• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do we need to have a specific set of midfielders and do any of you really know what AVB is planning? For example: Why shouldn't we have two similar players?

The 2nd player competing for the same spot - as it is with most top/successful clubs

So we're going to have Parker, Sandro, M'Vila/Capoue and Livermore competing for the same spot. When we desperately need strikers, a wide player and a central ball player? Yes, I can definitely see how we NEED either of them, fudge it why not just get both.

I don't understand - you hate the guy and think he's a flimflamer, yet you insist on pasting his vomit on here daily, only to slag it yourself?

/mind blown

I paste it here for the benefit of all who reads this thread. If I didn't, someone else will eventually. I believe there are several ITKs that have genuine info, but that joker is not one.

JJetset has said POTL's info is old.

POTL again:

To add, I am not on twitter which I keep being asked, and I don't post on any other boards to be clear.

Secondly, those are the facts of where we are at the moment, things can change in a minute, or weeks. A deal could suddenly be agreed this second, but this is where we are currently. Thirdly, those are the players we are working toward now, doesn't mean targets won't change as time goes by. For example Rafa became available last minute so we did the deal- wasnt a long term target.

Everyone is frustrated, from the fans to the board- things will happen. All this talk of relegation and we won't finish top ten is ridiculous and being blown out of proportion. Deals will happen, we will strengthen and we will add to what is already a VERY talented squad. We're massively light up front, and we need a playmaker in midfield. Do not think you are the only ones thinking this.

POTL

So we're going to have Parker, Sandro, M'Vila/Capoue and Livermore competing for the same spot. When we desperately need strikers, a wide player and a central ball player? Yes, I can definitely see how we NEED either of them, fudge it why not just get both.

This isn't about signing - you mentioned 'needing' - to which I replied, yes we need a long-term Parker replacement. I see Livermore as a box-to-box midfielder anyway.

From Marca

Real Madrid and Tottenham are finalising numbers on the Luka Modric deal. Once Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy realised that keeping the Croat was impossible and that Madrid was not going to pay the €50 million he initially asked for, the negotiations have focused on the sums Madrid has to pay in bonuses.

Madrid's president, Florentino Pérez, is prepared to accept paying a fixed sum of €32 million plus a series of performance-related payments which would be for between €6 and €8 million. Similar to the deal he did with Benfica to sign Ángel Di María. Madrid paid €25 million for the Argentine at the time with another series of payments written into the contract depending on various objectives: appearances for the club and his national team, titles won and the friendly played in Lisbon for the Eusebio Cup.

Real Madrid and Tottenham are continuing to put the finishing touches to the deal which is quite far advanced. If it is moving slowly, this is because the English team is working in parallel on signing Modric's replacement; not an easy feat in itself and which, of course, has a bearing on the progression of the deal.

The person best placed to speed up the saga of this summer and become a replacement for Modric at Tottenham, is Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila. Over the coming days, Tottenham will find someone to take Modric's place and he will, at long last, become a Real Madrid player.

Also from Marca

Luka Modric can't keep it bottled up any longer and is practically glued to his mobile phone. He mopes about the lobby of the Atrium Hotel in Split, where the Croatian camp is staying, his head down and looking pensive. When he catches sight of a photographer he doesn't shy away, but turns his head so as not to look straight at the camera. In the last few hours he has asked hotel security to protect him from the media.

That's how we found the Croatian star, who couldn't mask his surprise that MARCA had come to Split in search of the most sought-after man of the summer. He took it as a sign that he was one step closer to a deal with Real Madrid, a fact that would give him strength in his wrangle with the owner of Tottenham, Daniel Levy.

Modric is smart and very sure of himself. He has been advised not to speak to anybody and he hints at the fact. "You have to understand that I can't make any comments at the moment, it's out of the question. I can only say that I can't wait to play against Switzerland, I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for coming to see me," he added before leaving for an official Croatian Football Federation engagement. He winked at us and we followed him.

Accompanied by the Croatian manager, Igor Stimac, the Sevilla player Ivan Rakitic, and other team-mates, Modric was greeted by the crowds. However, it's obvious he's got a lot on his mind, too much perhaps, and on occasion he looks blank, like he's been stunned. A smile only broke out on his face when his friend Rakitic whispered something funny into his ear. It's been a long hard summer for Modric.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor old Luka, 5 year deal with a club and its been hard for him as we wont let him leave for a derisory sum, what a ****

There I agree. I find him constantly being pigeon holed as a DM somewhat lazy and frustrating.

I'd say he had one of his best games playing at DM, sitting in front of the back four and keeping the ball moving all game, against Everton. Maybe I've remembered it wrong but I'm sure he was playing a defensive role in midfield in that game, don't remember him getting forward too much.

id be surprised if Modric plays tonight. I mean why would he take the risk of injury which may scupper his deal to his dream team...brains in his feet obviously

Back