• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

How do you even pass a medical while injured, especially something as serious as with Rossi's?

I don't think he'd be the same player after these injuries - at least not in the first 1-2 years. Steer well clear, imv

He may not be the same after injury, but then again he might be. Would be a risk but if it comes off that he is the same player, then fudge me, it would be good, right?

He would do a great job up top IMO.

Scored a lot of goals in a struggling Wolves side, good hold up man and is very useful with his head, we could do a lot worse.

If we got Ade and Fletcher/Doyle for a combined total of 15m and sold Defoe for 7/8m to Sunderland I'd be happy with that. GHod forbid we complete transactions that would actually leave us with viable options in time for Saudi Sportswashing Machine though, it is astounding really.

If we got Ade and Fletcher/Doyle for a combined total of 15m and sold Defoe for 7/8m to Sunderland I'd be happy with that. GHod forbid we complete transactions that would actually leave us with viable options in time for Saudi Sportswashing Machine though, it is astounding really.

Wolves want £15m just for fletcher

We've got 12, we can get it to 20:

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas
Sturridge
Remy
Odemwingie
Fletcher
Berbatov

Odemwingie's 31, and he's not even the kind of striker we want and would not go cheap either. Is that Jonas of Valencia? Good player but again, not leading the line in the premier league. Not sure about Remy's capabilities either to be honest, but questions have been raised as to his best position. Huntelaar would be a good option but not the solution imo also. Haven't seen enough of Doumbia to judge, Chelsea won't sell Sturridge to us and Damiao is way out of our price range, much too late on that one. 12m bid rejected for Fletcher which makes it waaaay too much for us and Berbatov won't come back here.

That leaves Ade, Negredo, Soldado out of the list. Ade is very much a possibility and then I believe it's up to us to go down the list of the strikers with potential who haven't set the world on fire yet ie the Nelson Oliveira Wolfswinkel Luuk De Jong kind of player, someone who can learn from Ade and steadily get more and more game time...

Back