• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

I think it's more a case of Levy bringing in someone who is AVB's choice at a high level within the club, someone who will have the final say on transfers. Baldini appears incredibly well respected in the game. I'm sure not everything he does works out but his track record in player identification looks good.

Our market does seem to have switched focus slightly this summer. I suspect Levy in getting AVB his man and appearing to go seriously for his targets has more trust in him. I also suspect Sherwood's influence has diminished as a result and he may even have been given a bit of a lesser remit due to baldini's arrival (ie back to technical development/academy and less involved with first team affairs}

I suspect if Pleat has become involved its probably as a peace-maker. Ultimately decisions by commitee are generally better than decisions by one person. Disagreements aren't a problem as long as everyone's adult about it

The original JJetset @jetsetyid

People castigating me like I have a social responsibility by providing ITK that doesn't suit them.No other is closer which I know.its like

All workplaces where people whinge & moan.lots of assumptions made on my comments. This is not an ego trip for me #dontshootthemessenger

Baldini is a lovely guy. Does know any of our players & has a limited outlook on who we are going for.

Oops I meant doesn't ! I saw texts from DL today too regarding Paulinho. #stillon

Why wouldn't Paulinho bring anything new to our team? I don't see where all our Frank Lampard type CMs are?

What would Paulinho bring? Goals? Then why not just play Sigurdsson central midfield with Dembele next to him and Sandro behind him? Looks pretty damn good to me. Saves us £15,000,000 too to put towards a striker.

Why would we not need Eriksen? I get your point with Paulinho but I certainly won't be disappointed if we do sign him but I don't see the Eriksen logic.

Why would we need Eriksen?

People castigating me like I have a social responsibility by providing ITK that doesn't suit them.No other is closer which I know.its like

All workplaces where people whinge & moan.lots of assumptions made on my comments. This is not an ego trip for me #dontshootthemessenger

Baldini is a lovely guy. Does know any of our players & has a limited outlook on who we are going for.

Oops I meant doesn't ! I saw texts from DL today too regarding Paulinho. #stillon

Baldini was assistant to Capello for the national team so how exactly can he not know any of our players when he's worked with a few of them?

Sigurdsson can provide all of that. We didn't sign a dud.

Sigurdsson has potential to be good but Paulinho is more proven and plays regularly for one of the top international teams. Cant blame siggy for where he was born but Paulinho appears to be a level above.

I like Siggy but don't get the love for him on here - its as if he's a club legend and been here for 10 years. People want him to play almost regardless of whether that's best for team or whether there are better options out there. If we want to finish in the top 4 next year, it think our chances are hampered if Siggy is in our best 11 - off the bench he's a good option and would probably start a reasonable number of games but we need better in our first choice 11

Exactly. I really think he can make that attacking mid in a 3mid his position next season. Also Holtby can do a job there aswell.

Do you want to stake our top 4 chances on that? I haven't seen Paulinho a gazzilion times but having him there would appear to strengthen us as he's more proven, as compared to hoping that Siggy will develop into a top class player early next season

Do you want to stake our top 4 chances on that? I haven't seen Paulinho a gazzilion times but having him there would appear to strengthen us as he's more proven, as compared to hoping that Siggy will develop into a top class player early next season

Paulinho is not proven in the PL. Its a hell of a lot to be paying for him and will be a big risk for Spurs

Sigurdsson has potential to be good but Paulinho is more proven and plays regularly for one of the top international teams. Cant blame siggy for where he was born but Paulinho appears to be a level above.

I like Siggy but don't get the love for him on here - its as if he's a club legend and been here for 10 years. People want him to play almost regardless of whether that's best for team or whether there are better options out there. If we want to finish in the top 4 next year, it think our chances are hampered if Siggy is in our best 11 - off the bench he's a good option and would probably start a reasonable number of games but we need better in our first choice 11

I thnk its because people (and i'm one of them) saw us invest a good chucnk of money in a very promising young player. I'm sure no one expected him to waltz in and take the league by storm.

What he did do is show more than enough to suggest he's going to become a quality player and real goal scoring and threatening asset for the team. How old is he? 22? The lad scores peaches for Iceland and scored some really important goals for us last year, including goals away to Chelsea and against Inter.

I think the majority opinion on here would be now you need to back him and keep giving him first team chances and football. He chose to sign for us over other decent clubs, like Liverpool for example, and when you invest in young players and attract them then they need to be given the time to grow. If we sign a couple of Brazilians in similar positions it reduces his chances of getting on the pitch.

If we have a youth policy, then we need to give these players the chance to develop and grow into the first team. By all accounts Siggy is one of those who is almost there. So rather than spending 15 million on competition for his spot, we'd rather see a striker coming in. Likewise with Townsend - a Tottenham youth product who did the business in the Premier League, has been on loan 15,000 times and now looks ready. We want to see these players given a chance. They are exciting and look like they are almost there.

Wouldn't it be great to have multiple quality players? What happens if Sig is injured or out of form? Paulinho sounds like a great option to me and I fully back whoever AVB signs.

Wouldn't it be great to have multiple quality players? What happens if Sig is injured or out of form? Paulinho sounds like a great option to me and I fully back whoever AVB signs.

It would be good. What wouldn't be good would be signing 4 similar midfielders to the detriment of youngsters at the club like Holtby and Sigg and failing to address the issues in the squad that have existed for ages, namely; striker x2, wing cover, ball playing centre mid.

That's obviously just my opinion of course.

New top scout who is mate of DE is not a swede but worked there.
I'm too embarrassed to name him as Wikipedia isn't kind!
FFS DL sort it out

I could elaborate more but I'm not going to!!

it's not good.Who is he going to spot? What network does he have to get info & internationally when you have worked in div 2?

DL has been told too ??!!

Him or someone very very close to him.

I won't go into my full conspiracy theory, but his whole 'AVB is a phoney' outburst came exactly the time TS and AVB were having a big spat (the eve of the Old Trafford match). JJ has also talked about AVB having banned Sherwood from the training ground and is generally very promoting/defensive about the latter. NWND a few posts above has given as good an explanation of this Baldini thing as I've seen.

Where is the evidence of Sherwood and AVB having a big spat before the Old Trafford game? Where is the evidence of AVB banning Sherwood from the training ground?

We were approached by Blackburn about Sherwood becoming their manager last season, if things are so bad between AVB and Sherwood, why did we reject their advances?

If Sherwood is such a negative influence, why was he the only member of Redknapp's back room team to get a promotion last summer when most of the others were cleared out?

If the club have been trying (largely successfully) to close leaks since last summer, why hasn't Sherwood been caught out if he was leaking to someone who posts things on Twitter? If you can link it directly to Sherwood, then surely it would be very easy for the club who know what is actually going on.

If JJ has a senior source at the club, how come he gets practically everything wrong?

SO our new top scout has worked in Sweden, but has no network internationally? I suppose he really is brick then.

Back