• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It doesn't matter how many years he has left on his contract; That doesn't effect us, That effects the selling club.

At the end of the day; Vertonghen for ?ú9-?ú15mill on a long contract; No brainer!
If we wait then Milan or some other club will sign him.

That does Affect us, That Affects the selling club.

Affects.

Is he better than Pav, Saha and Gio? Yes.

That's pretty much enough for me. As RF/ 2nd or 3rd choice CF. Perfect.

If he's supposed to be an alternative to Ade though (rather than in addition), then definitely no.

He should not be an alternative to Ade simply because his game i snot based on hold the ball up. If we sign Remy we still need to sign a player capable of holding the ball up - Ade or an alternative.

Hope we keep an eye on Olivier Giroud as well though,
he's the better of them and far more suited for english football and our team.
Rumours of a 9.5m release clause and Saudi Sportswashing Machine being interested.

Who said anything about "serious" business? What is "serious" business?

We could have made smart, considered moves to strengthen within our budget areas of the squad sorely lacking in depth but heavily relied upon for our playing style.

Common sense.

Are you talking squad players or strengthening the first team? If it is thy latter, then this has been the hardest two years to do so that I can remember unless you want to pay massively over the odds.

His name sounds like something from a cryptic crossword, an anagram or worse:

Recoil, my strikers in the mix (4,4)

Sounds as though this French Forward may like creamy cheeses (4,4)

Who: The Goat
When: 18th may
Where: SC

NOT from our usual source but from a respected poster on SC who can do without the aggro of posting this. He's hearing Bale wants away no matter what happens regarding CL with United, Madrid and Barca the likely destinations.

Regarding the above. Apologies, I was in a hurry and worded it badly.

NOT from our usual source but from a respected poster on SC who can do without the aggro of posting this. The poster in question was left in no doubt that his source is convinced Bale is off, regardless of the outcome of the CL final with United, Madrid and Barca all interested.

from another forum

I've voted yes although I'm beginning to get very concerned about our club being slowly Wengerised. This would be another French player. Make this the last.

Au revoir.

The Sun posts an article about Remy's previous heart problems, followed 5 minutes later by a tweet from @Agent_ITK:

Loic Remy's medical is going to be a big, big factor in his transfer to #Spurs going through

What the fudge is going on with this site?

I start the biggest OMT of our season and that gets merged inside 10 minutes

And yet this piece of quality continues to exist

:ross:

The Sun posts an article about Remy's previous heart problems, followed 5 minutes later by a tweet from @Agent_ITK:

Loic Remy's medical is going to be a big, big factor in his transfer to #Spurs going through

Regarding ITK, dont trust Agent ITK and The Journalist.

They are 1st class WUMs

Thinking about your future isn't adamant your off less than a week after the season finishes is it.

Anyway regardless of what he wants Levy would only let one of Modric and Bale go in one summer, might even not let either go and Modric is first in line.

What the fudge is going on with this site?

I start the biggest OMT of our season and that gets merged inside 10 minutes

And yet this piece of quality continues to exist

:ross:

Thanks for the modding lesson, when you want advice on posting just shout

I doubt he's suddenly demanding to be off, smells like bolloks to me.

On the Spurs Podcast they had Garth Crooks on a few weeks ago and he had recently interviewed Bale. He said, that Bale told him if we got Champs Lge he'd stay, but if we didn't he'd have to think about it. Which Crooks took to mean he'd leave for sure if we weren't in the Champions League.

I hate to say it, but it isn't that much of stretch to go from "I'll leave if we don't get Champs Lge" to "I'm leaving full stop". Especially with an agent (who gets a percentage) whispering in your ear.

Last edited:
Back