• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Cobra

22nd June 2012
RE : AVB
Probability : 6/10

Info : right, since starting this thread I have received a few bits of 'info' mainly through twitter and the occasional message on here. Most of it just repeats stuff already out there so haven't posted, but have just had some interesting info from someone who claims to have seen paperwork.

I'm calling this source The Cobra - I feel TFC needs a more menacing creature than a goat.

Anyway, apparently AVB done

Will be announced on 1st July.

Can't be much more precise than that

===

30th June 2012
RE : Incoming and Salaries
Probability : 7/10

Info : This was passed on to me a few days ago, but was too busy to post... anyway...

Have been told that...

The investment is coming, it's too down the line now for it not to.

AVB on £4.5m a year and Bale is now on £90k a week.
We're now signing Ade and putting him on £120k - the money is coming."

===

2nd July 2012
RE : Bentley and Jenas
Probabilty : 8/10

Info : Bentley to Fulham, and JJ to Southampton... just up to the players

===

4th July 2012
RE : Glyfi Sigurdsson and Investment

Info : Sig should be unveiled at lodge by. Thurs and Verts at weekend.... Bigger news tomorrow tho. Press been embargoed on investment... should be about £200M[/quote]

I'd be very happy if we miss out on Lloris but get Butland.

Silly thing is, I've seen very little of Lloris and absolutely nothing of Butland! So there's no real justification for my opinion. It's just that I've read such lavish praise for Butland and I can't believe that a 19 year old kid with no experience above League 1 level (or is it League 2?) would be picked for the senior England squad unless he truly is special.

That and the fact that I've also read that Lloris is a bit dodgy on crosses - hardly ideal for the PL.

Silly, isn't it, how opinions can be formed on such little substance. Does anyone else find themselves doing similar?

4th July 2012

Info : Sig should be unveiled at lodge by. Thurs and Verts at weekend.... Bigger news tomorrow tho. Press been embargoed on investment... should be about £200M

That would pay for the remainder of the stadium.. if other sources have been correct thus far.. \o/

Jamie ‏@Gnr_AcDc
@akqayid Are you 100% sure Vertonghen will be a Tottenham player come Monday?

akqayid ‏@akqayid
@Gnr_AcDc no. I am however 100% he'll be a spurs player before Monday

bring on the Vert

If this big announcement actually comes in the end and stadium financing is in place, whatever else we do this summer pales in comparison. Play Defoe as a lone striker for all I care.

Midfielder when Modric leaves will be paid for by his fee.

The rest will be paids for by selling deadwood.

At 7m, if he's thought to be good enough you can't really pass up a goalkeeper, especially if we're just going to have to buy one next year anyway.

Edit: or we could wait until next season and they could just charge us far more.

Agree with all this. Butland could become our Joe Hart. I know its a gamble at £7m, but sometimes you have to speculate

I'd be very happy if we miss out on Lloris but get Butland.

Silly thing is, I've seen very little of Lloris and absolutely nothing of Butland! So there's no real justification for my opinion. It's just that I've read such lavish praise for Butland and I can't believe that a 19 year old kid with no experience above League 1 level (or is it League 2?) would be picked for the senior England squad unless he truly is special.

That and the fact that I've also read that Lloris is a bit dodgy on crosses - hardly ideal for the PL.

Silly, isn't it, how opinions can be formed on such little substance. Does anyone else find themselves doing similar?

I want them both!

Butland only played in a few League 1 or 2 games last year. Even if he sent back on loan for a year with Birmingham in the Championship, the year after he would prob then have a year at a lower PL club. In that time Lloris or whoever else could've come in been great for the first year then made an error and lost all confidence and been hounded out just in time for Butland to step up lol

The Cobra

Anyway, apparently AVB done

Will be announced on 1st July.

Can't be much more precise than that

He would have if he had said it would be announced on July 3rd. When AVB actually WAS announced!

But admittedly, the ITK looks pretty good if they were actually posted on those dates. If they were all he posted, even better but for all I know he could have said Modric to Madrid on 2nd July, Ba to Spurs 3rd July etc. Looks like a 50% success rate so far from what you posted.

I want them both!

Butland only played in a few League 1 or 2 games last year. Even if he sent back on loan for a year with Birmingham in the Championship, the year after he would prob then have a year at a lower PL club. In that time Lloris or whoever else could've come in been great for the first year then made an error and lost all confidence and been hounded out just in time for Butland to step up lol

This. We need a conveyor belt of keepers as none of them last more than 2 seasons at this club before turning to brick.

F#ck me this could rapidly turn into a Carlsberg week for Spurs, especially if the news of Ade and Vert comes true

Throw in the £200m investment and Modric stays and it would have been a week to remember

4th July 2012

Info : Sig should be unveiled at lodge by. Thurs and Verts at weekend.... Bigger news tomorrow tho. Press been embargoed on investment... should be about £200M

That would pay for the remainder of the stadium.. if other sources have been correct thus far.. \o/

but verts situation isn't within our control ... its well documented its something between psv and his agent.
and why should the press be embargoed when spurs is no longer a private company?

but verts situation isn't within our control ... its well documented its something between psv and his agent.
and why should the press be embargoed when spurs is no longer a private company?

I know they're rivals of Ajax and all, but :eek:

No idea, not sure on the inner workings of press legality.

oh and it's Ajax.

@FreshFootball: Rumours that an unnamed club have tabled a £12m bid for Walcott. Thought to be Liverpool or Chelsea.

How much would that make RVP worth?

'Giovanni dos Santos says he wants to leave Tottenham Hotspur and return to Spanish football.

Dos Santos has made just two Premier League starts since joining Spurs, being sent on loan to Racing Santander, Galatasaray and Ipswich in that time.

"I want to return to Spain," he says to ESPN Radio. "There is a new coach at Tottenham, a new season is starting and it is clear to me that I want to return to Spanish football."'

'Giovanni dos Santos says he wants to leave Tottenham Hotspur and return to Spanish football.

Dos Santos has made just two Premier League starts since joining Spurs, being sent on loan to Racing Santander, Galatasaray and Ipswich in that time.

"I want to return to Spain," he says to ESPN Radio. "There is a new coach at Tottenham, a new season is starting and it is clear to me that I want to return to Spanish football."'

mutiny at Spurs already:)

Back