• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how many Turkish players have succeeded outside Turkey or Germany??? i cant think of too many

how many Turkish players have succeeded outside Turkey or Germany??? i cant think of too many

Dont take Sahin for granted just coz his "Turkish". Weren't people on here getting excited about the possible signing of Arda Turan last season?

I think we've missed a great player here and letting him go to the goons of all teams... Could be great for them!

So expect him at City by 2014 ;)

Sahin is a lot like AVB in that he's young and was very very highly rated, but a bad year with the wrong club and suddenly his stock has fallen to the floor. Really hope Arsenal don't get him.

Dont take Sahin for granted just coz his "Turkish". Weren't people on here getting excited about the possible signing of Arda Turan last season?

I think we've missed a great player here and letting him go to the goons of all teams... Could be great for them!

So expect him at City by 2014 ;)

some players from certain nations dont travel well. like i mentioned earlier today, Russians find it hard to show their Russian form when they leave their country, Pav, Arshavin and Zhirkov being 3 recent examples. Obviously the Prem is harder, but they didnt seem to fit into the lifestyle either

redknapp wasnt given money to buy his own players. not sure where this idea of him being bad in the transfer market comes from

as of right now AVB hasnt been too crash hot in that area but then it isnt him not getting his targets...its levy

maybe levy is just a shrewd guy?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Coulibay £2m
Parker £6m
Sandro £6m
Van Der Vart £8m
Khumalo £1.5m
Pienaar £3m
Naughton £5m
Walker £3m
Crouch £9m
Bassong £8m
Kranjcar £2m
Kaboul £5m
Keane £12m
Defoe £15m
Palacios £12m

As well as wages for Cudicini, Chimbonda, Jimmy Walker, Gallas, Friedel, Saha, nelsen and Adebayor on loan.

How exactly wasnt Redknapp given money?

Hakan Sukur. 217 goals in 392 games for Galatasaray, 51 in 112 for Turkey, 11 in 53 for Torino, Inter, Parma and Blackburn.

plus compare Dortmund's Bundesliga triumph with Sahin 2 years ago with their triumph last season and without Sahin they actually performed better without his presence

he wasnt really missed

I think Altintop, Sahin, Turan, Tuncay, Nihat are all decent players and have been for the clubs they have been at. I also think Kerim Frei has a bright future as well as Tore who is very very highly rated

Borussia Dortmund

season 2010-2011 with Sahin

W23,D6,L5......67 scored, 22 conceded...pts 75

season2011-2012 without Sahin

W25,D6,L3.....80 scored, 25 conceded....pts 81

I think Altintop, Sahin, Turan, Tuncay, Nihat are all decent players and have been for the clubs they have been at. I also think Kerim Frei has a bright future as well as Tore who is very very highly rated

Nihat was good in Spain, il give you that

Borussia Dortmund

season 2010-2011 with Sahin

W23,D6,L5......67 scored, 22 conceded...pts 75

season2011-2012 without Sahin

W25,D6,L3.....80 scored, 25 conceded....pts 81

plus compare Dortmund's Bundesliga triumph with Sahin 2 years ago with their triumph last season and without Sahin they actually performed better without his presence

he wasnt really missed

Did you watch a lot of their games or is this statement only based on those stats?

Sahin is a tremendous talent, I don't even understand why this is being discussed.

Sure, he hasn't been good enough to dislodge Alonso and Khedira, that doesn't say much imo. Was good enough for Mourinho to buy him in the first place while with Dortmund and he was missed, especially at the start of the season, they managed to compensate though.

Well if we were going to name talented footballers of Turkish decent the list would include the likes of Mesut Ozil, Serder Tasci, Mehmett Scholl, Gokhan Inler, Hakan Yakin, Eren Derdiyok who are all talented.

Back