• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest I think we should just get rid of Modric once n for all cos if it is not this season it will definitely be next season. May aswell cash in when stock is high and get in one or two other players.

Emmanuel Adebayor ‏@Sheyiadebayor
Loved my spell at Tottenham. We are working hard with the chairman to make it permanent. Will keep you informed!!

[h=3]dimitar berbatov says it is ÔÇÿobviousÔÇÖ he must leave manchester united this summer.[/h]
the striker started five league games this term ÔÇö despite united taking a yearÔÇÖs option on his contract in march ÔÇö and admits to a fall-out with boss alex ferguson.

Berbatov said: ÔÇ£we talked 10 times, he told me there would be a place for me but i stayed on the bench.
ÔÇ£my time at manchester united is running out. I no longer feel like a valuable part of this team.
ÔÇ£i think i did well in the few opportunities that i received.
ÔÇ£i am a little frustrated by the way this happened, i do not think i deserved it.
ÔÇ£but i have dignity and i stopped going to such meetings, it is clear that iÔÇÖm leaving united. ItÔÇÖs obvious that i have to leave.
ÔÇ£iÔÇÖm looking for a new place now. I know i can still play at the highest level.ÔÇØ
berbatov insisted he would not move to unitedÔÇÖs rivals Emirates Marketing Project.
He said: ÔÇ£i would never join Emirates Marketing Project, i am a loyal person after all.
"i had the opportunity to sign for city in the past but i chose united.ÔÇØ

c u n t

Want to come back?

Loved my spell at Tottenham. We are working hard with the chairman to make it permanent. Will keep you informed!!

finally a bit of good news...keep it coming

Is Huddlestone due back soon? Think he will work well with Ade, if we keep Ade. Especially now we have Parker/Sandro/Livermore who can all shore up the midfield defensively. Huddlestone is good at playing the early ball in behind/through the defence. And he can score goals from midfield. Would go part of the way to offsetting loss of Modric.

Any chance we might also rehabilitate Bentley? . Maybe he has got an attitude problem, I don't know, but he is only 27, and still has ability.

Bentley is a lost cause - sorry but he needs to fudge off. 50k a fudging week. fudgein hell. ridiculous.

To be honest I think we should just get rid of Modric once n for all cos if it is not this season it will definitely be next season. May aswell cash in when stock is high and get in one or two other players.

We wouldnt be able to replace him. Need to try to patch things over as best possible until we have hte new stadium

Any chance we might also rehabilitate Bentley? . Maybe he has got an attitude problem, I don't know, but he is only 27, and still has ability.

Not without a new manager and probably not even then. Let him go be a star in a smaller squad.

This is nice from Ade, im sure he could move to a club in russia who would offer him more money or a club with CL football.

This is nice from Ade, im sure he could move to a club in russia who would offer him more money or a club with CL football.

also the thing with an lot of African players is that they use a proportion of their massive wages to help out communities and projects back in their home countries. This is a consideration when they hold clubs to ransom:D

Football is fudged. Hazard (and his clan) have been corrupted.

Didn't take long at all. I should have known better.

just read this on a Dutch website:

Jan Vertonghen wil zijn carri?¿re vervolgen bij Tottenham Hotspur. Dat heeft de Belgische verdediger van Ajax aangegeven aan de clubleiding van de Amsterdammers. Ajax hoeft van Vertonghen niet te wachten op een andere club die wil mee gaan bieden.
Volgens De Telegraaf heeft een delegatie van Ajax maandag een offici?½le ontmoeting met het bestuur van Tottenham Hotspur. Tottenham-voorzitter Daniel Levy vliegt met advocaten naar Nederland om een akkoord te bereiken over de transfersom.
Tottenham Hotspur en Ajax liggen nog een eindje uit elkaar. Ajax wil minimaal vijftien miljoen euro vangen voor Vertonghen, die nog een contract voor een jaar heeft in Amsterdam. Tottenham heeft een prijs van negen miljoen euro in het hoofd.

Which roughly translated says:

Jan Vertonghen wants to carry on his career with Tottenham Hotspur. That is what the Belgian defender from Ajax has told the club from Amsterdam. Ajax don't have to wait for other clubs to join in the bidding.

According to "de telegraaf" a delegation from Ajax met on Monday with the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur. Daniel Levy flew with lawyers to Holland to reach an agreement over the transfer amount.

Tottenham and Ajax are still to come to an agreement. Ajax want minimum Ôé¼15 million for the player, who still has a year left on his contract, Tottenham have a price of Ôé¼9 million in mind.

so it sounds like he wants to come to us then.

Most agents should just be put to sleep, but they fit so well in this corrupt little world FIFA have created.

Back