• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

That's what I dislike about him the most - it's impossible to hate him!

I want the Aussie captain to be an angry little clown shoe who really makes you want to hit him.

Agree. They are all too nice, they don't seem to have the arrogance to win like the Aussie teams of old. Fair play to Clarke for being honest but after watching highlights of the 5th test from 2009 last night, you can see the difference between a losing Ponting and a losing Clarke.

and the curse continues, gggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Crook and White have won it for Northants, 70 odd partnership off 30 balls with some big 6s

My head really hurts today. What a day that was.. drive home was horrendous too, head was made of marshmellow.

Loved looking at all the fancy dress from where we were sitting. Ones that stood out, traffic cones, storm troopers from the top of my head.

The Gary Wilson stuff was hilarious. Don't know how it came across on TV but it was great banter.

The run out by Willey was great from the boundary too. What a throw. Loads of people tinkled up, and all the childish Willey jokes were coming out.. you could see all the kids around us being amused as the parents faces were aghast.

Lamb burgers were great.

One of the best bits was during the rain interval with the music playing watching all the tinkled up dressed up people dancing to things like Sweet Caroline and YMCA lol

11hrs drinking and I would say it was 2hrs too long as it dragged on a tad.

Worst thing of the day was not being able to understand anything the two presenters on the pitch were saying.

should have made the mascot derby more carnage. more inflatable its a knock out swinging ropes and inflatable big slides, what was there 4 obstacles.

On the whole a great value day.. shame it might be the last finals day though.

View from the skyline, but should I do it again I'll definitely buy in the Hollies stand.

24zyy2o.jpg

Last edited:
So fifth and final test. 4-0 would be a great result considering England haven't even got into fourth let alone fifth gear.

A win for the Aussies could have an impact in the forthcoming series in Australia in terms of lifting their shattered confidence.

Come on England, turn the screw!

Whats the weather forecast like for London this week?

So fifth and final test. 4-0 would be a great result considering England haven't even got into fourth let alone fifth gear.

A win for the Aussies could have an impact in the forthcoming series in Australia in terms of lifting their shattered confidence.

Come on England, turn the screw!

Whats the weather forecast like for London this week?

Very good for all 5 days

Im going to the 1st day tomorrow with my dad and my pal im going to Oz with, got my pengin fancy dress outfit ready, im expecting that will go on after lunch when Ive had about 5 pints haha

My 1st ever day at an Ashes test, really looking fwd to it

Womens Ashes, WTF is this all about...

1 test, 3 ODI's, 3 20/20s you get 2 points for winning each, 1 for a NR or tie..

You need 7 points to win the Ashes

Thats absolutely ridiculous

Womens Ashes, WTF is this all about...

1 test, 3 ODI's, 3 20/20s you get 2 points for winning each, 1 for a NR or tie..

You need 7 points to win the Ashes

Thats absolutely ridiculous

Makes sense if you can't sell tickets. I don't imagine a 5 day women's test to be a sell out so why not mix it up a bit?

Also gives you a better idea of who is the best overall side. England are clearly by far the better test side but we don't really know if they're a better ODI or 20/20 side.

Pathetic comments from Lehmann...

Make English nemesis Stuart Broad cry in Ashes summer, Darren Lehmann tells Aussie fans

DARREN Lehmann has asked angry Aussie cricket fans to send "cheating" English nemesis Stuart Broad home from this Ashes summer in tears.

The Australian coach lit the fuse for tonight's final Ashes Test at The Oval by revealing his team had not forgiven Broad for failing to walk off a blatant edge to first slip in the series opener at Trent Bridge.

Broad yesterday admitted the obvious: that he'd nicked the ball during a match-turning innings.

Lehmann told Triple M the English all-rounder deserved a summer of jeers from angry Aussie crowds in the return Ashes series.

"Certainly our players haven't forgotten, they're calling him everything under the sun as they go past," Lehmann said.

"I hope the Australian public are the same because that was just blatant cheating. I don't advocate walking but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard.

"From my point of view I just hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole summer and I hope he cries and he goes home.

"I just hope everyone gets stuck into him because the way he's carried on and the way he's commented in public about it is ridiculous.

"He hit it to first slip ... and the biggest problem there is the poor umpire cops all the **** that he gets in paper and Stuart Broad makes them look like fools.

"From my point of view it's poor, so I hope the public actually get stuck into him."

The first home Ashes Test starts on November 21 at the Gabba. Australia will try to avoid a 4-0 Ashes loss, its worst England tour for 133 years, when play starts in London tonight.

Oh dear...

Off to meet my dad to catch the train to London in about 45 mins, im genuinely really excited about today...

Lots of runs, beer, banter and the barmy army in full voice...

Look for a penguin !!!!

Pathetic comments from Lehmann...

Make English nemesis Stuart Broad cry in Ashes summer, Darren Lehmann tells Aussie fans

DARREN Lehmann has asked angry Aussie cricket fans to send "cheating" English nemesis Stuart Broad home from this Ashes summer in tears.

The Australian coach lit the fuse for tonight's final Ashes Test at The Oval by revealing his team had not forgiven Broad for failing to walk off a blatant edge to first slip in the series opener at Trent Bridge.

Broad yesterday admitted the obvious: that he'd nicked the ball during a match-turning innings.

Lehmann told Triple M the English all-rounder deserved a summer of jeers from angry Aussie crowds in the return Ashes series.

"Certainly our players haven't forgotten, they're calling him everything under the sun as they go past," Lehmann said.

"I hope the Australian public are the same because that was just blatant cheating. I don't advocate walking but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard.

"From my point of view I just hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole summer and I hope he cries and he goes home.

"I just hope everyone gets stuck into him because the way he's carried on and the way he's commented in public about it is ridiculous.

"He hit it to first slip ... and the biggest problem there is the poor umpire cops all the **** that he gets in paper and Stuart Broad makes them look like fools.

"From my point of view it's poor, so I hope the public actually get stuck into him."

The first home Ashes Test starts on November 21 at the Gabba. Australia will try to avoid a 4-0 Ashes loss, its worst England tour for 133 years, when play starts in London tonight.

Whatever the Aussies dish out to Broad will seem insignificant compared to the abuse the Barmy Army will be dishing out to the entire Australian team. Aussies fans have no songs except "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi" whereas the Barmy Army have dozens.

Whatever the Aussies dish out to Broad will seem insignificant compared to the abuse the Barmy Army will be dishing out to the entire Australian team. Aussies fans have no songs except "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi" whereas the Barmy Army have dozens.

Exactly and most afternoon's all the aussies have gone home too !!!

Huge amounts of support in all 5 tests will help England massively

Just when I was starting to like Lehmann and actually feel a little bit sorry for the Aussies. I hope we dingdong them now and then move on to Australia and pull their pants down again in their back yard.

cheating eh, so exactly what rule did Broad break fat boy?

I hope we destroy them down there now, what a ****ish thing to do

Back