• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schalke chief Clemens Tonnies has revealed that the club have pulled out of a deal for Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, paving the way for his return to Hamburg.

Van der Vaart, 29, will be allowed to leave Spurs this summer as he does not fit into new manager Andre Villas-Boas' plans with Schalke manager Huub Stevens last month claiming that the Netherlands international would be a good signing.

However, Tonnies has now called a halt to the negotiations after they were unable to agree on a contract that would reach anywhere near the £70,000-a-week plus bonuses that he is currently on.

"If we had really wanted to have him [Van der Vaart], then we would have got him," Tonnies said. "But it didn't make any sense because we were miles apart. The topic is over."

Schalke general manager, Horst Heldt, added: "Van der Vaart has very high quality but despite this, he does not fit our requirements on a number of levels."

Frank Arnesen, the Hamburg sporting director, has revealed that he would be keen to sign Van der Vaart, who played at the club for three years before joining Real Madrid in 2008 for €13 million.

What are the chances of VDV being sold? I dont wanna sell him but the problem is where does he play n fit in to the team assuming a 443.

Inside right or most advanced of the midfield trio.

I know AVB is a tactical genius, but I'm not sure even he could pull off a 4-4-3!

Modric to Madrid:

I can see why Luka would jump at the chance to sign for Real...but can anybody tell me why they would want to sign him?? Where the heel would he fit in?

Modric to Madrid:

I can see why Luka would jump at the chance to sign for Real...but can anybody tell me why they would want to sign him?? Where the heel would he fit in?

Because he's an amazing player.

Either in place of Khedira or in place of di Maria(with Ozil moving right)

Schalke chief Clemens Tonnies has revealed that the club have pulled out of a deal for Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, paving the way for his return to Hamburg.

Van der Vaart, 29, will be allowed to leave Spurs this summer as he does not fit into new manager Andre Villas-Boas' plans with Schalke manager Huub Stevens last month claiming that the Netherlands international would be a good signing.

However, Tonnies has now called a halt to the negotiations after they were unable to agree on a contract that would reach anywhere near the £70,000-a-week plus bonuses that he is currently on.

"If we had really wanted to have him [Van der Vaart], then we would have got him," Tonnies said. "But it didn't make any sense because we were miles apart. The topic is over."

Schalke general manager, Horst Heldt, added: "Van der Vaart has very high quality but despite this, he does not fit our requirements on a number of levels."

Frank Arnesen, the Hamburg sporting director, has revealed that he would be keen to sign Van der Vaart, who played at the club for three years before joining Real Madrid in 2008 for €13 million.

Course you would, wtf do you think you were doing, shopping at M&S ?

View attachment 764

Bascially this, or Rafa and Sig the other way round.

Hope Walker improves in that case. He's going to be needed to have learnt when the right time to bomb forward is, when he needs to hold the ball and when he needs to distribute.

His "full pitch" vision will need to be spot on if he's going to have to take responsibility of almost all the right wing.

Because he's an amazing player.

Either in place of Khedira or in place of di Maria(with Ozil moving right)

Ok I can see him being more useful than DiMaria, but surely Di Maria offers more of a goal threat (as well as a divingforapen threat)?
But replaving Khedira?? Can't see that myself

Modric OUT and Moutinho IN would be a backwards move.
Keep Modric, He has 4 years left on his contract if Im not mistaken.

I would much rather have a unhappy modric than a happy moutinho.

Moutinho is so over-rated.

It is true what people say about you on here.

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook
It is my understanding #readingfc will offer #THFC in excess of £10m for Jermain Defoe

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook
It is my understanding #readingfc will offer #THFC in excess of £10m for Jermain Defoe

10m for defoe, 5m for bentley, 5m for pienaar..

Granted, they are all unsubstantiated rumours, but they wouldn't be the worst news.

You never cease to amaze me

Anywho, don't know who this is, somebody posted his twitter-account here earlier before I lost the electricity for an hour and a half.
Andre Mitrovski ‏@AaronLennon10

Andre Villas Boas has told Jenas that he's going nowhere.

Can't see how this is true, he would be at least 5th choice and why would they keep paying this crippled guys wages? His contract seems to end next year, I bet Levy wants something now instead of nothing later. Him signing an exstension would be very strange. £2m should do, hopefully West Ham or Reading will be interested.[/QUOTE]

maybe AVB was just making an observation rather than a decision !!

Back