• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really. He just works harder and is more determined.

I think Fletcher is underrated by those who don't properly watch him. He is a very cute passer of the ball, his movement is good and as we know, works ridiculously hard.

when Jenas has the ball he seems to have zero awareness of his team mates who aren't in a 5 yard radius of him - so many times he plays the wrong pass or holds on to the ball when others are making good runs off of him, it's infuriating.

If we end up with Lloris, Naughton, Caulker, Vertonghen, Moutinho, Sigurdsson and Ade coming into the squad, with Charlie/Niko/Luka and other fringe players going .... would we be stronger than last season or not?

no King or Gallas either

so far, we are no better than last season, thats why all the excitement is a bit premature imo

i think Levy is hoping AVB gets more out of the players than Redknapp could.

ReadingFC News @ReadingFC__News
Strong rumours #readingfc have agreed a fee with #THFC and terms with Jermaine Defoe. It's now up to the player. #HTFC#MovingOn

Would love it if this was true. Would give us reasonable enough money to put towards a proper Ade back-up.

Good news for Pav lol

[h=1]Russia target Harry[/h]
redknapp_1545098a.jpg
FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE ... could Harry Redknapp be back in work soon?

By DAVID COVERDALE

Published: Today at 15:12

[h=3]HARRY REDKNAPP is a shock contender to replace dingdong Advocaat as the new Russia head coach.[/h]
24 comments

The former Tottenham manager is one of 13 candidates surprisingly revealed today by the Russian FA.
Redknapp, 65, openly admitted he was keen for a swift return to management after he was sensationally axed by Spurs last month.
And Russia could present him with that chance after he was today named on a shortlist which also includes ex-England boss Fabio Capello and former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.
Other candidates announced on the Russian FA's website include ex-Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola and World Cup-winning Italy boss Marcello Lippi.
Athletic Bilbao manager Marcelo Bielsa and Russian coaches Anatoliy Byshovets, Valery Gazzaev, Andrey Kobelev, Yuri Krasnozhan, Valery Nepomnyashchy, Nikolai Pisarev and Yuri Semin complete an extensive list of names.
Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini had been heavily linked with the position but the Italian yesterday signed a new five-year deal with the Premier League champions.

Just as an aside to the above I think we will start to see fewer and fewer Brazilian players leave Brazil for Europe. The Brazilian economy is absolutely booming, eating Europe alive. There has been some ridiculous business deals taking place over there in the last year or two and Rio has become a major international commercial insurance hub to rival London. Brazilian clubs have started to see massive sponsorship and TV rights deals as Brazilians get richer and move out of the slums their massive population and appetite for football comes into play. The sponsors are also willing to pick up the tab for expensive signings and you have seen an increasing disinclination by Brazilian talent to leave for Europe - they can make as much money in brazil now and don't want to live so far from home. Neymar and Ganso have been around for a few years now and 5 years ago would be in Europe by now. They're not and neither are likely to come over any time soon. I also think Brazilian clubs will start taking the cream of s. American talent and may even start taking European players over there

Too rival London?

Lol

good news for pav lol

[h=1]russia target harry[/h]
redknapp_1545098a.jpg
from russia with love ... Could harry redknapp be back in work soon?

By david coverdale

published: Today at 15:12

[h=3]harry redknapp is a shock contender to replace dingdong advocaat as the new russia head coach.[/h]
24 comments

the former tottenham manager is one of 13 candidates surprisingly revealed today by the russian fa.
Redknapp, 65, openly admitted he was keen for a swift return to management after he was sensationally axed by spurs last month.
And russia could present him with that chance after he was today named on a shortlist which also includes ex-england boss fabio capello and former liverpool manager rafa benitez.
Other candidates announced on the russian fa's website include ex-barcelona coach pep guardiola and world cup-winning italy boss marcello lippi.
Athletic bilbao manager marcelo bielsa and russian coaches anatoliy byshovets, valery gazzaev, andrey kobelev, yuri krasnozhan, valery nepomnyashchy, nikolai pisarev and yuri semin complete an extensive list of names.
Emirates Marketing Project boss roberto mancini had been heavily linked with the position but the italian yesterday signed a new five-year deal with the premier league champions.
lol redkurring nightmare for pav

Close friends with him?

Wouldn't go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine for the same reason FFS!!!

The idea he'll be in Kazan, Dagestan and other outposts watching Russians it utterly laughable. Hidinck was living in a 5 star hotel full time iirc. Ain't gonna happen in a million years.

Not exactly ITK, but i met soloman kalou today...

Amazingly, his nephew is in my class at the primary school i work at! He is actually a very nice guy, spoke about how much he'll miss england, and seeing his nephew, and that he had an offer from arsenal but respected chelsea fans too much to join arsenal (this followed a high five by me!) he donated a signed chelsea shirt to auction at my school

Not exactly ITK, but i met soloman kalou today...

Amazingly, his nephew is in my class at the primary school i work at! He is actually a very nice guy, spoke about how much he'll miss england, and seeing his nephew, and that he had an offer from arsenal but respected chelsea fans too much to join arsenal (this followed a high five by me!) he donated a signed chelsea shirt to auction at my school

i remember Petit saying something similar when we tried to sign him from Barca

makes Campbell look even more of a **** when foreign players with no real ties to the clubs get the rivalries

Back