• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Inter have agreed a fee with Udinese for goalkeeper Samir Handanovic

Lucio has signed for Juventus

Miguel Veloso has signed for Dynamo Kiev
Hmm... I Wonder if signing for a Ukrainian club whilst the "honeymoon" period of the Euros is fresh on the mind is a good idea. With no Johnny Foreigners swanning about and his first harsh winter I reckon he'll be pining for a move

Not sure what the maths are, but if they sell Van Persie, how much do Arse stand to lose if they don't qualify for CL next year? And even if they got, say, £20m for him, would selling him cover those potential losses?

Or maybe they're thinking about running his contract down, scraping Champs League next year by gambling on him hitting another 3,457 goals in the PL, then letting him leave on a free end of next season. Thus ending with a potentially healthier return, and also giving Giroud and Polololski a season to settle in without the scary proposition of having to fill the Rapist's boots from day one.

Someone posted on teletext that if RVP goes to MCFC for 22m then MCFC would have given 93m to AFC in transfer fees in last 3 season... What have they spent it on? Their turnover is over 200m 2nd only to United. Yet no big signings?

Someone posted on teletext that if RVP goes to MCFC for 22m then MCFC would have given 93m to AFC in transfer fees in last 3 season... What have they spent it on? Their turnover is over 200m 2nd only to United. Yet no big signings?

It is really strange. Their commercial revenue is good, they have made all these player sales, and yet they seem to not want to spend. Where does the money go?

ITK: Akqayid

'As an FYi there supposedly IS a press embargo on something. Brazil and Talksport got gonad*ed by press office/club.

Brazil's claiming he only meant it AbV, acting all innocent now.

As Sherlock would say, something is a foot'

Supposedly something to do with 'investment'..

It is really strange. Their commercial revenue is good, they have made all these player sales, and yet they seem to not want to spend. Where does the money go?

Some to USA, some to Uzbekistan, and the rest in debt service I'd hope. Gangstas and Bankstas sucking them dry.

One thing you have to give ENIC is that they don't appear to have taken much cash out of the club. Haven't put too much in either, it's fair to say.

Is it not paid off yet though? Or at the very least, are they not reaping some rewards that come from a new stadium? Surely it can't all be funnelled into paying it off while at the same time severely hampering their ability in the transfer market? If us and Chelsea have our act together for example, we could lock them out of the CL spaces, and that's without considering Liverpool getting back to where they were. I just can't believe they would set it up so that they would be at a disadvantage like this...when exactly are they supposed to benefit from the stadium?

And considering they were title contenders and have dropped to 4th place contenders, will we as 4th place contenders have to be content with 8+ years of being top 8 contenders while we fail to compete? How long exactly will it be before we would actually reap the benefits of the new stadium? 2025? It could be far too late by then.

Thing is, I'm sure the ultimate plan at the club is to get the stadium built and that this will ultimately allow us to compete with clubs with bigger finances. But Arsenal have the plush stadium, the turnover, and yet show no signs of reaping the benefits. I'd like to think we have a plan in place that we don't have have to suffer like they have.

Is it not paid off yet though? Or at the very least, are they not reaping some rewards that come from a new stadium? Surely it can't all be funnelled into paying it off while at the same time severely hampering their ability in the transfer market? If us and Chelsea have our act together for example, we could lock them out of the CL spaces, and that's without considering Liverpool getting back to where they were. I just can't believe they would set it up so that they would be at a disadvantage like this...when exactly are they supposed to benefit from the stadium?

And considering they were title contenders and have dropped to 4th place contenders, will we as 4th place contenders have to be content with 8+ years of being top 8 contenders while we fail to compete? How long exactly will it be before we would actually reap the benefits of the new stadium? 2025? It could be far too late by then.

Thing is, I'm sure the ultimate plan at the club is to get the stadium built and that this will ultimately allow us to compete with clubs with bigger finances. But Arsenal have the plush stadium, the turnover, and yet show no signs of reaping the benefits. I'd like to think we have a plan in place that we don't have have to suffer like they have.

It's possible that their wages are hindering their ability to repay the stadium debt.

But this isn't really the thread for that discussion.. :(

ITK: Akqayid

'As an FYi there supposedly IS a press embargo on something. Brazil and Talksport got gonad*ed by press office/club.

Brazil's claiming he only meant it AbV, acting all innocent now.

As Sherlock would say, something is a foot'

Supposedly something to do with 'investment'..

Well my next door neighbours son is a producer at TalkSport.

I've just texted him to see whether there's anything in that claim, his reply "haha! complete flimflam".

Yet more attention-seeking gonad*s from 'Akqayid' then.

Well my next door neighbours son is a producer at TalkSport.

I've just texted him to see whether there's anything in that claim, his reply "haha! complete flimflam".

Yet more attention-seeking gonad*s from 'Akqayid' then.

I'm trapped in a logical loop..

I see that he says there is nothing going on, but if they did get gonad*ed on talksport, they would have been told not to tell anyone about it so of course he would have to tell you there was nothing going on.. :|

but that's exactly the same response if there was nothing going on...

I'm going to go sit in the corner and rock back and forth. Let me know when it's over.

They have practically paid off the emirates debt now

Even stranger then. What is the problem with spending? It can't just be Wenger's reluctance can it? Does he really want to not buy quality? You can kind of see a shift in policy with Arteta, Benayoun and Podolski signings, but they aren't exactly signings to make the whole world sit up and take notice.

...Sorry for taking the thread OT though guys.

He literally loves young boys!! :)

Just thinks he can build a team and doesn't need to spend. And the board have been more than happy to have a manager who wasn't asking for transfer funds funds as they delude their fan base that champs league footy every year constitutes success!! :)

I'm trapped in a logical loop..

I see that he says there is nothing going on, but if they did get gonad*ed on talksport, they would have been told not to tell anyone about it so of course he would have to tell you there was nothing going on.. :|

but that's exactly the same response if there was nothing going on...

I'm going to go sit in the corner and rock back and forth. Let me know when it's over.

Not so. TalkSport regularly have press officers ringing them up, either directly representing clubs or more often agencies representing players; sometimes to address something which has been broadcast, other times to actually feed something which they want to be broadcast. Donna Cullen did a lot of it when we were embroiled in the Stratford site fiasco.

I've known him over 30 years. Trust me, if he says this claim is flimflam then yes - it IS flimflam.

Back