• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough, that's the first time i've seen ?ú15m...

Everywhere else i've seen has said we're offering about €10m and they want €15m...

My bad too. Didnt realise it 10 v 15. I thought i'd read an article where we had offered ?ú10m and Ajax were holding out for ?ú12m.
If we're talking a difference of ?ú5m though then I can fully understand the 'stand-off'

My bad too. Didnt realise it 10 v 15. I thought i'd read an article where we had offered ?ú10m and Ajax were holding out for ?ú12m.
If we're talking a difference of ?ú5m though then I can fully understand the 'stand-off'

I get the feeling most of it conjecture, if you look at all the different articles about it you would probably find a wide range of different offers and demands..

Just seen the pic of Levy in Amsterdam, does seem interesting the deal hasn't been done over the phone. Won't speculate on the idea he's there for another player though. Seem talk of De Jong being discussed.

Anyone know if he's any good??

Just seen the pic of Levy in Amsterdam, does seem interesting the deal hasn't been done over the phone. Won't speculate on the idea he's there for another player though. Seem talk of De Jong being discussed.

Anyone know if he's any good??
ooooh What about GVDW? I find it hard to believe he is still there.

Just check this agent's website. Seems only Ajax player he looks after is JV, so no need to speculate on any additional players (based on talks with this agent, anyway)

Vertonghen by far the best player in the Dutch league

De Boer wants to keep him but knows he can't

De Boer told Vertonghen he could sign for anyone in the world but Vertonghen wants to join us and VDV is a big factor

Vertonghen disappointed by Chelsea result but it hasn't put him off

According to a report in France, Remy is unsure about joinning us. Chelsea and Arsenal are also interested.

My take on this is that he is waiting for other clubs to be interested. Marseille want to sell.

We and Liverpool are also in for the Marseille Keeper, Mandanda. Good keeper.

I fear Ajax may be hoping for another club to make a bid and drive up the price.

I'm sure they are. The guy himself seems keen to join us,but that wont stop the club hoping somebody else joins the hunt.

I know some people are against us paying a few million over the odds, but on this occasion it may be worth the extra to ward off another bidders, as well as signing somebody, who, just for a change, looks like he really means that he wants to play for Tottenham rather than just taking the paycheque

Back