• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

I'd love for Kane to be given a chance and for him to do very well for us.

Just can't see it happening. He's too slow and weak to make an impact at this level IMO. He looked way out of his depth in the UEFA cup last season if you remember.

Ade's team play worked wonders for us last season, but his finishing is pretty poor. His unpredictable movement, pace and power means that he will always get a lot of goalscoring opportunities and therefore score a lot of goals, but he still missed some absolute sitters. Sure, he went round the keeper once or twice but other than perhaps the flick over Reina to score against Liverpool and the overhead kick against Villa I wouldn't have said that any of the goals he scored demonstrated any genuinely top class technical ability. Don't recall too many goals he's scored from outside the box in his career, except that volley against us for the scum of course.

AVB will be playing attacking based football, with Bale and Lennon as wing forwards and either Van Der Vaart or Sigurdsson supporting them in attack. Whoever is in that mix will be seeing a lot of the ball near the opponents goal. I'd really love us to have a player who you back to take a chance when it is presented to them, and who has the technical and physical ability to create those chances when the ball is played to them in an attacking position but with opposition defenders marking you tightly. Perhaps Ade really is the best player we can get considering within our budget and being in the Europa League but if all you ever aim for is players at your current level then you're only going to stay at your current level. So I'd literally put all the money we'd set aside for Ade and anything else that we can afford and go all out for Llorente. We'll never know if we don't at least make a bid. The worst that can happen is that he says he's got bigger fish to fry, in which case, we're back where we started. Even then, at least City and Ade might start to panic that the deal might not go through if we sign Llorente and they'll relax a bit. This would be my fantasy signing, even if I don't think it's particularly likely.

My next choice would be Seydou Doumbia. He has been top goalscorer and player of the year in his league in the 3 successive seasons now across both Switzerland and Russia. Check out a couple of videos of him on youtube, this is definitely a player who is composed in front of goal, and has the pace and technical ability to get himself regular chances too. He might not be as big and strong as Llorente, Ade or Damiao, but it's certainly an upgrade on Defoe in that department. What's more, is that he said a year ago he'd like to come here:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7249358/Doumbia-open-to-Spurs-switch

Ok so a big part of that was because of Harry, but hell if Sunderland were supposedly in for him then surely we've got a chance. To me, this is a player who would clearly improve us that is gettable, and unless Llorente is available we should be trying to make this happen.

I would have Adebayor over Huntelaar tbh for no other reason than wanting someone who is proven here in this league. He did have anonymous days for us last season but what was it at the end? 17/18 goals and 13 assists? Signing him would also mean the initial outlay isn't as hefty so as to prevent us splashin out on say, Damaio.

Two from the Three of Adebayor, Huntelaar and Damaio would be perfect for me and leave me feeling a whole lot better about our prospects this coming season regardless of whether Modric stays or not.

Ade's team play worked wonders for us last season, but his finishing is pretty poor. His unpredictable movement, pace and power means that he will always get a lot of goalscoring opportunities and therefore score a lot of goals, but he still missed some absolute sitters. Sure, he went round the keeper once or twice but other than perhaps the flick over Reina to score against Liverpool and the overhead kick against Villa I wouldn't have said that any of the goals he scored demonstrated any genuinely top class technical ability. Don't recall too many goals he's scored from outside the box in his career, except that volley against us for the scum of course.

AVB will be playing attacking based football, with Bale and Lennon as wing forwards and either Van Der Vaart or Sigurdsson supporting them in attack. Whoever is in that mix will be seeing a lot of the ball near the opponents goal. I'd really love us to have a player who you back to take a chance when it is presented to them, and who has the technical and physical ability to create those chances when the ball is played to them in an attacking position but with opposition defenders marking you tightly. Perhaps Ade really is the best player we can get considering within our budget and being in the Europa League but if all you ever aim for is players at your current level then you're only going to stay at your current level. So I'd literally put all the money we'd set aside for Ade and anything else that we can afford and go all out for Llorente. We'll never know if we don't at least make a bid. The worst that can happen is that he says he's got bigger fish to fry, in which case, we're back where we started. Even then, at least City and Ade might start to panic that the deal might not go through if we sign Llorente and they'll relax a bit. This would be my fantasy signing, even if I don't think it's particularly likely.

My next choice would be Seydou Doumbia. He has been top goalscorer and player of the year in his league in the 3 successive seasons now across both Switzerland and Russia. Check out a couple of videos of him on youtube, this is definitely a player who is composed in front of goal, and has the pace and technical ability to get himself regular chances too. He might not be as big and strong as Llorente, Ade or Damiao, but it's certainly an upgrade on Defoe in that department. What's more, is that he said a year ago he'd like to come here:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7249358/Doumbia-open-to-Spurs-switch

Ok so a big part of that was because of Harry, but hell if Sunderland were supposedly in for him then surely we've got a chance. To me, this is a player who would clearly improve us that is gettable, and unless Llorente is available we should be trying to make this happen.

Quality Player. Would love us to sign hin him but I have a feeling it would be mad money in terms of the fee and as well as the wages given who he plays for and the finances they have available.

Is the intention of this thread just to shorten the transfer one? Surely the content is very similar?

Just can't see it happening. He's too slow and weak to make an impact at this level IMO. He looked way out of his depth in the UEFA cup last season if you remember.

You could have made exactly the same comments about Teddy Sheringham when he was young. Slow, tall but slightly gangly, needs to pad out a bit and work out how best to use his size...

