• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In this darkest of hours for the club, the one chink of light appears to be the urgency with which our chairman is pursuing key summer signings. Makes for a pleasant change. Let's hope that we haven't been misled by newspaper reports and ITK's and that we will have our three or four priority signings done and dusted, in the shirt and on the official website before the Euros get under way.

That might, at least, help to numb the pain and make for a bearable summer.

I was pretty despondant on Saturday night/Sunday morning but my mood has lifted to be more philosophical since then I must say. Had Chelsea have lost to Bayern then I think our transfer plans would still have been somewhat in limbo while we waited to see if we won our qualification round. Now however we absolutely know our fate and our budget and players we are chasing know exactly what competition we will be in.

Not only that but we are also in a competition that we could have a serious chance of winning (if we take it seriously)

We are one of the 6 most attractive clubs to play for in one of the 2 most attractives leagues to play in in the World (maybe THE most attractive one?)

We have just come off the back of our 3 most consistent league finishes for decades.

We have the nucleus of an excellent squad with a few players to return from loan spells and a number of players that we could sell to bring in funds without really even noticing them disappearing from the squad.

We have players making positive noises about joining us even though we'll only be playing Europa League football next year (Vertonghen & Adebayor).

Also any potential new player coming to Spurs cannot fail to be impressed at our new training ground and the plans for the new stadium. It is clear to see that we are an ambitious club who are on the up!

Yes it's disappointing that we're not going to be seeing the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona at WHL next season, but there is no reason why we cannot again do well domestically.... maybe even do better than the season just gone if the lessons are learnt from our failures last time round (transfers not in early enough, confusion over players staying, not enough rotation in mid season, manager staying/going?)

Let's regroup, go out and have another crack at the top end of the premiership and then win the FA Cup! =D>

Vertonghen in waiting room

AMSTERDAM - Tottenham Hotspur has yet to reach an agreement with Ajax over the transfer of Jan Vertonghen. But the chairman of the London club, Daniel Levy, after a day or negotiate hopeful returned to England.
Levy came in the morning at ten o'clock at Schiphol airport and traveled to the ArenA, where he was welcomed by the director Jeroen Slop and Henri van der Aat. With the leadership of the Amsterdam club has long been talked about constructions to reach an agreement on the ransom for another year continuous contract of the Ajax captain to come.

For Vertonghen to wait and see if both parties can find each other. Between supply and demand is still a substantial difference. Ajax only knows that the other parties no longer have to wait. For the champion would be beneficial if another club in the struggle for mixing the footballer of the year because the price would increase. But Vertonghen wants only to the club of Rafael van der Vaart and wants the board of Ajax makes the deal in order.

levy_jpg_1003558d.jpg

Levy with Vertonghen's agent Mustapha Nakhli

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/12180088/__Vertonghen_in_wachtkamer__.html

Hmm... does Levy's head look a bit photoshopped or am I seeing things that are not there.

This guy wants to come and play for us, then we wont agree a price and he'll go to a big club. And in a year time, everyone will be saying he turned us down to get better money.

If hes a top defender, just pay the price, you'll get the money back!

I was pretty despondant on Saturday night/Sunday morning but my mood has lifted to be more philosophical since then I must say. Had Chelsea have lost to Bayern then I think our transfer plans would still have been somewhat in limbo while we waited to see if we won our qualification round. Now however we absolutely know our fate and our budget and players we are chasing know exactly what competition we will be in.

Not only that but we are also in a competition that we could have a serious chance of winning (if we take it seriously)

We are one of the 6 most attractive clubs to play for in one of the 2 most attractives leagues to play in in the World (maybe THE most attractive one?)

We have just come off the back of our 3 most consistent league finishes for decades.

We have the nucleus of an excellent squad with a few players to return from loan spells and a number of players that we could sell to bring in funds without really even noticing them disappearing from the squad.

We have players making positive noises about joining us even though we'll only be playing Europa League football next year (Vertonghen & Adebayor).

