• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So that means if I m a Croat,I automaticly rate Kranjcar? Have you actually seen what he can do with a ball?Most of the players in our team can only dream of that.And as I said once,I rate TECHNICAL players,flair players who can produce stunning moves with their football.

So you would prefer to have a player in the team who does fancy little tricks leading to fudge all end product while offering very little to the team instead of someone who works hard and has pace?

If he was such a great player why didn't he step up in those 3 losses to the big boys? Collective team failures? I'd urge you to watch the Arsenal game again and observe him during the first half

Liverpool's score was exaggurated afte they were down to 9. I can't recall how Krunchie contributed to any of those goals anyway. His best game was agianst Saudi Sportswashing Machine, granted but little else this season, I'm afraid.

So to summarise

Games in which he played and we won - credit

Games in which he played and we lost - collective failures

Vertonghen's Agent: 'Deal could be done this week'

Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen could complete his move to Tottenham this week, according to the player's agent.

The centre-backÔÇÖs switch to north London has been in the offing for some time, with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy hesitant to match the Dutch sideÔÇÖs fee for a player with just one year left on his contract.

And the playerÔÇÖs representative, Mustapha Nakhli, has revealed his client is just waiting for the two clubs to agree terms before travelling to London to finalise the move, though he fears Ajax are demanding too much money for the playerÔÇÖs services.

"Jan is just waiting for now,ÔÇØ Nakhli told Voetbal International.

ÔÇ£We'll travel to Tottenham once they've reached an agreement. It won't take much time to make an appointment. I hope that we can complete the deal this week. I think that's going to happen."

"Ajax is asking way too much for a player who has a contract until 2013. Fifteen million? What do you think yourself?"

Nakhli has also revealed Vertonghen has his heart set on a move to White Hart Lane and is not contemplating a move anywhere else, with Arsenal reportedly set to swoop if the deal falls through.

He continued: "Both clubs [Tottenham and Ajax] are close to a deal, but there is still some difference between them. Tottenham is the only club we are interested in. Jan sees great opportunities in London at The Spurs, so we don't look at other clubs."

The only game we lost last season in which he started was away to Arsenal, even then he left the game at 2-2.

So you would prefer to have a player in the team who does fancy little tricks leading to fudge all end product while offering very little to the team instead of someone who works hard and has pace?

If he was such a great player why didn't he step up in those 3 losses to the big boys? Collective team failures? I'd urge you to watch the Arsenal game again and observe him during the first half

I think after this comment it's safe to say that you are just a troll.To describe Niko with "fancy tricks" and "no end product" is laughable,to say the least.I dont rate him that highly tho,I dont think he can score 4 against United,5 against City and 4 against Arsenal to ensure our win in those matches.I urge you to watch the second half,which we lost 0-3(with Parker AND Sandro) and looked even worse,atleast we had a 2-2 in the first half.

I have just taken my time and read your comments in this thread and came to the conclusion that it's totaly pointless to discuss NK with you because somehow in your head you have created a special image of him and you wont let go of it.Even the people that don't want him in the Spurs side,all agree that he is actually a good footballer that is not best suited for the English power-play rather than your biased "he is just brick" comments.

There is other ways to rack up your post count rather than bashing Kranjcar in his "farewell" thread

The only game we lost last season in which he started was away to Arsenal, even then he left the game at 2-2.

dont let facts get in the way of someone making up stuff and exagerrating them to make their points look valid. oh no, facts are no good here. honestly some people just keep showing their character more and more.

can't believe i didnt see it in the past

I think after this comment it's safe to say that you are just a troll.To describe Niko with "fancy tricks" and "no end product" is laughable,to say the least.I dont rate him that highly tho,I dont think he can score 4 against United,5 against City and 4 against Arsenal to ensure our win in those matches.I urge you to watch the second half,which we lost 0-3(with Parker AND Sandro) and looked even worse,atleast we had a 2-2 in the first half.

