• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, is this an early contender for the thread to replace " serious relegation fears" with "Oh Crap - The Exodus Has Started (Serious Fears)" then GB?

That's terribly "last season". Brave new world now... Aldous Huxley time! :lol:

Last edited:
The Alnwick thing is done, but why are we now talking about VdV transfer in here?

We have a whole Rumour thread for that, FFS!!

Serious infraction fears.

Agent_ITK (@Agent_ITK)
04/07/2012 22:28
Expecting Oscar to be announced next week, some haggling over the fee/add ons to be done. #THFC #Spurs #Football #Tottenham

Good shout. Brazilians will always be hit and miss in the Premier League though.

South Americans in general are good enough. You have the likes of Tevez and Aguero who show you that. Aguero also shows you that you don't need to be quite stocky like Tevez to succeed to physicality of the game neither, he has unbelievable balance which Oscar looks like he has,

The Alnwick thing is done, but why are we now talking about VdV transfer in here?

We have a whole Rumour thread for that, FFS!!

Serious infraction fears.

At a guess I'd say because the title of the thread doesn't actually mention Alnwick and therefore can be taken as this being the first of a few players leaving. Not quite sure why the OP felt the need to take a dig at the previous Manager mind you.

South Americans in general are good enough. You have the likes of Tevez and Aguero who show you that. Aguero also shows you that you don't need to be quite stocky like Tevez to succeed to physicality of the game neither, he has unbelievable balance which Oscar looks like he has,

Aguero is fairly well built, I wouldnt say he's slight like Modric/Silva etc

im sure there are plenty of examples to the contrary mate - Junhinio springs to mind and although not South American our own Luka Modric was written off as not being up to the rigors of the Premier League

......along with a certain Osvaldo Cesar Ardiles, who I remember was also written off; and this is when teams often had to play on pitches that resembled ploughed fields?

Sandro, Ramires, Elano, Geovanni, Robinho, Gilberto Silva.

You do get the odd stinker like Kleberson or Roque Junior though.

A fair few of those had already gained European football experience elsewhere prior to coming to the Premiership in countries that have similar styles such as Spain, Portugal and Italy.

Good shout. Brazilians will always be hit and miss in the Premier League though.

No offence mate but that's the sort of brick a sloppy red top journalist would come out with. EVERY league produces hit and miss players when they transfer to a different country and different style of football. How many Serie A players flop in England? Aquilani, Bianchi, Sheva... How many "next big things" from Eredevisie completely bomb when they get to a bigger league? The only reason Brazilians get polarised the way they do is because, well, they're Brazilian... And EVERYONE knows that Brazilians are the best footballers, right?

I completely agree, I cant think of many Brazilians to succeed in the Premier League apart from Juninho who found himself in the cold north.

A mate of mine was a hardline Boro fan (tattoo and all, really well hard...... not) and he used to say Juninho was one of the greatest players to have played for Middlesbrough in the modern era. He was bloody good to be honest, he didn't have a problem with matches on a cold, windy, rainy night in Barnsley or Stoke. He tore a hole in our defence in the mid 90's at WHL I recall.... Juninho was a really good player who I would have been proud to see at Spurs,,, He was their Ossie.

Not too many others who could tear it up in a British winter!

thumbnail.aspx

they have no choice but to cash in

Not sure what the maths are, but if they sell Van Persie, how much do Arse stand to lose if they don't qualify for CL next year? And even if they got, say, £20m for him, would selling him cover those potential losses?

Or maybe they're thinking about running his contract down, scraping Champs League next year by gambling on him hitting another 3,457 goals in the PL, then letting him leave on a free end of next season. Thus ending with a potentially healthier return, and also giving Giroud and Polololski a season to settle in without the scary proposition of having to fill the Rapist's boots from day one.

Inter have agreed a fee with Udinese for goalkeeper Samir Handanovic

Lucio has signed for Juventus

Miguel Veloso has signed for Dynamo Kiev

A mate of mine was a hardline Boro fan (tattoo and all, really well hard...... not) and he used to say Juninho was one of the greatest players to have played for Middlesbrough in the modern era. He was bloody good to be honest, he didn't have a problem with matches on a cold, windy, rainy night in Barnsley or Stoke. He tore a hole in our defence in the mid 90's at WHL I recall.... Juninho was a really good player who I would have been proud to see at Spurs,,, He was their Ossie.

Not too many others who could tear it up in a British winter!

So if we put a squad together from say Scandinavia, and have a bitter winter. We should defently win the league?

Back