• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am presuming we'll get Ade.

I am also presuming that we'll not spend ?ú15m for a benchwarmer. Therefore I'm deducing that Remy will come into the side in place of Lennon and we'll properly move from 4-4-1-1 to 4-2-3-1.

I think we actually need Ade, Remy and a 3rd forward (a more direct Ade understudy).

I dont think our formation will be set in stone. I think Harry will be more mobile in his tactics and im sure he is buying players to allow that to happen. The reason Harry was so restricted last season is simply because he didnt have the players in his squad that allowed that to happen.

Next summer we will, im sure, be more fluid in our formation and tactics and our squad will have a core of 16 - 18 top quality players with the other three or four kind of outsiders i.e. the likes of Livermore etc.

Well if he wants to chop/change the tactics we need a centre midfielder who actually gets forward and joins the attack for a 442 as Modric and whoever he play with always sit deep

I dont think our formation will be set in stone. I think Harry will be more mobile in his tactics and im sure he is buying players to allow that to happen. The reason Harry was so restricted last season is simply because he didnt have the players in his squad that allowed that to happen.

Next summer we will, im sure, be more fluid in our formation and tactics and our squad will have a core of 16 - 18 top quality players with the other three or four kind of outsiders i.e. the likes of Livermore etc.

Why is this? Is it perhaps because Harry hasnt had a clue what he has wanted and so the squad is a bit of a mish mash - by his own design?

After 4 seasons its hard to argue the squad is anything BUT Harrys, so complaining about its deficiencies is complaining about Redknapps squad management.

As it is I think some width and attacking options would have kept us in the title race this season, it isnt far away from being up to the job IMO.

Why is this? Is it perhaps because Harry hasnt had a clue what he has wanted and so the squad is a bit of a mish mash - by his own design?

After 4 seasons its hard to argue the squad is anything BUT Harrys, so complaining about its deficiencies is complaining about Redknapps squad management.

As it is I think some width and attacking options would have kept us in the title race this season, it isnt far away from being up to the job IMO.

It's all Levy's fault - didn't give the old bulldog a penny!

Jokes aside - his transfer policy / strategy remains one of his weaker aspects as a manager

Well I aint gonna go into this again but firt season he brought players to help us stay up. With those players with an addition or two he got us CL. Now those players are no longer needed as our ambitions and aspirations have changed. So what did Harry have to do? get rid of them. That was last summer. Our ambitions have superseded the ability of the squad and certain players. We now need to aim higher in terms of quality.

This summer, he now has available places in the squad, addition funds through wages saved etc and transfers out. So now he can rebuild the squad and strengthen it.

This was a 'transitional' season which to be fair finishing fourth is pretty fudgein good. I call it a transitional season because we had to get rid of players without bringing too many in (loan signings were always short stops) and we also didnt know whether Harry was gonna stay. NOW we know Harry will stay and as aforementioned we have funds now.

It's all Levy's fault - didn't give the old bulldog a penny!

Jokes aside - his transfer policy / strategy remains one of his weaker aspects as a manager

I agree. Its observation, not agenda driven Harry bashing. He has had this squad 4 years, its HIS squad now IMO. So the strengths are his, as are the weaknesses.

Well I aint gonna go into this again but firt season he brought players to help us stay up. With those players with an addition or two he got us CL. Now those players are no longer needed as our ambitions and aspirations have changed. So what did Harry have to do? get rid of them. That was last summer. Our ambitions have superseded the ability of the squad and certain players. We now need to aim higher in terms of quality.

This summer, he now has available places in the squad, addition funds through wages saved etc and transfers out. So now he can rebuild the squad and strengthen it.

This was a 'transitional' season which to be fair finishing fourth is pretty fudgein good. I call it a transitional season because we had to get rid of players without bringing too many in (loan signings were always short stops) and we also didnt know whether Harry was gonna stay. NOW we know Harry will stay and as aforementioned we have funds now.

DHSF, last summer (and the Jan before, and last Jan) this board was screaming for some winger back up, and for striker back up, it was obvious what was required. It didnt happen. It proved to be decisive.

It is Harrys job to manage the squad as well as the team. He generally manages the team well, I think his squad management leaves a lot to be desired. He gets basic things internet nobodies can spot a mile off wrong.

DHSF, last summer (and the Jan before, and last Jan) this board was screaming for some winger back up, and for striker back up, it was obvious what was required. It didnt happen. It proved to be decisive.

It is Harrys job to manage the squad as well as the team. He generally manages the team well, I think his squad management leaves a lot to be desired. He gets basic things internet nobodies can spot a mile off wrong.

Let us just see next season what happens providing we get in some players this summer.

Loic Remy met Harry Redknapp yesterday. On this occasion, the English engineer has repeated his desire to have him in their squad (note: "Dirty Harry" also like Nicolas Nkoulou, Andre Ayew or Mathieu Valbuena). The optimism is in order. But he has yet to reach an agreement with the club's president Vincent Labrune officially claiming twenty-five million euros (note: the player assures him want to stay on the Canebi?¿re). Unofficially, the blow is playable at around € 18-21 million.

This is exacly what The Journalist i think said earlier on today. Harry met remy yesterday, and we`re in for many Marseille players.

I would take Nkoulou and Ayew, both very promising but not Valbuena.

@SkyGraemeBailey: French media feel Totenham are closing in on signature of Loic Remy for around ?ú14m.

Tottenham have made a move for Ivory Coast striker Arouna Kone, a free agent after a successful season-long loan from Sevilla to fellow Spanish side Levante, where he scored 15 goals.

Back