I have just taken my time and read your comments in this thread and came to the conclusion that it's totaly pointless to discuss NK with you because somehow in your head you have created a special image of him and you wont let go of it.Even the people that don't want him in the Spurs side,all agree that he is actually a good footballer that is not best suited for the English power-play rather than your biased "he is just brick" comments.

There is other ways to rack up your post count rather than bashing Kranjcar in his "farewell" thread

=D>=D>=D>

To describe Niko with "fancy tricks" and "no end product" is laughable

I didn't describe Niko as that - used is as an example for a 'player', read carefully - i.e. what would you prefer in a team

- a resonably technical player who can do pretty things with the ball albeit little else
- a hard worker who techincal side is less developed

He's a decent player who'd probably do well in a medium sized team/league - never decribed him a 'brick' - don't put words in my mouth.

He doesn't fit our team which was my earlier comment about his low-work rate. We cannot carry such a player in midfield in the Prem on the basis of 1-2 good games a season. Perhaps West Brom could or Sunderland.

I say again - can't only bring up the good games and describe the poor ones as collective failures

It is you who appears unable to accept criticism to your fellow countryman instead resorting to insults and digs and insinuating comments I never made.

and then he doubles back and tries to squirm his way out of it.......right on que

aarrrrrrrrgggghhh...its fukcing infuriating!!! and it doesnt even concern me!!!

i'm out

Vertonghen's Agent: 'Deal could be done this week'

Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen could complete his move to Tottenham this week, according to the player's agent.

The centre-back’s switch to north London has been in the offing for some time, with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy hesitant to match the Dutch side’s fee for a player with just one year left on his contract.

And the player’s representative, Mustapha Nakhli, has revealed his client is just waiting for the two clubs to agree terms before travelling to London to finalise the move, though he fears Ajax are demanding too much money for the player’s services.

"Jan is just waiting for now,” Nakhli told Voetbal International.

“We'll travel to Tottenham once they've reached an agreement. It won't take much time to make an appointment. I hope that we can complete the deal this week. I think that's going to happen."

"Ajax is asking way too much for a player who has a contract until 2013. Fifteen million? What do you think yourself?"

Nakhli has also revealed Vertonghen has his heart set on a move to White Hart Lane and is not contemplating a move anywhere else, with Arsenal reportedly set to swoop if the deal falls through.

He continued: "Both clubs [Tottenham and Ajax] are close to a deal, but there is still some difference between them. Tottenham is the only club we are interested in. Jan sees great opportunities in London at The Spurs, so we don't look at other clubs."

at The Spurs! :-k

at least we had a 2-2 in the first half.

As a seprate point to this debate (and one which has been brought many a times before):

That score-line was perhaps the single most deceiving one all season - aboslutely no realistic reflection as to actual proceedings on the field.

We smashed and grabbed 2 goals and were on the receiving end ever since then. Completely overrun in the middle, absorbing pressure, Arse missing many chances, couldn't come out of our half, hoofing away cluelessly, making Rosicky look half decent again for the first time in 3 fudging years, Ade and Saha didn't touch the ball for 10 minutes at a time. We didn't control the tempo, had minimal possesion and were merely absorbing. We all knew what was coming in the second half unless a small miracle took place whcih never seems to happen with Spurs so - no, to suggest we matched them for a draw in the first half because the score-line suggested so in grossly inaccurate, imv.

Would have been 4:2 most likely if we had 5 more minutes of extra time

How did we manage to carry him for 25 games in our best ever PL season then?

I'm referring to our last season. What is the point of bringing up events which took place 3 years ago? Should we also drop Brad and start Gomes in goals - he was also good back then.

Are we starting players on ability and form or past merits?

No, because players who are faster can cover a greater distance. And Kranjcar is slow as fudge.

Personally I was impressed with his work-rate when he came into the team. In particular away to Liverpool.

