• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope I dont mind people are discussing it, its a forum after all, what I dont get is what people see in Sigurdsson. I think its desperation than anything else. The guy was ok last season and im unsure why after half a season in the premiership we are going after someone. I thought we learnt our lesson about one season (half season in this case) wonders like Bentley etc.

7 mill for Sig v 15 mill for Bentley

even if it doesnt work out, its a great calculated gamble and ts very rare to find central attacking midfielders who can hit 10-15 goals a season. Siggy can

Nope I dont mind people are discussing it, its a forum after all, what I dont get is what people see in Sigurdsson. I think its desperation than anything else. The guy was ok last season and im unsure why after half a season in the premiership we are going after someone. I thought we learnt our lesson about one season (half season in this case) wonders like Bentley etc.

How often did you watch Sigurdsson?

I can understand the issue with Bentley, but to state that it means we should never buy any players based on half a season in the PL is a bit odd. If they show all the correct attributes, which i assume he has, then i would be all for the club buying him.

i sill think Carvalho will come in as AVB's first team assistant coach

Interesting. I'd not thought of that but sounds feasible. None of AVB's previous #2s are available (now managing Porto and Chelsea respectively) and we've no obvious insider candidate.

But is Carvalho willing to quit playing? Wouldn't mind a player/coach, but not assistant head coach.

Who Roger Morgan
Date 4th July
Site Spurs Odyssey

There are talks scheduled Thursday with Lloris and his father but Arsenal want him too. Micky Walsh, ex-Blackpool, is a good friend of AVB and a go between for any deals in Portugal. Don't dismiss Hulk talk, though personally I'd be amazed if he wasn't too rich for our blood. Moutinho a definite goer as Modric replacement. Got nothing on Oscar, except he's a Joorabchian player. They tried to park him at QPR in Jan on loan to get him in Europe shop window. No word on VDV. If Hamburg offer enough I think he'll go because we could prob get younger and fitter in that role

Im sticking to my opinion that Gylfi will be the nearest thing to Frank Lampard at 22 years old, if he can develop further, geez we have a player on our hands

Who Roger Morgan
Date 4th July
Site Spurs Odyssey

There are talks scheduled Thursday with Lloris and his father but Arsenal want him too. Micky Walsh, ex-Blackpool, is a good friend of AVB and a go between for any deals in Portugal. Don't dismiss Hulk talk, though personally I'd be amazed if he wasn't too rich for our blood. Moutinho a definite goer as Modric replacement. Got nothing on Oscar, except he's a Joorabchian player. They tried to park him at QPR in Jan on loan to get him in Europe shop window. No word on VDV. If Hamburg offer enough I think he'll go because we could prob get younger and fitter in that role

Really? Arsenal?

What happened to their world class potential young goalkeeper? :lol:

But is Carvalho willing to quit playing? Wouldn't mind a player/coach, but not assistant head coach.

he is 34 or 35, his body is giving up, there is no way he is ready for the rigours of the Premier League at this moment in time

in an interview recently he said very nice things about AVB, imo he would be an important bridge between the players and AVB. Plus more importantly he would be a choice of AVB as assistant coach. At Chelsea, RDM was chosen by the club/Abramovich ,which was another negative for AVB.

we shall see anyway

Appratenyly WHU are signing Krasic from Juventus today, if true this has amazed me..

Allardyce has the ability to pull out some very interesting signings.....Okocha and Djorkaeff were two of his best

7 mill for Sig v 15 mill for Bentley

even if it doesnt work out, its a great calculated gamble and ts very rare to find central attacking midfielders who can hit 10-15 goals a season. Siggy can

Yeah but a) 7m is still 7m we dont exactly have the finances to just go splashing out 7m. Id rather out 7m for a GK or 7m towards strikers etc. b) Wages are also calculated in this although a different budget entirely it is still money.

I guess im going on the basis that we are still playing 442 which obviously we will not so he may settle in a 433 formation.

Spursalot - I havent seen too much and thats why im trying to understand what people see in him. I have seen him a bit predominantly for Reading a couple of years back and he did striker me as a decent player. From what I have seen of him he is just that - a decent player. We have enough decent players like Thudd, Parker etc but what we need are the three or four players that will get us up there fighting against the likes of Chelscum etc.

Like I say maybe in a 433 he will fit in.

As for the Bentley issue I guess it just makes me weary about how we are actually buyin players. Im not saying we should never buy players based on half a season but im weary.

Who Roger Morgan
Date 4th July
Site Spurs Odyssey

all this will be in a paper tomorrow....ol' Roger knows a journo thats for sure, was proven a while back

very much doubt Arse want Lloris. Wenger will certainly not pay over 8-10 mill for a keeper, especially when he has a very good young one already at the club as his number one. Its laughable to even mention Arse in the Lloris transfer. Must be the agent whipping up competition

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Am told that Tottenham transfer budget is €30m plus proceeds from sales. Hence pragmatic decisions on selling Modric & Van der Vaart. #THFC

all this will be in a paper tomorrow....ol' Roger knows a journo thats for sure, was proven a while back

very much doubt Arse want Lloris. Wenger will certainly not pay over 8-10 mill for a keeper, especially when he has a very good young one already at the club as his number one. Its laughable to even mention Arse in the Lloris transfer. Must be the agent whipping up competition

Whose that?

Back