• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Redmond would be great like for like for Lennon and Bale whilst Butland who is very highly rated could get coached well by Friedel as well as being bedded into the team at a young age.

And lets face it Birmingham have got a good record in recent years when it comes to the development of young English Keepers.

Will Defoe stay? and will he be converted into a RW?

I still think personally that Remy would be more suited to the right side of a 4-3-3 but everyone seems adamant he would be an out and out striker. That's if we get him of course.

I would not mind seeing Ade come back in but he has to improve on his finishing. He could have quite easily got 25 goals last season.

We have one striker at the club at the moment in Defoe. I think we need two strikers - one is suicide as Indian Spur said. Ade I like and would definitely bring him in but we do need one more top quality striker.

Last season if Ade got injured we were buggered we were so dependent on him it was untrue.

Will Defoe stay? and will he be converted into a RW?

I still think personally that Remy would be more suited to the right side of a 4-3-3 but everyone seems adamant he would be an out and out striker. That's if we get him of course.

I would not mind seeing Ade come back in but he has to improve on his finishing. He could have quite easily got 25 goals last season.

I can't see a future for Defoe at Spurs. He has never been able to play the lone striker and inside forward is not his thing either. Time to sell on while he is still worth something.

Mind you that would leave us with no strikers at the club. fudge it, 6 midfielder is the way forward anyway.

Arsenal are close to completing a deal for Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, according to reports in France.

talksport revealed earlier this week that the Gunners were on the verge of launching a £12m bid for the France captain, who has been told he can leave Lyon by club chairman Jean-Michel Aulas.
French newspaper L’Equipe claims that the two clubs have reached an agreement, with Lyon waiting to identify a replacement for the 25-year-old before making the deal official.
Ludivine Sagna, the wife of Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna, hinted that a deal may be on the cards after writing a revealing message on her Twitter page.
"Really hope my friend Marine Lloris will come to #arsenal?," wrote Ludivine Sagna.
Lloris, 25, is rated as one of the finest goalkeepers in Europe after four impressive seasons at the Stade de Gerland.
The impending deal will provide a boost for despondent Arsenal fans, who have been rocked by the news that captain Robin Van Persie will not sign a new contract at the club.

Arsenal are close to completing a deal for Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, according to reports in France.

talksport revealed earlier this week that the Gunners were on the verge of launching a £12m bid for the France captain, who has been told he can leave Lyon by club chairman Jean-Michel Aulas.
French newspaper L’Equipe claims that the two clubs have reached an agreement, with Lyon waiting to identify a replacement for the 25-year-old before making the deal official.
Ludivine Sagna, the wife of Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna, hinted that a deal may be on the cards after writing a revealing message on her Twitter page.
"Really hope my friend Marine Lloris will come to #arsenal?," wrote Ludivine Sagna.
Lloris, 25, is rated as one of the finest goalkeepers in Europe after four impressive seasons at the Stade de Gerland.
The impending deal will provide a boost for despondent Arsenal fans, who have been rocked by the news that captain Robin Van Persie will not sign a new contract at the club.

Do they need a keeper?

SCZEZXYZXSXSS is decent aint he?

I can see Defoe leaving but only after we secure at least one new Striker at the club. If I had to name one player at the club that I felt does not fit into AVB's typical formation then Defoe would be the one that comes to mind, he's far too limited for anything other than a poacher role, that and the SWEEPER KEEPER.

Meh, a good keeper if he goes, and I'd be happy with him as long as he suited the AVB style of play, but it doesn't actually improve them all that much since it was only a short while ago Chesney was being talked about as one of the best young keepers in the world and was even linked with Barca.

So even if Chesney wasn't as good as made out, it's only a minor upgrade, doesn't set them miles ahead of us and is no great loss.

That said, does L'Equipe often get things wrong? I know they are well respected, but I'm sure they've made claims before that haven't come true.

Huge vote of confidence from Sagna, sure Szvcweiofjdfs will be overjoyed his team mate wants to replace him.

I can't see a future for Defoe at Spurs. He has never been able to play the lone striker and inside forward is not his thing either. Time to sell on while he is still worth something.

Mind you that would leave us with no strikers at the club. fudge it, 6 midfielder is the way forward anyway.

Ive often though Defoe could do a passable job as a winger. He has the close control, the burst of pace and also a cracking cross on him.

I wonder if wing forward would in fact suit him?

He isnt down the middle, so is less likely to get muscled out. He is in pockets of space around the edges of the area, places where he works well. He would be able to get involved in team play more, something he has been improving at...

I don't see that happening. As others have said they have Szczesny who's young and a tad error prone but has footballing potential. I reckon Wengers got other areas on the pitch that needs strengthing way before spending 12m on a new Goalkeeper.

After already making one signing 7mill on a young keeper to loan out is far too much of our transfer budget to be Paying

Ive often though Defoe could do a passable job as a winger. He has the close control, the burst of pace and also a cracking cross on him.

I wonder if wing forward would in fact suit him?

He isnt down the middle, so is less likely to get muscled out. He is in pockets of space around the edges of the area, places where he works well. He would be able to get involved in team play more, something he has been improving at...

Sort of like Sturridge last season. Might work.

Edit: I always though that Jenas should have been a winger too. He doesn't have the big picture in his head to be a top midfielder but has the attributes for playing the wing I always thought.

After already making one signing 7mill on a young keeper to loan out is far too much of our transfer budget to be Paying

Erm. No.

7m for a keeper who is at the age of 19 is a perfectly fine amount to spend. He could be our keeper for 10+ years.

The only question is whether or not he is (or will be) good enough.

Edit: I always though that Jenas should have been a winger too. He doesn't have the big picture in his head to be a top midfielder but has the attributes for playing the wing I always thought.

I thought this too... there was 1 game when he got shoved out on the right and he was up and down and getting involved in counter-attacks. Not sure why he never got another game out wide after that?
(can't remember when this was though.. must be 5 odd years ago now)

Erm. No.

7m for a keeper who is at the age of 19 is a perfectly fine amount to spend. He could be our keeper for 10+ years.

The only question is whether or not he is (or will be) good enough.

Maybe last summer yeah or maybe next but not this summer we've got far too many positions to address forwards centre back midfielder if Modric leaves

A lot like that I guess. Im not saying he would be sensational there but I do think he could do a job for sure

Back