I'll be sad to see him go. Love the way he plays football. Started 19 games I believe in the season we clinched CL football. Think it's a shame he's never been given a chance in VDV's role when he's been subbed or out injured. Would also have liked to see him play left-midfield against teams parking the bus, with Bale bombing forward from left-back.

I'm a Kranky fan personally. I do feel that the only position he could play in was left midfield though, and that put him up against Bale. But I also think we under utilised him. One thing I'd have liked to have seen Harry do more was drop Bale to left back when we were dominating possession but failing to break through. And then utilise Kranky or Pienaar in front of him. Kranky is (was) our biggest goal threat from the midfield because he is the only midfielder we have who actually attacks the box and tries to get in there.

Against weaker teams at home I'd also have liked to have seen Bale start at left back with Kranky/Pienaar in front of him.

What an absolute nob cheese, and a clueless one at that. If I thought he was a 16 year old kid, I'd think he's a genius. He's been able to string out a whole bunch of Spurs fans over about 2 years now because apparantly once upon a time he got something right. But alas, I don't think that's the case. I genuinely think he believes all the brick he posts.

Im glad some of the other sites are joining the GG way of thinking that 99.9% of ITK are ****s and deserve all the abuse they get. Most people remember the 'Blue and Yellow' farce of last season which was obviously referring to Rossi (blue + yellow = Villareal, plus the 'bap bap americano' comments) but then mysteriously the "and" was the important word because blue was Diarra (blue = France) and yellow was Ade (Yellow = Togo), until finally when Ade signed and Diarra did not, the blue represented Emirates Marketing Project all along.

I'm not sure how the contents of his rant provide any excuse for calling Hazard to City, especially since he's come out and said he chose Chelsea over United, seemingly had as much chance of signing for City as he did for Spurs.

So on to Vertonghen. 17th May he posted "pretty much agreed on. happy days" And almost a month later he still hasn't signed, and the player personally came out and said he's still an Ajax player and don't believe everything you read. Is the delay due to the things Porker of the Ladyboys listed? No of course not.

Yes transfers are complex but negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, bonusses and add ons are done well before things are "pretty much agreed on". So what exactly is agreed on to be "pretty much"? The font on the contract? It's arial 10 - better order your shirts.

Medicals can often be a lay down misere so in the case of a low risk player, it's seen as a formality and again, if things were "pretty much agreed on" on 17th May, the medical would be done and passed with flying colours shortly thereafter.

The other items are a crock of brick. FA registrations? Give me a break. They do hundreds of them and for a EU player, it's only an administrative function that holds nothing up.

FX conversion? This is the thing that made me laugh most. At the end of the day, buying a player is merely a contract, no different to the multitude of contract transactions that happen between different currencies every minute of every day. Foreign Curreny is a risk with every contract. You either bare the risk, or hedge it. It's not a reason for the contract not going through, or being delayed. You won't ever see a multimillion pound deal be delayed because the buying club wants to play the market and see if they can save a few quid on the forex. What a load of cobblers. The currency the fee is paid in is simply the currency the selling club has their bank account in. And in this case it's simply the Euro, not the Tongan Pa'anga.

And to end my rant against the rant, regarding the club's "disgression"about announcing the signing. Ajax would be well within their right to announce the sale and could see no reason for the delay. What reason would Spurs have for the delay? Surely we'd want the football world to know that we've secured a well recognised hot prospect from Ajax, and maybe guys like Bale and Modric would think that's pretty neat.

Apologies for the rant rant, but this joker does my head in.

Genius.

I think Kranjcar could've played the number 10 role like Teddy Sheringham. Seemed to me, the obvious VDV substitution.

profile%2Bniko%2Bkranjcar.jpg

All the best to him.

Now Luka lonely...

Am i the only one that finds it strange that a player has his heart set on us?

It's great but It seems a bit of a surpise that a good player is desperate to play for us.

Back