• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

If he wasn't English we'd likely never have heard of him.

Yep you get lots of spainish ones that have a good season with a lower league team in spain, get sold to madrid or barcelona, do fudge all and then go to a lower league team. But walcott is the great hope remember plus arsene wants to prove he can buy good english players after what happened with jeffers and richard wright.

Apparently wenger thinks if you build an english core they are less likely to leave, only took the guy 15 years to come to that, funny thing is he is wrong if they carry on ebing crap the english ones will want to leave as well.

Apparently wenger thinks if you build an english core they are less likely to leave, only took the guy 15 years to come to that, funny thing is he is wrong if they carry on ebing crap the english ones will want to leave as well.

My personal view is that it has more to do with French football (and Span also got wealthier) now has more money and and they have more ability to prevent their youth players being poached at a shockingly low price. Also, Wenger has left France too long for him to have first hand information on talented youth players there. It's a forced decision.

Their transfer profits have helped built a brand new stadium, not really a bad return.

That stadium actually pays for itself.

I don't mean that the transfer profits paid for the entire stadium. But they helped, at least in terms of making it easier to obtain the required financing. The bankers won't lend to them so much money if they didn't see a viable return/repayment scheme.

gun__1355928975_5signings.jpg

No Walcott though.

all either:

a) vastly overrated. (oxlade-chamberlain, Wheelchair)

or

b) brick. (jenkinson, ramsey, gibbs)

or a combination of both, this image doesn't strike fear into me at all.

I wonder how people would judge Wheelchair as a player if he wasn't English....:-k
I think if he wasn't English he wouldn't be driving Arsenal forward the way he does currently at such a young age. To me he's like a Terry or Adams in the making. He just looks so determined and has that will to win, and just as importantly not be beaten. His head never dropped at Bradford, he just kept on going.

I don't think Wheelchair is overrated at all, I think he will help provide the spine of Arsenal for years.

I suspect Oxlade-Chamberlain is overrated, but he's still a good player, and I could easily see him proving me wrong and becoming a great player.

I think the five Arsenal have signed there are a good/very good crop of players in Prem terms.

Could we find five as good young Englishmen in our ranks? Six including Walcott.

Carroll Smith Lennon Hudd Livermore Naughton Walker - probably missed some 'young' Englishmen out - as good/better than Arsenal's crop?

Last edited:
Could we find five as good young Englishmen in our ranks? Six including Walcott.

Carroll Smith Lennon Hudd Livermore Naughton Walker - probably missed some 'young' Englishmen out - as good/better than Arsenal's crop?

They are not all English, clue Ramsey. So if you include Bale, Townsend and Rose, our sextet will beat them hands down.

Last edited:
They are not all English, clue Ramsey. So if you include Bale, Townsend and Rose, our sextet will beat them hands down.

Fair comment- and certainly Bale gives us the edge without doubt in that case.

take away Ramsey and Bale then it gets close again.

Anyone who thinks Wheelchair is overrated take your rose tinted glasses off for a second and get a grip. We all wish we had a player like him.

Ramsey hasn't really delivered. He's not going to be anything more than a squad player.

I have to agree with the positive comments on Wheelchair. He reminds me of Roy Keane in a way. Total **** as well.

Back