• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive often though Defoe could do a passable job as a winger. He has the close control, the burst of pace and also a cracking cross on him.

I wonder if wing forward would in fact suit him?

He isnt down the middle, so is less likely to get muscled out. He is in pockets of space around the edges of the area, places where he works well. He would be able to get involved in team play more, something he has been improving at...

He would make a really good wing forward, but it won't work as he's a selfish little fecker and won't adapt to suit the team. He wants to be the goal scorer, it's all that matters to him.

akqayid @akqayid

So to clear up any PMs I've had over the past 24 hours Ade is good. He knows it's the best team hes ever played for. Verts Bags are packed.

He would make a really good wing forward, but it won't work as he's a selfish little fecker and won't adapt to suit the team. He wants to be the goal scorer, it's all that matters to him.

I dont think thats fair at all. The last few seasons he has made huge efforts to improve his team/hold up play.

Could work kind of like Hulk who always shifts inside and has a powerful long range shot on him? Like others said, all round game has improved also.....

Bloody hell, could we possibly be on the verge of having signed a midfielder defender AND striker at the start of July?

I call gonad*s, it's not the Tottenham way.

Maybe last summer yeah or maybe next but not this summer we've got far too many positions to address forwards centre back midfielder if Modric leaves

Midfielder when Modric leaves will be paid for by his fee.

The rest will be paids for by selling deadwood.

At 7m, if he's thought to be good enough you can't really pass up a goalkeeper, especially if we're just going to have to buy one next year anyway.

Edit: or we could wait until next season and they could just charge us far more.

Our double raids usually work out well. Buy one, get one extra. And the extra one is the best one.

Etherington - Davis
Reid - Dawson
Naughton - Walker

Did we get Hudd as part of a double buy too? I may be wrong, but my memory of it was that we got him and another player at the same time. Does anyone remember?

Did we get Hudd as part of a double buy too? I may be wrong, but my memory of it was that we got him and another player at the same time. Does anyone remember?

We got Hudd from Derby, didn't we? don't remember getting anyone else from them.

But seriously this forum is gonna be on its knees before august at this rate with all the proposed transfer activity... Also if we get striker and defender now I would welcome a deadline day VDV style transfer ;)

akqayid ‏@akqayid
So to clear up any PMs I've had over the past 24 hours Ade is good. He knows it's the best team hes ever played for. Verts Bags are packed

Besiktas are said to be preparing a loan bid for Emmanuel Adebayor, with the option to secure a long term contract at the end of next season

on Vertonghen AKA Beryl

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
B.e.r.y.l

and

From JJetset re Vertonghen

Andre Mitrovski ‏@AaronLennon10
Vertonghen: "I want to join Spurs before their season gets underway, their training starts on monday, so who knows."

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
@AaronLennon10 I think he will!!

The Vert speculation is bloody ridiculous. He is 100% certain to be a Spurs player come the start of the season. All the whataboutery is just drama queen stuff at this stage.

so he's saying Verts done by Monday.

Please GHod let it be true, he does seem a bit accurate... he said AVB on Tuesday (albeit an easy Guess after Monday was quiet) and he said Sig annouced yesterday... bleeeeurgh stop making me believe!

We got Hudd from Derby, didn't we? don't remember getting anyone else from them.

Wayne Routledge C Palace £1,250,000 01 Jul, 2005
Tom Huddlestone Derby £2,500,000 01 Jul, 2005
Aaron Lennon Leeds £1,000,000 01 Jul, 2005
Teemu Tainio Auxerre Free 01 Jul, 2005
Mounir El Hamdaoui Excelsior Free 01 Jul, 2005
Radek Cerny Slavia Prague Signed 01 Jul, 2005

might have seemed like it, if the dates are correct.

Wayne Routledge C Palace £1,250,000 01 Jul, 2005
Tom Huddlestone Derby £2,500,000 01 Jul, 2005
Aaron Lennon Leeds £1,000,000 01 Jul, 2005
Teemu Tainio Auxerre Free 01 Jul, 2005
Mounir El Hamdaoui Excelsior Free 01 Jul, 2005
Radek Cerny Slavia Prague Signed 01 Jul, 2005

might have seemed like it, if the dates are correct.

I absolutely loved that window, and the one before it. Arnesen did well while he was here. Looked at what the squad needed, went out and got the players that would fill the gaps.

We need wingers - bang. We need some clever passers in the middle - bang. And the summer before it was that we needed legs in the middle - bang - how about Davis, Mendes and Carrick.

I think we're gonna see a window kind of like that this summer.

Back