• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could learn french and go and live in france. I would still be English.

You could learn French, marry a French person, get a French passport, speak French fluently, live in a small hameau in the Perigord, wear a beret, eat garlic and snails, play boules, and sing the Marseillaise, but as far as the French (especially the taxi drivers in Paris) are concerned you would still be le rosbif..

I want to get a chub on bout the news of these 2 signings but im reluctant to until i see the pair of them pictured next to Redknap holding a Spurs shirt with their names on the back! Come on Levy get it done and Spurs OS get it announced!! The way our luck has gone since feb i darent get prematurely excited bout any transfers till its official

Who: POTL
When: 22 May
Where: COYS
[This was posted in the same thread as his cryptic given in Update 14]

Danny & Darren the Bacon Boys.

apologies for a) not seeing if anyone commented, and b) for giving credence to POTL but Danny & Darren = Levy & Eales, the Bacon = De Boer (The Boar if pronounced correctly), boar = wild pig = bacon

no abuse please, just bored at work!!

I want to get a chub on bout the news of these 2 signings but im reluctant to until i see the pair of them pictured next to Redknap holding a Spurs shirt with their names on the back! Come on Levy get it done and Spurs OS get it announced!! The way our luck has gone since feb i darent get prematurely excited bout any transfers till its official

I've got a semi that I'm struggling to keep under control. It's killing me

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Etienne Capoue

Toulouse's captain Etienne Capoue has also been linked with Liverpool in the past

Arsenal have switched their attention to Toulouse captain Etienne Capoue, 23, as a cheaper alternative to Rennes' 21-year-old Yann M'Vila as the club step up their efforts to sign a holding midfielder for next season.

Full story: the Times (subscription required)

Manchester United have opened talks with Everton over a ?ú12m move for full-back Leighton Baines.

Full story: Daily Mirror

And United are hoping to take advantage of Rayo Vallecano's financial problems after targeting Michu, 26, the highest-scoring midfielder in Spain last season, who could move to the Premier League for as little as ?ú3m this summer.

Full story: Daily Mail

Arsenal will offload seven stars including Nicklas Bendtner, Denilson, Sebastien Squillaci and Johan Djourou to free up cash to bid for Blackburn's 21-year-old winger Junior Hoilett.

England striker Jermain Defoe admits he is heading into Euro 2012 considering his future at Tottenham.

Full story: talkSPORT

Dynamo Kiev have opened talks over a double move for Tottenham's Niko Kranjcar and Vedran Corluka, which could be worth up to ?ú10m.

Wolves winger Matt Jarvis, 25, is a shock ?ú5m target for Udinese.

Stoke striker Cameron Jerome has snubbed an offer from Wolves to step down to the Championship and help their promotion battle.

OTHER GOSSIP
Louis van Gaal

Louis van Gaal has won six domestic titles and one Champions League as manager

Louis van Gaal has emerged as a leading contender to be Liverpool's sporting director. The Dutchman has made his interest in the role known, having been out of work since being dismissed as coach of Bayern Munich in April last year.

Van Gaal would be expected to work with the new team manager when Liverpool appoint a replacement for Kenny Dalglish.

Full story: the Guardian

Roy Kean has questioned whether new England coach and former Old Trafford team-mate Gary Neville has the right credentials for the job.

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has played down hopes Joe Cole could make a "romantic" return to Upton Park this summer.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Etienne Capoue

Toulouse's captain Etienne Capoue has also been linked with Liverpool in the past

Arsenal have switched their attention to Toulouse captain Etienne Capoue, 23, as a cheaper alternative to Rennes' 21-year-old Yann M'Vila as the club step up their efforts to sign a holding midfielder for next season.

Manchester United have opened talks with Everton over a ?ú12m move for full-back Leighton Baines.

And United are hoping to take advantage of Rayo Vallecano's financial problems after targeting Michu, 26, the highest-scoring midfielder in Spain last season, who could move to the Premier League for as little as ?ú3m this summer.

England striker Jermain Defoe admits he is heading into Euro 2012 considering his future at Tottenham.

Full story: talkSPORT

Dynamo Kiev have opened talks over a double move for Tottenham's Niko Kranjcar and Vedran Corluka, which could be worth up to ?ú10m.

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has played down hopes Joe Cole could make a "romantic" return to Upton Park this summer.

now I love Benny as much as anybody else, but Baines for 12m? that'd be a deal worth making. Selling BAE might take us that next step. get on it Levy (after the Vert and Remy deals of course;) )

and might as well get in for that Michu deal as well. just incase modric flakes off

Why are Man U trying to get Baines when they have Evra? I know Evra didn't have his besr season last year but..

