• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't that bad Mumorn mate yellow at worst IMO.

I thought it was pretty damn reckless. Could easily have broken his leg. I think in the context, it was probably right to send him off. Bad tackle aside, things looked like heating up, it's only a friendly, it doesnt matter anyway.

I thought it was a really poor tackle, he clearly lost his head there, Valencia was right to be ****ed but he went ott grabbing his neck.

Just watching a tv report on the infastructure for the WC, its utterly amazing how much of it hasnt been finished, total sham really

First time I've been downcast about an injury to a Scum player. He will be a big loss if he doesn't recover.

This the Ox? He doesn't seem like a scum player yet, seems like a decent lad. I guess all in good time that club will turn him into a ****er.

Ox out for up to 3 weeks.

Damn shame as I felt he was one player that could make that starting eleven and actually deliver something on the pitch. Still if we make it out of the group stages he could yet play a part. [-o<

Ox out for up to 3 weeks.

Damn shame as I felt he was one player that could make that starting eleven and actually deliver something on the pitch. Still if we make it out of the group stages he could yet play a part. [-o<

Surely he has to be replaced. It's a great shame as he was the player who stood out yesterday. He isn't integral enough to the England team to keep him in. He had a chance to make the starting XI but he won't get it now and he won't be anywhere near match-fit.

Edit: Guardian saying he will only be out two weeks:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is optimistic he will be able to accompany England to the World Cup finals after scans on the Arsenal midfielder’s right knee suggested he has not torn the ligaments and will ruled out for only two weeks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/05/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-england-world-cup

Last edited:
Average Squad Ages for all 32 Finalists

Country Years - Days
Argentina 28 - 336
Honduras 28 - 208
Uruguay 28 - 200
Portugal 28 - 193
Iran 28 - 179
Greece 28 - 179
Brazil 28 - 131
Spain 28 - 91
Chile 27 - 363
Russia 27 - 357
Italy 27 - 329
Colombia 27 - 318
Côte d'Ivoire 27 - 303
United States of America 27 - 296
Ecuador 27 - 285
Costa Rica 27 - 221
Mexico 27 - 94
Japan 27 - 84
Croatia 27 - 66
France 27 - 32
Bosnia and Herzegovina 27 - 20
Cameroon 26 - 226
Algeria 26 - 222
England 26 - 207
Netherlands 26 - 170
Australia 26 - 132
Germany 26 - 114
South Korea 26 - 71
Switzerland 26 - 24
Nigeria 25 - 297
Ghana 25 - 244
Belgium 25 - 241

FIFA World Cup Finals 2014 Player Details with Club & National League Affiliations

How do people want this place to work during the World Cup? Personally, I'd like to see plenty of threads with separate OMTs for the bigger games.

A thread for each group as a starter and as you say, an OMT for the big games. General World Cup thread as well, for any non game specific stuff, like atmosphere, stadiums, best players so far, that sort of stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back