• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the best crosses I've ever seen. Hit on the spin, without much space, plenty of pace, plenty of spin. Dipped to head height right over the penalty spot. Just about perfect.

so, what does everyone think of englands line up?

I'm hoping someone gives Wheelchair a career-ending kick.

Quite like to see Ecuador rack up a cricket score too - might get to not hear about England for a few days then.

I'm hoping someone gives Wheelchair a career-ending kick.

Quite like to see Ecuador rack up a cricket score too - might get to not hear about England for a few days then.

12 minutes in, dont think he's even touched the ball. Adds NOTHING. I think I'd rather Oxlade-Chamberlain playing central midfield and Sterling on the wing.

We don't look too bad going forward, it's the shambles in defense that'll cost us dearly in the WC.

Lol at that goal, good cross though. What i've *learnt* from this friendly...

Smalling is utter **** in the air and on the ball (no surprise there) and even Dawson would make more sense as 4th choice.
Wheelchair is worse than Jenas, can pass backwards, any pass forwards loses possession.

Oxlade-C is actually quite good and seems to perform well for England.

johnson - cahill - jagielka - baines is a solid defence in my view. could possibly upgrade at right back but it's solid elsewhere. do look decent going forward, shame that its pretty much second string England midfield with no Gerrard etc. in there. I think Barkley should be in the starting eleven, still inexperienced as to when to release, but he carries the ball so confidently and england lacks that in my view. also been impressed by chamberlain, I think he'd suit central midfield too.

in fact, i'd like quite like:

sturridge
rooney - chamberlain - sterling
barkley - gerrard​

johnson - cahill - jagielka - baines is a solid defence in my view. could possibly upgrade at right back but it's solid elsewhere. do look decent going forward, shame that its pretty much second string England midfield with no Gerrard etc. in there. I think Barkley should be in the starting eleven, still inexperienced as to when to release, but he carries the ball so confidently and england lacks that in my view. also been impressed by chamberlain, I think he'd suit central midfield too.

in fact, i'd like quite like:

sturridge
rooney - chamberlain - sterling
barkley - gerrard​

thats really ballsy, I like it a lot, Woy wont play that though not a chance in hell

this is the time to do it, nobody expects us to do anything, there is the least amount of pressure on the players that there has been for years so go for it

thats really ballsy, I like it a lot, Woy wont play that though not a chance in hell

this is the time to do it, nobody expects us to do anything, there is the least amount of pressure on the players that there has been for years so go for it

agreed. that line up has it all though I feel. it has superb work rate, natural ability, power, pace and potential. Like you say though, I don't think roy will play it. Wenger hardly plays Chamberlain central so I doubt Roy will for England, I can't see him starting Barkley neither, even if he went on and scored a hattrick tonight. sturridge, rooney and gerrard are the only guaranteed starters out of that 6.

agreed. that line up has it all though I feel. it has superb work rate, natural ability, power, pace and potential. Like you say though, I don't think roy will play it. Wenger hardly plays Chamberlain central so I doubt Roy will for England, I can't see him starting Barkley neither, even if he went on and scored a hattrick tonight. sturridge, rooney and gerrard are the only guaranteed starters out of that 6.

Things change quickly in tournaments. If England qualify from the group, our team in the first knock out game could look very different from the one that starts a week on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back