• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Yet another wrong decision benefits the Indians, Root with a massive inside edge is given out LBW as no DRS review

Another 100 for Ballance, thats 2 in 2 at Lords, good lad looks a very good number 3 for England, him and Ali have dragged us back into this game

Another 100 for Ballance, thats 2 in 2 at Lords, good lad looks a very good number 3 for England, him and Ali have dragged us back into this game

How many more failures can Cook survive? On the other hand, who would take the reins? Broad or Prior I suppose but I'm not convinced either of them is a Test captain.

How many more failures can Cook survive? On the other hand, who would take the reins? Broad or Prior I suppose but I'm not convinced either of them is a Test captain.

There really isnt too many options, Broad maybe, Bell and Root are the only 3 for me

Do any of our cricketers have even half a brain, 3 pathetic shots, 3 wickets, from a good chance to the brink of defeat in 3 overs

Do any of our cricketers have even half a brain, 3 pathetic shots, 3 wickets, from a good chance to the brink of defeat in 3 overs
I was there today. Very frustrating, we had done really well in the first session and then undid it all.

They look to me like players who want their captain gone.

I was there today. Very frustrating, we had done really well in the first session and then undid it all.

They look to me like players who want their captain gone.

As I posted the other day, who would take over ??? Bell, Root maybe, were lacking...

I had a very boozy day yesterday in our box, its next to the PCA box and all the WAG's were there, wowzers Broad's new bird is ridiculously hot

Stuart-Broad-L-and-Bealey-Mitchell-attend-Derby-Day.jpg

Also had a little chat with Stephen Fry who was in the box too and Swanny was about as well

As I posted the other day, who would take over ??? Bell, Root maybe, were lacking...

I had a very boozy day yesterday in our box, its next to the PCA box and all the WAG's were there, wowzers Broad's new bird is ridiculously hot

Stuart-Broad-L-and-Bealey-Mitchell-attend-Derby-Day.jpg

Also had a little chat with Stephen Fry who was in the box too and Swanny was about as well
I think that you probably went on the best day.

I don't think that it matters who takes over at the moment. Cook just needs to be taken out of the firing line.

I feel for Cook, he is a decent bloke who gives his all, has been fantastic for England but as you say he needs a break

I feel for Cook, he is a decent bloke who gives his all, has been fantastic for England but as you say he needs a break

I think that the cricket team has the same problem with captains as the football team. We pick the most marketable player. Cook was out best batsman but he has been a poor captain and we need to draw a line under it before his batting is affected permanently.

I think that the cricket team has the same problem with captains as the football team. We pick the most marketable player. Cook was out best batsman but he has been a poor captain and we need to draw a line under it before his batting is affected permanently.

Please don't repeat the mistake with Root.

Well thats the end of Prior it seems, tbh he has been pretty awful for the past 18 months, Read or Buttler, I hope its Josh

I'd like to see Buttler given a go, I'm sure he can be just as effective in the longer game, I'd also like to see some momentum at the top of the batting too many similar types in the top four. Like to see Hales given a chance along with Patel from Middlesex. We are going to struggle as morale looks poor.

I don't know much about Cricket other than watching England but how much difference is there from those playing for England and the county players? I mean, they play on the same pitches and play against bowlers from other counties (There are overseas players in country cricket right?) Is it not a simple case of those who play well in County cricket should get a chance for England? or are there a million other factors that determine how successful you may or may not be for your country?
If you took the most in-form players from county cricket and they played against the England side in a test would there be a huge gulf in class/experience etc. Or is it not really about who has the most ability but just a case of at international level you have to try to keep a group of players together and play consistently to gel them into a decent team?

The only problem is who replaces him? Broad is too hot headed, Prior isn't playing well enough, Root is too inexperienced. I can't stand Michael Clarke but he is a brilliant captain who makes gutsy, offensive minded calls whereas Cook is far too negative/cautious.

The only problem is who replaces him? Broad is too hot headed, Prior isn't playing well enough, Root is too inexperienced. I can't stand Michael Clarke but he is a brilliant captain who makes gutsy, offensive minded calls whereas Cook is far too negative/cautious.
I don't think that it matters. Cook is not a good captain and his batting is not good enough at the moment to warrant selection. I think that he needs to be taken out of the firing line before we do permanent damage to him as a player.

Back