Also any potential new player coming to Spurs cannot fail to be impressed at our new training ground and the plans for the new stadium. It is clear to see that we are an ambitious club who are on the up!

Yes it's disappointing that we're not going to be seeing the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona at WHL next season, but there is no reason why we cannot again do well domestically.... maybe even do better than the season just gone if the lessons are learnt from our failures last time round (transfers not in early enough, confusion over players staying, not enough rotation in mid season, manager staying/going?)

Let's regroup, go out and have another crack at the top end of the premiership and then win the FA Cup! =D>[/QUOTE

Spot on for me. As mentioned before, yes its disappointing to be not in the CL, but it was only a qualifier, with no guarantee of progressing. No Young Boys this time, Lille,BMG,Malaga,Udinese plus maybe Fenerbache as the 5 possible opponents.
We would have been sweating on the draw, then the result, and in the end could have been where we are now, in the EL Group Stages, but not having had 4 months to secure targets.
We all know where we stand. If you're a player who has a hard-on for the CL you dont sign. If they just want to play for the mighty Spurs no matter what, come on down, and lets have a settled squad ready to rumble on the opening day of the season

This guy wants to come and play for us, then we wont agree a price and he'll go to a big club. And in a year time, everyone will be saying he turned us down to get better money.

Rightly or wrongly, we haggled over a few million in the past and the player has slipped through the net.

Lets just get this guy on board, give us all something to smile about, and maybe others will follow suit

it's easy to say to but if every transfer deal you make over a summer was 5 mil (for example) more expensive because you just took the asking price then it's not hard to see that you're potentially losing a lot of money

was is that JJetset fella who was spot on in Jan?

yeah

playing the ITK game i reckon it's Vertoghen and Remy - seeings as those are the two which have been seemingly on for a while

why is everyone discussing in here ? shouldn't there be a separate thread to rip it all to pieces ?

Last edited:
Given that the positions we require to fill are limited, taking the potential surplus 3-5m hit on 2 targets, although it may cause Daniel to wake up screaming at night, might not be the worst thing in the world. When quality is available, perhaps its worth being loose witht he checkbook, although its a risky line to go down...

JJetset rated this post as "winner"

"Also, just thinking to myself, you wouldn't fly out just to try and complete a deal for a guy who has already visited the lodge and the ground and agreed personal terms, would you? I mean surely, a few conference calls and an agreement over the phone. There has to be more than Vertonghen about Levy AND Eales' visit to Amsterdam. Why both of them? Why not just Levy? "

Mystery - SC

Remy - Were trying - We are playing stupid on this one. It's as if were kicking his tyres and thinking about it, but want a few quid off the price, which OM will not agree to.
Leandro - No - Was decided a while ago we won't sign him. We kind of p*ssed Inter off with our penny pinching.
Duombia - Levy wants this guy, Harry isn't so interested, it would seem.
Dembele - This all depends on the future of little Luka.
Vertonghen - I don't really need to say much about this, he wants us, we want him.

Peace,

----

Right then, I'm going to try and keep track of who's talking sense and otherwise, please keep em coming and make the ones that are from posters on forums etc claiming to be ITK clear. IE, I'm interested in Dragon1 rather than Marca or Guillem Balague

For what it's worth from the 4/5 years of browsing Spurs forums the only ITKs I'd listen to are Dragon 1, Archie on SO, Peanut and there's at least one other who has slipped my mind. None of these post often, but worth listening to when they do....

Drogba confirms Chelsea exit (or vice-versa) - official

Would you prefer Adebayor or Drogba?

Personally I would go for Adebayor; less of a ****, knows the squad and club, got plenty of gas left in teh tank. My concern re Drogba is would he be interested or view it as semi-retirement?

Drogba would never happen. He's looking for one final big pay day, which of you want you don't come to us. Plus he's gone down at Chelsea as a legend, there's no way he's come to one of Chelsea's rivals after that....

Another website that I often frequent used to have an 'ITKlike' who was spot on as fudge always right munz will know the site I'm on about

Back