• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know football is heading toward a non contact sport, but it's not there yet Jack. Drives me nuts when players like Wheelchair fall over at the slightest contact and grab the ball forcing the ref to blow which is 99% of the time in their favour.

Cracking equaliser from Ecuador, wow what a hit.

I have been quite impressed with them on the attack, Freddy Montero (who was subbed off) looks a good talent

Milner is such a donkey, he's been awful tonight.

Hodgson has him playing right back. I imagine to sort of explore all avenues incase Johnson gets injured. Personally, I'd just play Jones or Smalling there, because they're actually defenders. And in all honesty, both are probably better than they are at centre half.

Awful awful tackle, especially to make in a friendly a week before the start of a World Cup. Valencia had every right to be angry.

Nothing lol. Slightly late tackle but clearly won the ball and was then pushed in the neck by Valencia and both got sent off lol.

Valencia was going down the line, Sterling leapt in and his right knee connected with Valencia's shin.

Valencia's leg bent on the replay and he's a solid fella.

Valencia leapt up, pushed Sterling in the back and when he turned round he grabbed Sterling round the throat.

Both rightly sent off, stupid challenge in a crap friendly, could have cracked Valencia's shin.

Hodgson has him playing right back. I imagine to sort of explore all avenues incase Johnson gets injured. Personally, I'd just play Jones or Smalling there, because they're actually defenders. And in all honesty, both are probably better than they are at centre half.

Both are probably better than Milner in his own position (whatever that is).

So we just reminded ourselves that:

Milner, Wheelchair, Smalling, Jones, Foster, Welbeck are a bit sh.it

Oxlade, Lambert, Barkley are good.

Shaw still has a lot to learn (challenge the man).

Referees are likely to send off an England player and ruin the nation's dreams once more.

johnson - cahill - jagielka - baines is a solid defence in my view. could possibly upgrade at right back but it's solid elsewhere. do look decent going forward, shame that its pretty much second string England midfield with no Gerrard etc. in there. I think Barkley should be in the starting eleven, still inexperienced as to when to release, but he carries the ball so confidently and england lacks that in my view. also been impressed by chamberlain, I think he'd suit central midfield too.

in fact, i'd like quite like:

sturridge
rooney - chamberlain - sterling
barkley - gerrard​

Swap Barkley and the ox around I reckon that could be ok, certainly when we've got the ball anyway, they'd have to work hard defensively.

Swap Barkley and the ox around I reckon that could be ok, certainly when we've got the ball anyway, they'd have to work hard defensively.

they'd all be interchanging apart from Gerrard really. I'd say all were capable playing left/right/centre throughout the match. free flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back