• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rangers' top players will be available on cut-price deals from Friday under clauses in their contracts, as they revert to their full salaries.

The squad agreed to cuts of up to 75% at the beginning of March, as administrators Duff & Phelps sought to avoid sweeping redundancies.

In exchange, several players insisted on minimum release clauses.

It means players like Steven Naismith, one of Rangers' prize assets, could be sold for ?ú2m.

Others who have similar clauses include Steven Whittaker (around ?ú850,000) and team captain Steve Davis, who would be available for in the region of ?ú1.65m.

Kyle Lafferty, who has just a year left on his contract, can go for about ?ú500,000, with Maurice Edu even cheaper at just ?ú300,000.

Scotland international goalkeeper Allan McGregor and the Romanian defender Dorin Goian have also negotiated release clauses.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has voiced his desire to hold on to his key players, though the decision is likely to be taken out of his hands.

Prospective owner Charles Green's plans for the squad are unclear, but any player sales, under Duff & Phelps' proposal of a company voluntary arrangement, would go to the company for the benefit of Green's Sevco takeover vehicle, rather than to creditors.

Only money already owed to the club for previous transfers will go into the creditors' pot through the CVA.

While any bids matching the players' clauses must automatically be accepted, it does not follow that the player will necessarily leave Rangers.

It gives them the right to speak to a bidding club, but it remains possible the players involved could stay with the club.

The clauses run for the remainder of the players' existing contracts, but with salaries again to be paid in full, the administrators and Green must deal with a disparity between income and outlay.

The CVA proposal estimated a shortfall of around ?ú3m, which it is expected will be met by Sevco through either transfer fees or season ticket revenue.

If that revenue is insufficient to meet what are known as the CVA trading costs, the administrators will fund the shortfall from the ?ú8.3m loan from Green's consortium and that figure will subsequently be deducted from the creditors' pot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18288091

did anyone see this a few weeks back?

[video=youtube;zfryt57FKAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfryt57FKAA[/video]

Wouldn't Athletico just buy them out, I'd imagine there would be a pre contract saying how much it would cost.

Atl?®tico can't afford to buy them out. The only reason he's there in the first place is because they thought Atl?®tico was a good shop window for him.

Ummm... Ronaldinho?

Reports coming in that he's quit Flamengo over un-paid salaries. I know he's getting old and past his peak but he is still very good technically and could have the same effect on us like Davids or Gallas.

Cheeky Bid?

Reports coming in that he's quit Flamengo over un-paid salaries. I know he's getting old and past his peak but he is still very good technically and could have the same effect on us like Davids or Gallas.

Cheeky Bid?

He'd have the opposite effect turning Sandro into the new GDS.

Compared to Rooney's, seems to me he had longer to think about it, which in a paradoxical way makes it a bit more impressive.

Cheeky Bid?

If we were going to go for an experienced player would much rather try to get Clarence Seedorf; was at the Soccer Aid game at the weekend and he is absolute class & you get the impression he would be great to have around the club.

This may upset some but there is no such thing as ITK. It's all madeup, attention seeking flimflam. Nobody knows anything. tossers.

I'm closing this. There is an ITK, gossip and associated crap thread stickied at the top of this page. We do not need a new thread for every player that becomes available.

Wow, JJetset hinting that Harry could be off tomorrow. Think that's what he's implying anyway, he's being a bit vague.

Like I said jjetset was ok January Now turned into a self promoting up his own ass itk. Burn em all I say.

Back