• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's got a great engine, good passing ability within short perimeters, decent shot, combined with an acute defensive awarness. He'd be wasted as a clogger at DM

I just think of him as 'tidy'. Not exceptional, but certainly not bad at all. Passes and moves, does his job (a hugely underrated ability!) and plays to his strengths. He has a lot more to him on the ball than someone like Parker IMHO.

Another frustration I find is the "Sandro and Parker cant play together" talk. The time I recall seeing them together Harry had Sandro sitting and shielding (where one of his great strengths is carrying the ball forward) and Parker playing ahead trying to make things happen in midfield (a huge weakness of his, where sitting/shielding is his strength)

Ultimately Harry deployed them in the opposite positions to which they are better suited. Had he deployed them 'properly' they may well have been quite successful

I'd say he had one of his best games playing at DM, sitting in front of the back four and keeping the ball moving all game, against Everton. Maybe I've remembered it wrong but I'm sure he was playing a defensive role in midfield in that game, don't remember him getting forward too much.

He can certainly do that job, Im not saying otherwise in that respect. I just think he has a bit more about him as well. As Arc says, if asked to describe him I would put "Box to box" rather than "DM"

Parker is a DM for me, in the purest sense. Livermore is much more of a footballer IMO

He's got a great engine, good passing ability within short perimeters, decent shot, combined with an acute defensive awarness. He'd be wasted as a clogger at DM

Just in general I think he's good on the ball - Good touch/control and has a bit of skill you see now and again too. Honestly think he will grow into a very accomplished midfielder....

He can certainly do that job, Im not saying otherwise in that respect. I just think he has a bit more about him as well. As Arc says, if asked to describe him I would put "Box to box" rather than "DM"

Parker is a DM for me, in the purest sense. Livermore is much more of a footballer IMO

I'd agree that Livermore is capable of playing DM and a more box to box role also, as well as centre back and right back. However Parker not playing DM was what caused us problems, kept on bombing forward getting in the way of players who are more adept at creating and finishing goal scoring chances ie Rafa Bale Ade etc etc Parker's issue was that he tried to do too much, hopefully Sandro will be fit and in form to claim his place in the starting line up in the early stages of the season.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Pretty accurate summary of the Sahin situation in the Spanish papers. He strongly favours Arsenal, Real Madrid want him to move to LFC
Hunch now is that Sahin will end up at Liverpool on loan. Mourinho is pushing him towards Anfield and he's open to the move

Tottenham and Man United ask Malaga about a deal for Spain play-maker Isco
Tottenham have joined Manchester United in expressing an interest in Malaga play-maker Isco.

The news comes as Malaga contemplate selling off more of their star players in a bid to ease their crippling financial problems, having already raised £22 million this summer, by selling Santi Cazorla to Arsenal and Solomon Rondon to Rubin Kazan.

The La Liga outfit have already spent all of the £12 million earned from the sale of Cazorla, with £7.5 million alone going on an tax bill, while Rondon's £10 million fee has been used to pay players wages owed from last season.

But as owner Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani continues to look for a buyer for the struggling side, he is considering offloading one more star name, in a bid to raise extra funds to pay more debts, and bring in three new players as cover.

Al-Thani is unfussy about who is next to go in the fire sale, and Tottenham have now joined Manchester United in asking about the availability of Isco - a young attacker rated as one of the best prospects in Spain.

The technical youngster only move to boyhood club Malaga from Valencia last summer, but has already expressed an interest in quitting the club, with his long-term ambition to play in England.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is a big fan of the 20-year-old, and would be willing to splash out £12 million, if Luka Modric completes his move to Real Madrid as expected.

Arsenal and Chelsea have both previously watched Isco in action, but the only other Premier League interest has come from United, who asked his agent whether he'd like to move to Old Trafford last month.

Isco currently has four years left to run on his Malaga contract.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...-deal-for-spain-play-maker-isco#ixzz23bwA3sMa

Yeah but now Caesar is yellow (brasil yellow)

Just pick a couple of popular colours and your laughing.

Well that **** certainly is.

I wish I could give this brick up, tinkle off somewhere and then check on the 31st what we have done, alas I can't.

Who: Cabinessnce
Where: FTL
When: 15th August

According to my man DL tearing mad busy with "stuff" at Spurs. Read into that what you will. Says Ade is as good as done but still waiting to see what more City might offer on the deal nearer the deadline. He still thinks another 3 or 4 but expect them mostly to be lastminute.levy brinkmanship jobs. So as an example, Lloris will happen but only if his club accept a bid nearer our valuation, otherwise it wont and it's therefore a who blinks first scenario. That's all I'm afraid. No names other than Ade mentioned.

A smile only broke out on his face when his friend Rakitic whispered something funny into his ear. It's been a long hard summer for Modric.

Rakitic1.jpg

I just want this prick away from our club now.

From Marca

Real Madrid and Tottenham are finalising numbers on the Luka Modric deal. Once Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy realised that keeping the Croat was impossible and that Madrid was not going to pay the €50 million he initially asked for, the negotiations have focused on the sums Madrid has to pay in bonuses.

Madrid's president, Florentino Pérez, is prepared to accept paying a fixed sum of €32 million plus a series of performance-related payments which would be for between €6 and €8 million. Similar to the deal he did with Benfica to sign Ángel Di María. Madrid paid €25 million for the Argentine at the time with another series of payments written into the contract depending on various objectives: appearances for the club and his national team, titles won and the friendly played in Lisbon for the Eusebio Cup.
Real Madrid and Tottenham are continuing to put the finishing touches to the deal which is quite far advanced. If it is moving slowly, this is because the English team is working in parallel on signing Modric's replacement; not an easy feat in itself and which, of course, has a bearing on the progression of the deal.

The person best placed to speed up the saga of this summer and become a replacement for Modric at Tottenham, is Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila. Over the coming days, Tottenham will find someone to take Modric's place and he will, at long last, become a Real Madrid player.

Madrid to play in Ledders testimonial at the Lane?

Back