• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am of the opinon that by now we should have seen him enough times to know whether we want him or not considering we allegedly made a bid for him sometime last year

They probably do know, but if he happens to be playing then why not go and watch anyway?

ITK Agent ‏@itk_agent

Luka Modric has, for the second season in a row, handed in a transfer request at Spurs.

I know I'll get pelters for this, but I heard the list of free agents from Premiership teams today, Didnt realise Nicky Shorey was available.
As a 'freebie' maybe worth a punt as a back-up for Benny, the guy was in the England squad a few years back, not for long I know, but a more capable option than Rose,currently.

oh dear GHod no.

ITK Agent ‏@itk_agent

Luka Modric has, for the second season in a row, handed in a transfer request at Spurs.

Modric says he won't concern himself with his future until after the euros. It's pretty obvious when he's just making brick up.

If you can believe the Mirror, Broomfield went to watch Internacional to check on Damiao.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-are-weighing-up-move-for-leandro-842054

I think he should be our no1 target this summer. It might take him a while to settle, but he's big, strong, pacey and an eye for goal.

International will want to keep him for as much of their season as is possible. It wont be an early summer transfer whoever he goes to. The interesting thing is that he'll be in London at the Olympics with Brazil in July.

With the amount of stick Bale gets about his supposed ego I can't imagine how the forum would react to Drenthe.

Drenthe has played for Real Madrid though, he's allowed to have an ego.. Bale's only a brickkicker from Southampton... 8-[

Bale pulls out of Wales v Mexico in USA. Must mean he's off then. :lol:

Torres moaning about everything at Chelsea. Not playing enough, not starting in the CL final, not being allowed to take one of the pens. Have you watched yourself the last 2 seasons?

We must sort out Bale+Modric in the next week.

Commit or fudge off so we have time to sign the likes of Di Maria,Sneijder,Ozil and Benzema and also Leandro Damiao depending on wage bills.

[h=3]DIMITAR BERBATOV says it is ‘obvious’ he must leave Manchester United this summer.[/h]
The striker started five league games this term — despite United taking a year’s option on his contract in March — and admits to a fall-out with boss Alex Ferguson.

Berbatov said: “We talked 10 times, he told me there would be a place for me but I stayed on the bench.
“My time at Manchester United is running out. I no longer feel like a valuable part of this team.
“I think I did well in the few opportunities that I received.
“I am a little frustrated by the way this happened, I do not think I deserved it.
“But I have dignity and I stopped going to such meetings, it is clear that I’m leaving United. It’s obvious that I have to leave.
“I’m looking for a new place now. I know I can still play at the highest level.”
Berbatov insisted he would not move to United’s rivals Emirates Marketing Project.
He said: “I would never join Emirates Marketing Project, I am a loyal person after all.
"I had the opportunity to sign for City in the past but I chose United.”

[h=3]DIMITAR BERBATOV says it is ‘obvious’ he must leave Manchester United this summer.[/h]
The striker started five league games this term — despite United taking a year’s option on his contract in March — and admits to a fall-out with boss Alex Ferguson.

Berbatov said: “We talked 10 times, he told me there would be a place for me but I stayed on the bench.
“My time at Manchester United is running out. I no longer feel like a valuable part of this team.
“I think I did well in the few opportunities that I received.
“I am a little frustrated by the way this happened, I do not think I deserved it.
“But I have dignity and I stopped going to such meetings, it is clear that I’m leaving United. It’s obvious that I have to leave.
“I’m looking for a new place now. I know I can still play at the highest level.”
Berbatov insisted he would not move to United’s rivals Emirates Marketing Project.
He said: “I would never join Emirates Marketing Project, I am a loyal person after all.
"I had the opportunity to sign for City in the past but I chose United.”

Or you could have stayed, or at least put in the effort while negotations were going on. ****!

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Didier Drogba, 34, has almost certainly kicked his last ball for Chelsea, with the club expecting him to confirm his free transfer to Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua.

Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, 26, is prepared to hand in a transfer request after the club were denied a place in the Champions League.

Full story: Daily Mirror

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce wants to bring former Hammer Joe Cole, 30, back to Upton Park after the club won promotion back to the Premier League. Cole has spent the last season on loan at Lille from Liverpool.

Blackpool's Matt Phillips, 21, could still be playing Premier League football next season despite missing out on promotion, after catching the eye of Reading boss Brian McDermott.

Full Story: the Sun

OTHER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project are set to reward manager Roberto Mancini with a new three-year contract worth ?ú15m.

Tottenham duo Louis Saha and Steven Pienaar are labelled a "disgrace" by the club's fans after they congratulated Chelsea on their Champions League win.

Full story: Metro

Ajax boss Frank de Boer is the number one target for Liverpool as they seek a replacement for Kenny Dalglish.

Full story: the Sun

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants four Champions League titles and made a speech in the dressing room after the shoot-out win over Bayern Munich.

Full story: the Sun

Roberto Di Matteo has emerged as a shock target for Aston Villa after the Chelsea interim boss lifted the Champions League.

Full story: Daily Star

Players have urged Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to make Roberto Di Matteo their full-time manager in a dressing room "sing-song".

Salomon Kalou believes Chelsea would not have won the Champions League if Andre Villas-Boas had remained in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Full story: talkSPORT

Blackburn manager Steve Kean is to be given a second chance at the club - with top ally Paul Agnew put on the board to back him up.

AND FINALLY

Chelsea's John Mikel Obi has revealed he told Arjen Robben that he would miss his penalty, as the Bayern Munich player was getting ready to take his extra-time spot-kick.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

China's Now TV advertise this summer's European Championship using images of Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower & the Colosseum in flames.

Full story: 101greatgoals.com

Torres moaning about everything at Chelsea. Not playing enough, not starting in the CL final, not being allowed to take one of the pens. Have you watched yourself the last 2 seasons?

But...........if Chelsea offered him in a straight swop for Modric, how would you feel?

There is no doubt he is a superb striker who just needs to play and feel wanted. A bit like what we need.

But...........if Chelsea offered him in a straight swop for Modric, how would you feel?

There is no doubt he is a superb striker who just needs to play and feel wanted. A bit like what we need.

What are his wages? 200k a week?
Thibaut Courtois is the player I'd demand if we're forced to do a deal with Chelsea.

It's absolutely hilarious. How can he complain that this season has been a bad one for him and demand talks with the club when is has been him that has been missing easy opportunities.

Stupid ijit...

'Gareth Bale has pulled out of Wales' friendly against Mexico in New York next Sunday, with five other first-choice squad members also withdrawing.
All six are listed as "injury concerns" by the Football Association of Wales, who also confirmed Celtic's Joe Ledley, Blackpool's Neal Eardley, Cardiff's Darcy Blake, Sunderland's David Vaughan and Crystal Palace's Lewis Price would not make the trip to the United States.'

Might be something other then transfers going on there..

Commit or fudge off so we have time to sign the likes of Di Maria,Sneijder,Ozil and Benzema and also Leandro Damiao depending on wage bills.

I can just see them leaving Real Madrid and Inter to come and play for Spurs in the Europa league and probably take a big wage cut. :rolleyes:

:ross:

we'll be lucky to sign Matt Phillips, Thomas Ince and Steven Fletcher!!

Di Maria, Sneijder and ?ûzil:D

Please tell me this is a wind up.....

I know we have a lot of deluded fans but surely not people who are thatdeluded?

Back