a row, he plays for the Arsenal. It's not like he has anyone to compete with either, well, Andre Santos but he's hardly competition.

He's played 12 games in the league for them this season so it's not like he's hardly got a look in. He's injury prone too.

Andros Townsend, Jake Livermore, Iago Falque, Tom Carroll are 4 players who haven't stood out on loans and not looked the best. From what I hear Ashley Cole didnt look good on his loan at Palace neither when he was younger.

If Gibbs was at Spurs, he'd probably of been sent out on loan too because he is no where near Ekotto's level.

Agree he's not close to Ektto.

I imagine that is why we sent Rose out on loan. Ekotto has been a consistently solid performer for us the past 3 or so years and I doubt we expected him to get injured (still pretty lazy to think that though) so we sent Rose out on loan (who wants first team football) to get more Premier League experience which he is getting (and from what I hear been one of Sunderlands best players this season) and we thought because of Verts experience at LB that if Ekotto ever DID get injured he'd just step in.

I believe we can't recall Rose due to it being a Prem loan or something along those lines? Otherwise I am pretty sure we would have done.

I imagine that is why we sent Rose out on loan. Ekotto has been a consistently solid performer for us the past 3 or so years and I doubt we expected him to get injured (still pretty lazy to think that though) so we sent Rose out on loan (who wants first team football) to get more Premier League experience which he is getting (and from what I hear been one of Sunderlands best players this season) and we thought because of Verts experience at LB that if Ekotto ever DID get injured he'd just step in.

I believe we can't recall Rose due to it being a Prem loan or something along those lines? Otherwise I am pretty sure we would have done.

Personally, I can't ever see Rose playing consistently for a top 6-8 team in the premier league.

He's played 12 games in the league for them this season so it's not like he's hardly got a look in. He's injury prone too.

What's your point? You can tell me that you've watched loads of Arsenal games and that he's been fantastic but I won't believe you, because I know it's not true.

Danny needs a break, by that I mean something going in his favour for once. GHod forbid that Benny has an injury relapse but if it meant Danny being recalled in January then that's the chance he needs, I'd miss Benny but I know that Danny would come in, play very well(again, if given the chance) and Spurs fans would be eating their own words by the end of the season. At this moment in time it looks as though Benny will be back soon and Rose will carry on playing well at Sunderland, then come the summer we'll almost be back at square one again.

Naughton had a generally acceptable performance on Sunday but personally I found it pretty agonising at just how limited we were down the left, we'd have been so much better if Rose was there.

Last edited:
What's your point? You can tell me that you've watched loads of Arsenal games and that he's been fantastic but I won't believe you, because I know it's not true.

Danny needs a break, by that I mean something going in his favour for once. GHod forbid that Benny has an injury relapse but if it meant Danny being recalled in January then that's the chance he needs, I'd miss Benny but I know that Danny would come in, play very well(again, if given the chance) and Spurs fans would be eating their own words by the end of the season. At this moment in time it looks as though Benny will be back soon and Rose will carry on playing well at Sunderland, then come the summer we'll almost be back at square one again.

Naughton had a generally acceptable performance on Sunday but personally I found it pretty agonising at just how limited we were down the left, we'd have been so much better if Rose was there.

I never said he was brilliant, I just think he is better than Rose. As I said to Mumorn, I don't see Rose making it for a team in the top 6-8 in the prem.

You said he can't get a game for Arsenal, but he's started more than half their league games.

I'm in the Wheelchair over rated camp. I'll lay my bias on the table, but I don't think he's worthy of the hype.

The way people go on about him, he should have the same impact as Gazza in Italia 90 where he took a laborious England team to a spot kick away from a WC final. Could Wheelchair do that?

I'm in the Wheelchair over rated camp. I'll lay my bias on the table, but I don't think he's worthy of the hype.

The way people go on about him, he should have the same impact as Gazza in Italia 90 where he took a laborious England team to a spot kick away from a WC final. Could Wheelchair do that?

Wheelchair would be too busy passing sideways.

Wheelchair is a good player but his stats (58 Premier League appearances, 2 goals, 4 assists) suggests that he's nowhere near the footballing Messiah that he's made out to be.

Agree about Wheelchair and about Gazza but that England team had a front four of Waddle, Beardsley, Lineker and Barnes. To say they were laborious is a little futile. All of those players would walk into any England team in the last ten years.

Wheelchair is a good player but his stats (58 Premier League appearances, 2 goals, 4 assists) suggests that he's nowhere near the footballing Messiah that he's made out to be.

in fairness would Modrics stats have been much different ?

like with Luka i don't think goals and assists are quite his area of play

Back