• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it not paid off yet though? Or at the very least, are they not reaping some rewards that come from a new stadium? Surely it can't all be funnelled into paying it off while at the same time severely hampering their ability in the transfer market? If us and Chelsea have our act together for example, we could lock them out of the CL spaces, and that's without considering Liverpool getting back to where they were. I just can't believe they would set it up so that they would be at a disadvantage like this...when exactly are they supposed to benefit from the stadium?

And considering they were title contenders and have dropped to 4th place contenders, will we as 4th place contenders have to be content with 8+ years of being top 8 contenders while we fail to compete? How long exactly will it be before we would actually reap the benefits of the new stadium? 2025? It could be far too late by then.

Thing is, I'm sure the ultimate plan at the club is to get the stadium built and that this will ultimately allow us to compete with clubs with bigger finances. But Arsenal have the plush stadium, the turnover, and yet show no signs of reaping the benefits. I'd like to think we have a plan in place that we don't have have to suffer like they have.

same risks apply to any football club including us. compared to other businesses, football clubs is considered very risky. loss of star player, coach or even "mojo" can change the clubs fortunes significantly. as for arsenal's funding, it was really down to bad timing. the business out look was very poor when it was time for them to sell stadium name and shirt sponsorships, and to sell all that property that they developed. I'm sure there is a big difference between "forecast" and "actual" in their new stadium project.

I've never seen the matrix but this is what I believe it to be like

It's just like that scene in the second matrix where that white-bearded dude in the suit uses really big vocabulary to talk about nothing at all (except the typical Spurs ITK uses infinitesimal lexicon and abhorrent grammar instead to talk about nothing).

[video=youtube;XnzlZ7nso_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnzlZ7nso_8[/video]

2049415116.jpg

Wedge Antilles

Gareth-Bale-joins-the-lik-007.jpg

Luke Skywalker

And so on and so forth....

It's just like that scene in the second matrix where that white-bearded dude in the suit uses really big vocabulary to talk about nothing at all (except the typical Spurs ITK uses infinitesimal lexicon and abhorrent grammar instead to talk about nothing).

Without actually knowing what your talking about, reading between the lines I like what you did their.

Itk's remind me of psychics. Vague, talk alot without saying much and some people will swear by them

Aguero is fairly well built, I wouldnt say he's slight like Modric/Silva etc

Aguero has thunder thighs, modders = thunder calves. For south americans coming to us they need time to adapt to the speed of the game, i'll never forget that one game sandro was dawdling and got robbed (his debut ?) and the oppo scored... He never did that again ! And lest we forget (i have, can't recall his name right now)our other brazilian signing who blundered in one game and then scored ? Over the hill, never had time on his side.

The frogs actually do better coming into the english game, not so many germans, but who will ever forget our Klinsy !

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Robin van Persie's decision not to sign a new contract at Arsenal could pave the way for a £220k-a-week move to Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Daily Mirror

But Manchester United are also interested in the 28-year-old Dutchman and are hoping they can lure him to Old Trafford.

Full story: Daily Mail

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson wants to splash out £30m on Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura, 19, who is also a target for Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Mark Hateley has urged Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 23, to leave Liverpool and join AC Milan saying he would become a better all-round player if he did.

Full story: talkSPORT

Italy star Andrea Pirlo has told Mario Balotelli, 21, to join him at Juventus, after revealing he knows exactly how to get the best out of the Emirates Marketing Project striker.

Full story: The Metro

Swansea's new manager Michael Laudrup is planning moves for Genoa centre-back Chico, 25, and Villarreal midfielder Jonathan de Guzman, 24, with the pair having played under him at Real Mallorca.

Full story: Daily Star

Sunderland have joined the race to sign Ajax star Vurnon Anita, 23, according to sources in the Netherlands. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have already had a bid of about £4.5m rejected.

Full story: The Chronicle

Former Real Madrid star Guti, 35, is training with West Ham ahead of a potential free transfer.

Anderson

Anderson could be set to return to Portugal

Benfica are weighing up a move for Manchester United midfielder Anderson, 24, according to reports in Portugal.

Full story: talkSPORT

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are closing in on the signature of Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy, 26, despite Inter Milan's attempts to try and hijack the deal.

Fulham are ready to move for Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson, 32, after his move to Turkish club Besiktas stalled.

OTHER GOSSIP

Roberto Di Matteo says it is wrong to brand his Chelsea side as negative just because they "parked the bus" in their Champions League ties with Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is unlikely to be back for pre-season training as he tries to overcome a chronic bowel condition.

Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio says fellow Italian and Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario Balotelli needs some "slaps" to turn him into a team player.

Full story: Daily Star
AND FINALLY...

Spain defender Alvaro Arbeloa was so desperate to celebrate their Euro 2012 win with the fans that he jumped off the team bus.

Former Real Madrid star Guti, 35, is training with West Ham ahead of a potential free transfer.

What's he ever done to think he's good enough for West Ham?

What's he ever done to think he's good enough for West Ham?

Is this a joke? In his day Guti was absolute class!

I realise he had a go at Modric/Tottenham, but questioning his ability/pedigree is misinformed, IMO.

Is this a joke? In his day Guti was absolute class!

I realise he had a go at Modric/Tottenham, but questioning his ability/pedigree is misinformed, IMO.

It's a joke, but Guti was NEVER world class. He was just lucky enough to come through the ranks at Real.

Not so. TalkSport regularly have press officers ringing them up, either directly representing clubs or more often agencies representing players; sometimes to address something which has been broadcast, other times to actually feed something which they want to be broadcast. Donna Cullen did a lot of it when we were embroiled in the Stratford site fiasco.

I've known him over 30 years. Trust me, if he says this claim is flimflam then yes - it IS flimflam.

:)...I presume that goes for managers who need a voice too, right?!!!!!!!!!!!! We know that's true don't we...

Aguero has thunder thighs, modders = thunder calves. For south americans coming to us they need time to adapt to the speed of the game, i'll never forget that one game sandro was dawdling and got robbed (his debut ?) and the oppo scored... He never did that again ! And lest we forget (i have, can't recall his name right now)our other brazilian signing who blundered in one game and then scored ? Over the hill, never had time on his side.

The frogs actually do better coming into the english game, not so many germans, but who will ever forget our Klinsy !

that was away at Bolton when we lost 4 - 2. Sandri got robbed twice and was hauled of at half time.

Not so. TalkSport regularly have press officers ringing them up, either directly representing clubs or more often agencies representing players; sometimes to address something which has been broadcast, other times to actually feed something which they want to be broadcast. Donna Cullen did a lot of it when we were embroiled in the Stratford site fiasco.

I've known him over 30 years. Trust me, if he says this claim is flimflam then yes - it IS flimflam.

the gonad*ing part is probably flimflame, but Brazil definitely knows something and has decided not to say anymore. Maybe his info is wrong, who knows, but Irani was baiting him yesterday morning and Brazil wouldnt bite and reveal the blow your socks off news...

its like this morning, Brazil has come out with a snippet that he has heard Walcott to Spurs is a definite possibility. He hears lots of things from the circles he mixes in (gets pi$$ed with) and he shares some of the info with the listeners, whether there is any truth there or not.

So id say he definitely has some "blow your socks off news" but has decided to hold back for now

Back