• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In much the same way that Liverpool fans suddenly didn't rate Gylfi much as soon as it became clear that he was signing for us rather than them.

I know nothing about Fryers. He might be brilliant. He might be awful. He might be somewhere in between. But the last people whose opinion about his potential I would trust are Utd fans. Hell hath no fury like a fan scorned.

well no being that some of the comments were before we were actually linked.

Selling Defoe would mean we'd have to bring in 3 strikers. Hmmmm not very likely is it.

Any strikers from the lower leagues look like decent prospects?

The Journalist:

LLoris; very close.
As I said before the Euros; Tottenham had made contact and knew the fee. They had also sounded out Lloris but he wanted to wait until after the euros. There were 2 teams interested and it was all down to the player. The other team was Italian. There were no negotiations to be had.
The majority of the deal is done; hell be on about £80k per week and just waiting on his signature.

Because we don't have the funds to buy 5 first 11 players (Sig, Verts, Ade, Moutinho, Lloris) without selling Modric.

in

Sig...7mill
Vert..8 mill
Ade...6 mill
Moutinho..25 mill
Lloris....12 mill

total.....58 mill

out

Pav....10 mill
Kranjacar..6 mill
Corluka..5 mill

total 21mill so far, and with the likes of Jenas, Bentley and Gomes to sell, thats conservatively another 15 mill, plus maybe 12 for VDV

in

Sig...7mill
Vert..8 mill
Ade...6 mill
Moutinho..25 mill
Lloris....12 mill

total.....58 mill

out

Pav....10 mill
Kranjacar..6 mill
Corluka..5 mill

total 21mill so far, and with the likes of Jenas, Bentley and Gomes to sell, thats conservatively another 15 mill, plus maybe 12 for VDV

Or it's the 30ish from Modric and the 5ish Bentley.

Also we can't play that midfield with only three defenders, we would get taken apart on breaks and we'd be returning to the Ardiles days.

Moutinho, Modric and Sandro is a midfield that can dig in, tackle, close down, but when on the ball, especially with Moutinho and Modric, can also make things happen going forward. I think the 3 of them would be sensational together.

Moutinho, Modric and Sandro is a midfield that can dig in, tackle, close down, but when on the ball, especially with Moutinho and Modric, can also make things happen going forward. I think the 3 of them would be sensational together.

This! Would be a dream midfield imo.

Obviously not with 3 at the back but a 4-3-3 this would be an outstanding midfield as Modric and Moutinho do help out defensively.

Last edited:
in

Sig...7mill
Vert..8 mill
Ade...6 mill
Moutinho..25 mill
Lloris....12 mill

total.....58 mill

out

Pav....10 mill
Kranjacar..6 mill
Corluka..5 mill

Players we have tried to sell without success for the last 4 windows. What makes it more likely that we will be able to offload them this window? And at £5m a piece?

People need to understand that Brad is on his last legs and if we want to compete at the top we need a goal keeper to come in and perform straight away. It's champions league or bust this season so we have no time to try and bed in young Keepers.

Or we could borrow the money and pay them back over the next 5 years.

Or we have had a bit of money saved up due to pretty much beaking even since the first window Harry was here (in terms of transfers) im sure we could have a transfer window where we have a net outlay of 20 mil or so without putting outselves in financial ruin

Yes you are right, I remember all those games where old man Brad was unable to dive, that time he broke his hip fielding a goal kick and the other time the ball trickled past him at a snails pace but he couldnt see it... ](*,)

I know Friedel is coming to the end of his career, but there were NO SIGNS AT ALL last season that he would not be fit to perform this season.

Yes, it can be annoying that he stays rooted to his line, but otherwise he was excellent last season. For the coming season this is not a priority

Yes you are right, I remember all those games where old man Brad was unable to dive, that time he broke his hip fielding a goal kick and the other time the ball trickled past him at a snails pace but he couldnt see it... ](*,)

I know Friedel is coming to the end of his career, but there were NO SIGNS AT ALL last season that he would not be fit to perform this season.

Yes, it can be annoying that he stays rooted to his line, but otherwise he was excellent last season. For the coming season this is not a priority

But it will be priority sooner rather than later so what is the problem with replacing him with arguably a world class keeper now?

Short sighted. It is a priority because next year when his contract is expiring and retirement talk is around he'll be 42, Cudicini will be 39 and Gomes will still be gathering dust.

So teams see Spurs have a need for 2 goalies and rape us on the fee. Meanwhile Lloris has moved somewhere else, Krul is in yr2 of a new 5yr deal (would cost the earth) and ter Stegen has moved to Barcelona.

Unlike this year where Lloris is available, ter Stegen is available but unlikely to move. Replace when you aren't desperate to.

Plus with a high line defence, Brad who stays on his line is likely to be caught out while Lloris is far more likely to stay on the edge of his box and be able to react.

Jacob Helgesen ‏@jacobhelgesen
Adebayor, Defoe and Kane. Think we need another among that lot @akqayid @jetsetyid ‪#COYS‬ ‪#THFC‬

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
@jacobhelgesen @akqayid Take 1 out and add another 2.......Good night!! ‪#putthatinyourpipeandsmokeit

Back