• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys, stop talking about big name players we already know about... didn't you read that article I just posted? We can just go and rip the best below-radar players out of Montpelier, France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, bish bash bosh Champions League - easy peasy

No need to spend big

Two years ago, Montpellier broke their transfer record to sign striker Olivier Giroud for ?ú1.7m. Last summer, they captured Brazilian defender Vitorino Hilton on a free and Cameroon left-back Henri Bedimo for ?ú1.6m. Giroud won the golden boot with 21 goals this term; he was joined in the Ligue 1 team of the season by Hilton and Bedimo.
On a shoestring budget, Nicollin has overseen the development of one of Ligue 1's finest team

Hey guys, stop talking about big name players we already know about... didn't you read that article I just posted? We can just go and rip the best below-radar players out of Montpelier, France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, bish bash bosh Champions League - easy peasy

No need to spend big

Two years ago, Montpellier broke their transfer record to sign striker Olivier Giroud for ?ú1.7m. Last summer, they captured Brazilian defender Vitorino Hilton on a free and Cameroon left-back Henri Bedimo for ?ú1.6m. Giroud won the golden boot with 21 goals this term; he was joined in the Ligue 1 team of the season by Hilton and Bedimo.
On a shoestring budget, Nicollin has overseen the development of one of Ligue 1's finest team

People laughed it off with the Utaka posts. I'm inclined to agree, French league is like the Championship, probably has EPL standard players scattered but you got to sort which are.

Why I keep saying its dogbrick, and extremely dodgy to spend in. Why its still taken upto 5 months for someone to sign Hazard.

The french think they have a sense of grandure. Hense all the stupid fees banded about on average players.

French League = Mine Field

1 in 10

Last edited:
I could learn french and go and live in france. I would still be English.

lol, your point being!?

Vertonghen still has an afinity with the Dutch people and players.

FYI, Vertonghen didn't learn dutch, Flemish is his mothers tounge... dutch

Last edited:
lol, your point being!?

Vertonghen still has an afinity with the Dutch people and players.

FYI, Vertonghen didn't learn dutch, Flemish is his mothers tounge... dutch

My point being that just because he speaks dutch, does not make him dutch.

I'm not quite sure why your trying to argue this point, as he is belgian. It's a fact.

People laughed it off with the Utaka posts. I'm inclined to agree, French league is like the Championship, probably has EPL standard players scattered but you got to sort which are.

Why I keep saying its dogbrick, and extremely dodgy to spend in. Why its still taken upto 5 months for someone to sign Hazard.

The french think they have a sense of grandure. Hense all the stupid fees banded about on average players.

French League = Mine Field

1 in 10

I'd agree with this. France is only the 6th ranked League in Europe for a reason.

Vertonghen by far the best player in the Dutch league

De Boer wants to keep him but knows he can't

De Boer told Vertonghen he could sign for anyone in the world but Vertonghen wants to join us and VDV is a big factor

Vertonghen disappointed by Chelsea result but it hasn't put him off

How exactly? VdV had left Ajax by the time Vertonghen had joined. I don't really get the connection between the two.

Vertonghen has been at Ajax since 2003 - im sure he would have been looking up to VdV, who came through the ranks there and was later captain

Back