• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WookieD on 31st July said:
Next week I expect there to be clamour about Ade
The following week Ade will move to Russia becuase of a "project" with lots of money
We will then hear last minute reports of a sensational bid for Edison Cavani and Steven Jovetic
We will complete the signing of Leon Best with 5 hours to run in the transfer window
It's coming true ;)

Madrid to play in Ledders testimonial at the Lane?

the point of a testimonial is that the proceeds go to the player. Spurs wouldnt benefit from this game against Real, so i dont see how it could be included in the Modric deal

Who: david
Where: FTL
When: 15th August

Mea culpa…Well the way I'm feeling I'm just about done for with posting it (probably until next time I get too excited to control myself). Frankly, I am embarrassed by the Ade thing not being announced yet, and don't care to overly hassle friends to clarify...my friendship worth far more! According to the Spanish press, it looks like Modders is done too(not itk), and for less than I was told we would accept (which was 35m min) so looks like I'll be paying out on that charity bet too! I think that it is crazy that we are caving in and selling Modric for the reported 30m, and I am personally disapointed by Levy. I was told 'we don't need to sell we have money anyway and he'll rot in the Reserves if our price-tag is not met.'...I wish we had held on to make the point, and think this concession undoes the firm point made with Berbatov/Keanes etc prices ...

It seems what I am told and what finally happens is perhaps too disconnected from final decision. Hey ho...for whatever it is worth I'm confident we will eventually bring in top signings Ade, Damiano*, Lloris, Moutinho/Mvilla etc plus some talented young stars to provide cover, and I do believe that we will finish top London club this year, with a New stadium funded and building started from next year! Sorry if I rose hope artificially.

this is my prediction from now till the end of the window..

Ade (Buy)
Carroll (Loan) (last min 31st Aug Sky tossfest deal)
Moutinho (Buy)

this is my prediction from now till the end of the window..

Carroll (Loan) (last min 31st Aug Sky tossfest deal)

hahah this is truly written in the stars!

although I hope it will be West Ham, not us. He is hugely overrated, and Gio will lose his king of London nightclubs throne

its so quiet, you know what im starting to miss some of this

arrycourt.gif

Who: The Goat
Where: SC

1: The Goat is several sources, even those who have been on SC awhile and never shared ITK before. But this is seems a good source and were happy to share on their behalf.

2. Goats have horns and four legs.

Something else that has legs is the Yann M'Vila rumour. He was spotted being shown around the day before yesterday.

3. Goats never kid.

So when he says Adebayor is done, it may not be new, but you can trust it's not a joke.

4. Goats have the horn.

...for Spanish strikers. We're in for Llorente and seriously trying our best.

5. A goat needs to butt out

...Modric is off. Again, no big news there.

6. Goats can't always create clever clues around their information:

Sahin isn't coming as he wants Champs League footy. Told us no.

Who: wpd659
Where: SC

Alrite guys!! Just had a phone call off my biatch ITK! All this Lloris talk is pointless as i have stated before he isnt coming.

Hearing that DL is very close to agreein fee with inter for LD! Only a few things to iron out!
We have had a chat with birmingham about the double deal of butland and redmond! But dont know if a bid has been placed!

As i said i didnt think i would be getting much info this window but this is all i can say atm was told abit more but cant rele tell atm! I know there is not rele any new info here but this is what i was told

regarding Carroll he most likely would have said

'He's a fantastic lad, t'riffic player, we would absolutely love to have him at Spurs if possible and we'll speak to the chairman. Strong in the air, can score goals, great potential. Fantastic player but he is not our player so we are not allowed to talk about him.'

/puts window up and drives away

Last edited:
Back