• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couple of things about Carvalho:

a) Reports keep suggesting that he could used as a sweetener for the Modric deal. But isn't he out of contract anyway? He signed a two year deal in 2010. Did he sign an extension? If not, then Madrid can't use him for anything - not that Spurs would necessarily be interested anyway.

b) People, quite legitimately, questioning whether Ledley would make a good coach. But they don't seem to be expressing the same reservations about Carvalho. Do they know something I don't? As far as I am aware, he has no more proved himself as a coach than Ledley has.

Agreed. Indeed people are talking as it being Portuguese is sufficient criteria to become a coach at Spurs these days

i remember Petit saying something similar when we tried to sign him from Barca

makes Campbell look even more of a **** when foreign players with no real ties to the clubs get the rivalries

yeah but weve done ok by having Gallas and Ade at Spurs despite their scum connections

It wouldn't surprise me mate tbh but I reckon Arry will bide his time and wait for someone like Di Matteo to fail first...

Not exactly ITK, but i met soloman kalou today...

Amazingly, his nephew is in my class at the primary school i work at! He is actually a very nice guy, spoke about how much he'll miss england, and seeing his nephew, and that he had an offer from arsenal but respected chelsea fans too much to join arsenal (this followed a high five by me!) he donated a signed chelsea shirt to auction at my school

You work in a primary school??????!!!!!!!!!!!=;:-k:evil:

To go back to Lloris we must do our utmost to sign him. I know Friedel had a fine season for us last year but surely only has one season left. There is little chance that a keeper of Lloris class will be available next summer so go and get him now. Could be our keeper for the next ten seasons.

From the Goat over at SC:

Nothing earth-shattering but several things are getting much closer.

Moutinho is very close to being done and unless there's a major u-turn then he'll be replacing Modric. Lloris is also now very close and looks like it should happen. The reason Ade is so cheap is that Emirates Marketing Project are desperate to sell before RVP arrives. Finally, the Carvalho link is true (as a player, not as a coach).

Would love it if this was true. Would give us reasonable enough money to put towards a proper Ade back-up.

Out of interest - do you think that buying two strikers and only having two strikers on the book is enough?

I wouldnt even be happy with just Ade and Defoe as our strikers. Im looking for three strikers on our books. Two top quality strikers and Defoe.

What will the Luka/Moutinho fees be?

I'll plump for £36m and £26m.

I want at least ATLEAST 35m for Modric. We would have to buy Moutinho (only suitable replacement really) and maybe 25m. Leaves us with 10m to put forward for another forward maybe right wing forward

Looking at how good of a price we seem to get players for, wouldn't surprise me if its more in the £15-18m region.

I don't really know Portuguese football that well, this Moutinho fella' an adequate replacement IF Modders leaves?

I want at least ATLEAST 35m for Modric. We would have to buy Moutinho (only suitable replacement really) and maybe 25m. Leaves us with 10m to put forward for another forward maybe right wing forward

A Striker that could play right or left wing forward would be perfect.

In my opinion we're still lacking cover for Bale/Lennon

Back