• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious Tottenham Hotspur against chelscum

Alli picked up a pass from defence, half way inside our half, turf in front of him, tool 5 minutes to control it and then passed it sideways to Hojberg who drove forward.

2 minutes earlier he lost it in the same position trying to turn Kante with a easy pass option back home.

I love a player who plays off instinct as much as anyone, but his lack of ability to develop his game intelligence and decision making will end his career.

Tanguy and Lo Celso missing but they have done nothing consistently to say they are going to change our midfield fortunes. Need a new Cm /CAM

We havent seen the best of Tubby and GLC in my view. But agreed, we need a body or two more there

I am not surprised by the scoreline. We are some distance behind Chelsea in quality and familiarity with tactics.

However Doherty and Reguilon have looked poor. Skipp, Hojberg and Dele in CM? Is Dele meant to be the fulcrum for attacks or is it the wingers (Bergwijn and Moira)?

Good questions being asked by Chelsea. For me the answer to RB is not Doherty. Hopefully Lo Celso gets fit so that Dele drops to the bench. Then we need a strong forward. Son is filling for now.

Aurier and Davies on the bench.

...and Sissoko.

All suboptimal players, and all possibly more effective than those we've slected. We really need to sell some more of the average squad players and upgrade them.

Alli picked up a pass from defence, half way inside our half, turf in front of him, tool 5 minutes to control it and then passed it sideways to Hojberg who drove forward.

2 minutes earlier he lost it in the same position trying to turn Kante with a easy pass option back home.

I love a player who plays off instinct as much as anyone, but his lack of ability to develop his game intelligence and decision making will end his career.

He’s playing in the wrong position. Your post pretty much explains that.

This season at least. A creative midfielder is hardly going to thrive under that vile idiot who used to manage us
I don’t disagree on that. Just have my doubts.

We are a mid table as it stands. Need a back up striker , RB and another CB.

I don’t disagree on that. Just have my doubts.

We are a mid table as it stands. Need a back up striker , RB and another CB.

I think we'll get all those...but any point which we get before the September international break are a bonus

We have so much work to do to get where we want to be. We lack depth of quality all over the pitch. We've actually lost good squad players from last year (Vini, Bale scored a lot of goals), Lamela always worked his nuts off, Toby was our best centre half. So much deadwood still to be replaced. What happens if Son gets an injury any time soon? Moura up front and clarke on the wing?!

I am generally a pretty positive supporter but I look at how teams like Villa are strengthening and I think this is going to be a really tough season

Dele has been very poor. Can we go bid for Ruben Neves?

Very good player, but I'm not sure we need another holding midfielder

the sort of CM which we could do with is one who can drive forward from midfield...dare I say it, but like Ramsey who we've been linked with

We have so much work to do to get where we want to be. We lack depth of quality all over the pitch. We've actually lost good squad players from last year (Vini, Bale scored a lot of goals), Lamela always worked his nuts off, Toby was our best centre half. So much deadwood still to be replaced. What happens if Son gets an injury any time soon? Moura up front and clarke on the wing?!

I am generally a pretty positive supporter but I look at how teams like Villa are strengthening and I think this is going to be a really tough season

The reality is, other teams won't want our crap. Easier to sell our decent crap :D

The biggest fallout from Poch is he elevated players. Without him they were always going to look a little more average.

Back