However have said it before but I think Kane has a decent chance of making it either in the PL or championship as a regular starter because he has decent core football skills. SImilar to Teddy he also appears to have a brain in the way he reads the game, gets in the right place at the right time and finds the net

Kane is the oppositie to Livermore (who I dont think will make it at the top level) - Livermore has adapted quicker to the move from age-group football to mens football because he's built like a man so can hack the physicality. However Livermore lacks the basic football skills like control, passing, shooting, tackling etc which I believe Kane has so I would expect Kane to overtake Livermore in terms of development, career trajectory etc and have a much more successful career

Quality Player. Would love us to sign hin him but I have a feeling it would be mad money in terms of the fee and as well as the wages given who he plays for and the finances they have available.

Think thats the problem with most CFs now - anyone who has one half decent season is in the £20m bracket. Makes you wonder what the selling clubs were thinking when they sold players like Ba, Cisse etc

Anyone else getting rather worried at how close to the start of the season we are - yet we still only have Defoe as a senior striker? This Adebayor is meant 'to be close' - but it's been like that for the last two months! Even if we sign him, then we don't have a proper back-up.

Spurs leaving their transfer dealings late again.

I reckon we could name 20 strikers that would improve our starting XI amongst us that don't play for CL elite clubs or aren't already way out of our league (Neymar etc). Sure, some of these may be too expensive or not interested, but I reckon there's 20 worth bidding for that we can do. I'll start, copy and paste the list and add any you can think of:

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas

Is the intention of this thread just to shorten the transfer one? Surely the content is very similar?

Yes mate - just wanted to keep the striker stuff in one place that wouldnt be 1000 pages long by the time we kick off against the toon. Personally I can't keep up with a thread that is 20-40 pages longer every time I log on

I reckon we could name 20 strikers that would improve our starting XI amongst us that don't play for CL elite clubs or aren't already way out of our league (Neymar etc). Sure, some of these may be too expensive or not interested, but I reckon there's 20 worth bidding for that we can do. I'll start, copy and paste the list and add any you can think of:

Adebayor
Damiao
Doumbia
Huntelaar
Negredo
Soldado
Jonas

Sturridge
Rossi
Remy

Tottenham On Red Alert As Guiseppe Rossi’s Agent Confirms Imminent Villareal Departure

Italian could be set for Premier League return.

Former Manchester United striker Guiseppe Rossi could be set for a return to the Premier League with Tottenham, after his agent confirmed his intention to leave Villareal.

Spurs were linked with the Italian last summer and reportedly had a big-money bid rejected by the Yellow Submarine.

Villareal have since been relegated from La Liga and Rossi is reluctant to play in Spain's second tier.

With Spurs desperately lacking a forward and struggling to conclude deals for Emmanuel Adebayor and Leandro Damiao, a fresh approach for the poacher could be on the cards.

However, 25-year-old Rossi suffered two separate anterior cruciate ligament injuries last season and remains out of action until February, meaning he would not be a short-term solution to Spurs' striker shortage.

Rossi's agent Federico Pastorello has confirmed his client will not play in the Segunda Division.

"I’m not worried because I’m conscious that interest in Rossi will start in the latter part of the window. He is calm and has his contract. Villarreal is in [league] B, but he will not play in B," Pastorello is quoted as saying in Gazzetta dello Sport.

Serie A giants AC Milan are also thought to be interested in Rossi, who has scored 54 goals in three seasons since joining the Spaniards from United.

Would love it if we got Rossi for a relatively small fee. A bit of risk involved given we don't know how he played after his injury, though. I always thought he should be our primary target after we got Champions League football - his movement is fantastic and his finishing is lethal.

£15 million seems realistic, he'd be hungry to succeed with us given what's happened to him over the last year.

Anyone else getting rather worried at how close to the start of the season we are - yet we still only have Defoe as a senior striker? This Adebayor is meant 'to be close' - but it's been like that for the last two months! Even if we sign him, then we don't have a proper back-up.

Spurs leaving their transfer dealings late again.

Thing is that once we sign Adebayor it gives everyone breathing space. People are (rightly) getting uptight at the thought of going up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine away with Defoe/Kane upfront. Add Adebayor into the mix and we can put out a very strong first XI, even with little Luka sulking his ass off.

It would buy us time to reassess and strengthen the overall squad, sign back-up to Ade, off load a few and all that COULD wait until 31st August as long as its done.

The key is getting Ade over the line in time for him to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I'd relax as soon as we sign a striker this week. Not doing so would tinkle me right off and i suspect AVB and the coaching staff/players would not be impressed with the board/Levy if this happens.

Would love it if we got Rossi for a relatively small fee. A bit of risk involved given we don't know how he played after his injury, though. I always thought he should be our primary target after we got Champions League football - his movement is fantastic and his finishing is lethal.

£15 million seems realistic, he'd be hungry to succeed with us given what's happened to him over the last year.

A year on his contract? Out til feb? £7million. 10 max

Rossi would be good on the right side of a front 3.

Rossi - - Ade - - Bale

Looks abit sexy that.

Rossi is back on February at the earliest and it' not even guaranteed he'll be back to 100%.

It's one of those things where I wonder if it would be better to sign him now to ensure he gets the best medical attention... 5-7 million and if he recovers well we've got some bloody good competition for Azza in the second half of the season.

It's one of those things where I wonder if it would be better to sign him now to ensure he gets the best medical attention... 5-7 million and if he recovers well we've got some bloody good competition for Azza in the second half of the season.

and if he doesn't recover?

Back