He's 32 next year and on the decline

Baines is a magnificent LB, one of the Top 3 in the PL and would start in any of the 20 PL clubs, possibly bar Chelsea

Don't let the door hit you

Defoe admits Spurs dilemma

Striker wants regular playing time at Spurs

Last Updated: May 22, 2012 3:30pm

The 29-year-old netted 11 goals for Spurs in 23 appearances this season, which was enough to earn himself a call-up into Roy Hodgson's England squad for Euro 2012.

Nevertheless, Defoe has slipped down Harry Redknapp's pecking order, with on-loan Emmanuel Adebayor deployed as a lone frontman supported by Rafael van der Vaart, and the striker believes he is in a dilemma.

Difficult

"It is a difficult one. I have never said I want to leave the club, all I have just said is I want to play," Defoe said.

"As a forward you just want to get some sort of rhythm and a run in the team. That wasn't the case towards the end of the season.

"I am going to concentrate on England and go to the Euros, then see what happens.

"The most important thing for me is scoring goals and that is when I am at my happiest."

Spurs finished fourth in the Premier League, having eventually been overhauled by rivals Arsenal.

However, after Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League in dramatic fashion in Munich on Saturday night, it meant Redknapp's men will now head into the Europa League instead.

It is scant reward for a campaign which for so long had promised so much.

"The main aim of the season was to finish in the top four, and we have done that. What happened with Chelsea was out of our hands and was just unfortunate," said Defoe, who is in his second spell at Spurs having been signed by Redknapp at Portsmouth in January 2008.

"There have been lots of ups and downs, but we all stuck together and still performed."

Doubt

The loss of Champions League football for another campaign has again cast doubt over the future of some of Spurs' key men.

Wales winger Gareth Bale is said to be on the wanted list of a string of top European clubs, while Croatia playmaker Luka Modric has previously been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea, with Manchester United also potential suitors for the 26-year-old.

Defoe believes the White Hart Lane hierarchy must look to take the squad forwards with the current group, adding: "Some players like Luka Modric and Gareth Bale are players you cannot replace, so it is important to keep them."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7771474/Defoe-admits-Spurs-dilemma

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are set to sign French midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

The 22-year-old will arrive on a free transfer after his contract with Stade de Reims expires in June.

Amalfitano, who helped the French club win promotion to Ligue 1, joins compatriots Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa at the Sports Direct Arena.

You could learn French, marry a French person, get a French passport, speak French fluently, live in a small hameau in the Perigord, wear a beret, eat garlic and snails, play boules, and sing the Marseillaise, but as far as the French (especially the taxi drivers in Paris) are concerned you would still be le rosbif..

Thats exacly the story of my dad!! he speaks fluent french and all that but hes still is english. Oh and we live in the Perigord :D

Story in the Sun today (yeah I know!) saying that Gareth Bale will not be seeking a move away from Spurs this Summer. Loves it at the club, doesn't see any need to move, likes to go home to Wales regularly and would only move this Summer if the club felt they wanted to cash in on him.

Over in the land of attention seekers:

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

From 13th April --->> #Reading looking at signing Ledley King should they get promotion to the PL.

wpd659

Gomes is injured atm so if we do extend his contract we wont be able to get rid till january at the earlyiest!
I was told gomes should be off this summer as he wants to play but cudicini might go.
We have 4 Gk's we have been lookin at all year 3 young and upcoming and 1 exstablished prem keeper. Button is rated very highly by tony parks so might be in the squad next year.
King will sign a new deal.
Nelson is 50/50 to have his deal extended depends on gallas. And the rest are on the list to be moved on if we can get them clubs.
Was told this all last week.
Gd news i was told last nite is levy's meeting with ajax went well and has nearly agreed the deal for vertonghen just sortin out how long the payments will be payed over and other little things. I wasnt told when it will be sorted thou.
And also i was told remy's agent wants to wait till after the euros to agree any deal.
My m8 was told levy was also talking to a brazilian players agent in holland the same day.

Sorry forgot to add saha will stay if we cant get in 2 new strikers adebayor being one of the two.
And also an update on scott parker. He still is struggleing with his ankle but hodgson wants him to go so does parker but HR and our medical staff are worried if he does go he will come back alot worse and will miss first month of the season. So he will have tests today to see if it has healed enough to be ok.

Back