• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depends who against.

He looks brilliant in his first pre-season for us, looked great in FA Cup, Carling Cup and Europa League games too in the past. League wise, well he's not started a game for us since his first season where we had the worst start in over 50 years. Modric was also poor in these opening games.

agree 100%

Depends who against.

He looks brilliant in his first pre-season for us, looked great in FA Cup, Carling Cup and Europa League games too in the past. League wise, well he's not started a game for us since his first season where we had the worst start in over 50 years. Modric was also poor in these opening games.
I don't remember any of this bar 1 Europa league game tbh.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham face a battle to sign Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris with the French club insisting they will not let him leave unless he asks for a transfer.

Full story: talkSPORT

Sunderland have put in a £12m bid for Wolves striker Steve Fletcher, who the Midlands club are believed to value at £15m.

Full story: Daily Mail

Arsenal could add to the signings of Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton as they have targeted the south coast club's 17-year-old full-back Luke Shaw.

Full story: Daily Mirror
OTHER GOSSIP

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says that Andy Carroll can "fit into how I want to play" and that the striker is "happy" to stay with the Reds.

Full story: talkSPORT

Emirates Marketing Project have sent captain Vincent Kompany back to England early from their Far East tour so the centre-back can get treatment for a calf injury and be fit for the start of the season.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas was not happy at a "nasty" tackle from Liverpool's Charlie Adam on Gareth Bale as the two sides played out a goalless pre-season friendly in the United States.

anyone impressed by Pape Moussa Konate for Senegal at the Olympics?....3 goals in 2 games, 19 years old, could be the next big thing to come out of Senegal

Yeah, 2 good games.. but a look into his club career shows he is very new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pape_Moussa_Konaté

Interesting though, decent numbers for a young guy.

yeah, being 19 with not much of a background means its very dangerous to buy off the back of a impressive tournament showing, but if he continues to to perform for an exciting Senegal team, and can be bought from Macabi for a decent price, it might be worth a gamble

its not like we are blessed with forwards:)

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

Mancini on Adebayor's on-again, off-again transfer from #mcfc to #thfc: "I think maybe we can close this in the next few days."

Interesting quote. Would be excellent if we can finally sort it out this week. Then go on to sign one more quality striker.

I don't remember any of this bar 1 Europa league game tbh.

Me neither, and I remember at the time where a lot of our fans were calling his performance "great" I didn't think it was great at all. It was an acceptable, expected level of performance but some fans are so keen for him to be a success with us they rated it a lot higher than it was. Can't really remember him looking good in any other competitive games but I genuinely don't beleive we have ever played in him in his best position.

I think we all have to remember that there is probably things going behind the scenes that aren't being reported in the press. But the need for a striker is getting a little worrying now.

I think we all have to remember that there is probably things going behind the scenes that aren't being reported in the press. But the need for a striker is getting a little worrying now.

yes

as stated, sure that AVB and Levy are very aware both of the need for striker and also of every striker available in the world

my money is on Damiao

yeah, being 19 with not much of a background means its very dangerous to buy off the back of a impressive tournament showing, but if he continues to to perform for an exciting Senegal team, and can be bought from Macabi for a decent price, it might be worth a gamble

its not like we are blessed with forwards:)

I think this is the key thing... If we could pick him up for a few million then great. I'm sure he'd be happy to be back to Adebayor whereas someone like Leandro Damiao might not be.

yes

as stated, sure that AVB and Levy are very aware both of the need for striker and also of every striker available in the world

my money is on Damiao

I hope so. I think it's clear that Inter love a good news story to hike up the value of their players, but in the case of Oscar actually settled for less than they said it would take. My only worry is do they need to sell L.Damiao now that they have 25m for Oscar?

I hope so. I think it's clear that Inter love a good news story to hike up the value of their players, but in the case of Oscar actually settled for less than they said it would take. My only worry is do they need to sell L.Damiao now that they have 25m for Oscar?

and if they sold Oscar for 25 mill, then less tha 20 mill should secure a deal for Damaio as Oscar is by far the more talented footballer and has more about him to make a massive name for himself in the game

Damiao for 15-20 mill pounds should be enough, even then i think its too much. The Brazilian Jordan Rhodes

and if they sold Oscar for 25 mill, then less tha 20 mill should secure a deal for Damaio as Oscar is by far the more talented footballer and has more about him to make a massive name for himself in the game

Damiao for 15-20 mill pounds should be enough, even then i think its too much. The Brazilian Jordan Rhodes

Maybe, but now they don't need to sell him for the cash (if they even needed to before) and he's their top goalscorer. Oscar is very talented but they also have D'Alesandro who does a similar thing for them.

I would be happy to pay £15m for him, maybe a little more. I think if he does get sold he'll go to Italy though from everything his agent and he have said in the past.

They have bought 3 forwards in the last 6mths and have a youth kid coming through. That is on top of having Damiao already there.

One of those forwards is Forlan who will be on serious wages. I can see why they would need to sell players. Maybe Oscar is enough, but maybe there is more to it as well. Heavily overspend on the assumption they will make it back by selling,.. who knows.

They have bought 3 forwards in the last 6mths and have a youth kid coming through. That is on top of having Damiao already there.

One of those forwards is Forlan who will be on serious wages. I can see why they would need to sell players. Maybe Oscar is enough, but maybe there is more to it as well. Heavily overspend on the assumption they will make it back by selling,.. who knows.

Yeah hopefully! Like I said before, I think they love all the front, but ultimately are a selling club and if we just offer what is fair and not just offer tiny fees we should get what we want out of it.

Back