• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

No Matri because Juve's top scorer will not be coming to us. No Mayuka because he's too small to play the role we'll want him to play.

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas
Sturridge
Remy
Van Wolfswinkel
Fletcher
Berbatov
Toivonen
Matavz
Matias Suarez
Cardozo
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Milito
Jovetic
Necid
Stefan Kießling
Mirallas

That's 23. I wonder if we could even get it to 30?

If Levy/AVB don't have an answer for every single one of these players about their availability in the transfer market and why they haven't yet come to Spurs then I will start to lose my faith in their ability to lead this club forward. Because if we can identify this many transfer targets then they should be able to do even better and results have been poor so far.

24963279.jpg

If this Modric story is to be believed - and that he's off to Madrid in the next few days, then it would seem that we have a bit of cash to go and pay a bit extra for a striker.

No Matri because Juve's top scorer will not be coming to us. No Mayuka because he's too small to play the role we'll want him to play.

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas
Sturridge
Remy
Van Wolfswinkel
Fletcher
Berbatov
Toivonen
Matavz
Matias Suarez
Cardozo
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Milito
Jovetic
Necid
Stefan Kießling
Mirallas

That's 23. I wonder if we could even get it to 30?

If Levy/AVB don't have an answer for every single one of these players about their availability in the transfer market and why they haven't yet come to Spurs then I will start to lose my faith in their ability to lead this club forward. Because if we can identify this many transfer targets then they should be able to do even better and results have been poor so far.

but you have sturridge and doumbia there?

Times today says Modric out (£35m+) and Moutinho in (£24m) leaving us a tidy £10m to put forward (on M'Villa in the article, but a striker would do!)
That could be the difference between bringing in a decent striker within the next few weeks. Perhaps Levy could structure a deal whereby the player would accept his wage demands -but take home a larger signing on fee?

I just feel that once this Modric flimflam is over with, the wheels will be in motion. Although, at precisely the wrong time.

That could be the difference between bringing in a decent striker within the next few weeks. Perhaps Levy could structure a deal whereby the player would accept his wage demands -but take home a larger signing on fee?

I just feel that once this Modric flimflam is over with, the wheels will be in motion. Although, at precisely the wrong time.

Indeed. My view has always been that while its ideal to get players in before the season, as long as they are in for the end of the window its ok. Better to get them in (set for the long term) late than not at all.

I suspect a lot is hinging on Modric, and so to a degree Madrid have held us to ransom.

Sensationalist News Media - not to be believed, remember

The Times is nothing like as sensationalist or unreliable as SSN. And in particular SSN regurgitating Real Madrids official agenda peddling mouthpiece as their own exclusive.

That said, while I credit it more than the likes of SSN I dont actually believe it. I just put it forward as an example of what PLJ was talking about.

And in particular SSN regurgitating Real Madrids official agenda peddling mouthpiece as their own exclusive.

Why do you assume SSN were quoting them and not another source? And what if Marca were informed directly from Madrid on the details (seeing you regarded them as the offical 'mouthpiece')

Also - what happens if Modric signs for them today - would you give SSN some credit for it?

SSN "Exclusive" just so happens to be the exact same content as the Marca article of the same morning? No. They have done it countless times before, dressing up other outlets articles as their own news.

I expect Marca to be briefed by Madrid constantly, I doubt they publish anything RE Madrid without their say so. That doesnt make it factually correct though, just propaganda.

If Modric signs for them today, tomorrow or whenever - SSN get no credit at all. Why would they? For reporting as an exclusive in the afternoon news that was widely reported that morning?

If SSN broke it first, fair play. They didnt though, and aside from their transfer deadline day work never do IMO

Back